News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Pokemon causes cancer?

Started by …, October 02, 2007, 04:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It's old but I just saw this on IGN.

RUMOR #9: Pokémon causes cancer.

Source: The Web site for the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center.

The official story: Curiously, Nintendo's reps were all out of the office on Friday. (Suffering from Pikachu poisoning, perhaps?)

What we heard: Few things provoke as severe a love-hate reaction as Pokémon games. That said, even the most rabid Pikachu-basher wouldn't accuse the franchise of being carcinogenic (though the TV show based on the games was accused of causing seizures). However, in the purest technical sense, "Pokemon" does cause cancer. That's because "Pokemon" is also the name of a cancer-causing gene that was recently discovered. In a study published in the January 20 issue of Nature, researchers at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer outline how they isolated the POK Erythroid Myeloid Ontogenic factor--or POKEMON, for short. What's next? A leukemia gene called Dragon Ball Z? A terminal case of Yu-Gi-Oh! Syndrome?

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus, but totally hilarious.

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/goldeneye/news.html?sid=6117482&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1
...̅̅̅

Silverhawk79

Eh, it's just an amusing coincidence.

phatyo

Oh this is my studies. :O I found out that just because somthing is named some way does not mean its true :|

FunPika4

That was renamed Zbtb7 after Nintendo threatened to sue the scientists that named it. :P

Pokémon doesn't cause cancer...but seizures are a different story. :P

Commander Awesome

phatyo

Jono2

this topic is cold.

like, since I was last on the real Nsider cold.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

ResidentZoidberg

RESIDENT_ZOIDBERG
Rank Killer Bees 
Date Registered 04-23-2004 09:56 PM
Total Posts 23545 

Shrodu

I wish it did.   The only reason Pokemon's still big is because of Kojiro, Musashi, and Nyasu.

THELASTONESTANDING

that thing spelled out POKEMO >.<
Palkemo (Paul-key-mo) :P

CORRUPTION!

Omega Pirate

Reading the manual has not been shown to have an effect on your manliness.

Quote from: Omega Pirate on October 02, 2007, 09:28:57 PM
Super 00ber old.
I believe I already said it was old at the beginning of my post. :|
...̅̅̅

Kayo

no but like someone said, it causes seizures! just look at the porygon episode!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:|
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Sgt.Chilly

...̅̅̅