News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

When did this place become so quiet?

Started by Tupin, July 25, 2012, 06:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Non-food related now.

Will posting Gravity Falls .gifs make people as mad as if I were to post MLP .gifs? Let's find out.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Mona

Incoming gifs.
I may have went a little overboard...

Tupin

Screw it. If you get your Adventure Time, I get this.

And some Adventure Time to balance things out, too:

Mona

I don't really consider MLP to be comparable to Adventure Time...
If I had posted Homestuck gifs then that'd be different.
But I won't...
'Cause then it'd be a battle of the horrible fandoms.
And we don't want that.

Tupin

Haha, did you just exclude Adventure Time from your list of horrible fandoms? That's a good one.

Mona

I haven't met any Adventure Time fans who are anywhere near as annoying as My Little Pony or Homestuck fans. You can feel however you want, though. You've probably had different experiences than I have.

Anyway... More gifs.

Zero

Adventure Time's fandom is nowhere NEAR as bad as the MLP fandom. Don't even try to go there, lol.

Tupin

Quote from: Z on September 29, 2012, 07:44:34 PM
Adventure Time's fandom is nowhere NEAR as bad as the MLP fandom. Don't even try to go there, lol.
I won't, though I'll admit that neither are exactly great, but what do you want from an internet fandom? I've seen enough horrible Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, and MLP related things to last a lifetime. None are better than the other. I don't even want to get into Homestuck.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on September 29, 2012, 07:57:25 PM
I won't, though I'll admit that neither are exactly great, but what do you want from an internet fandom? I've seen enough horrible Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, and MLP related things to last a lifetime. None are better than the other. I don't even want to get into Homestuck.

My beef with the MLP fandom is their constant need to vomit Pony related material no matter what the discussion may be. It's a vocal minority, but the problem is that they are very vocal. Makes the rest of them look bad.

Won't touch Homestuck. Nope. Not doing it.

Mona

Quote from: Tupin on September 29, 2012, 07:57:25 PM
I don't even want to get into Homestuck.
Quote from: Z on September 29, 2012, 08:03:12 PM

Hee hee... >w>

Tupin

Quote from: Z on September 29, 2012, 08:03:12 PM
My beef with the MLP fandom is their constant need to vomit Pony related material no matter what the discussion may be. It's a vocal minority, but the problem is that they are very vocal. Makes the rest of them look bad.

It's just something that happens in overeager fandoms, I try to keep ponies out of most things. Still, you can't tell me people "vomiting" specific fandom material hasn't happened before.

Why would it make me look bad if they aren't like me? Seems to be a lot of people who rely on everyone having perfect behavior so they don't look bad.

I only posted them here because there are so many pony .gifs that they're easy to find. Ditto for Adventure Time.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on September 29, 2012, 08:13:41 PM
It's just something that happens in overeager fandoms, I try to keep ponies out of most things. Still, you can't tell me people "vomiting" specific fandom material hasn't happened before.

Oh it has. Just not to the degree the MLP fandom takes it. The fandom gained its own intercourse ing board on 4chan to quell this very problem. That's just ONE example.

Why would it make me look bad if they aren't like me? Seems to be a lot of people who rely on everyone having perfect behavior so they don't look bad.

Not exactly. But, when your fandom leeches out into every discussion you take part in, it becomes annoying. Imagine me talking about Mega Man no matter what the topic is. That is the type of MLP fan we're talking here. Taking the topic, and perverting it into MLP. Or at least, trying to. You see this on blog comments, message boards, etc.

I only posted them here because there are so many pony .gifs that they're easy to find. Ditto for Adventure Time.

You can post them all you intercourse ing want man. It's practically a chat thread at this point.

Tupin

Quote from: Z on September 29, 2012, 08:21:28 PM
Oh it has. Just not to the degree the MLP fandom takes it. The fandom gained its own intercourse ing board on 4chan to quell this very problem. That's just ONE example.
Uh...you do know where the fandom started, right?

Not exactly. But, when your fandom leeches out into every discussion you take part in, it becomes annoying. Imagine me talking about Mega Man no matter what the topic is. That is the type of MLP fan we're talking here. Taking the topic, and perverting it into MLP. Or at least, trying to. You see this on blog comments, message boards, etc.
I hate this too.

You can post them all you intercourse ing want man. It's practically a chat thread at this point.
Maybe later, if I can't find more food ones.

Mona

Quote from: Tupin on September 29, 2012, 08:27:52 PM
Maybe later, if I can't find more food ones.

Oh God, please no. I'll die.

Tupin

Too bad. I found some.

Here's a Pinkie Pie to calm down:

Mega Man, too: