News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Started by Neerb, April 20, 2011, 04:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Well, finished my 100% run. Still a fantastic a game as ever. Although there a slight few control issues here and there, it may just be a combination of it being an N64 game on the 3DS and the 3DS not quite having a good enough joystick for certain actions. Also, a minor annoyance. The final credit sequence has a much higher quality sound/recording than the original game obviously. C'mon Nintendo, why didn't you update the score along with the graphics? Ugh. Graphics are amazing, but a few minor texture "geh's" here and there. I wonder what would've happened if they really rebuilt the whole thing from scratch. Oh well.

May do a minimalist run some other time (and by minimalist, I mean 3-heart run with no upgrades to anything).

Neerb

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2011, 11:27:11 AM
Well, finished my 100% run. Still a fantastic a game as ever. Although there a slight few control issues here and there, it may just be a combination of it being an N64 game on the 3DS and the 3DS not quite having a good enough joystick for certain actions. Also, a minor annoyance. The final credit sequence has a much higher quality sound/recording than the original game obviously. C'mon Nintendo, why didn't you update the score along with the graphics? Ugh. Graphics are amazing, but a few minor texture "geh's" here and there. I wonder what would've happened if they really rebuilt the whole thing from scratch. Oh well.

May do a minimalist run some other time (and by minimalist, I mean 3-heart run with no upgrades to anything).

It's the one and only orchestrated song in the game; they couldn't do it for the whole game for some reason, but they decided to do it for the end credits as kind of a 25th anniversary bonus.

Nayrman

I still don't get why considering updating graphics is a lot harder than simply rerecording music in higher quality.

DededeCloneChris

Like always, Nayr, you always want more.

Anyway, I just rescued the Gay Workers at the fortress and now I'm heading to the Spirit Temple.

Nayrman

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 23, 2011, 03:05:23 PM
Like always, Nayr, you always want more.

Anyway, I just rescued the Gay Workers at the fortress and now I'm heading to the Spirit Temple.

Because clearly the system can handle better music. I know it's not that big a deal but while I love that musical piece at the end, it made me really want an updated soundtrack.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2011, 03:37:02 PM
Because clearly the system can handle better music. I know it's not that big a deal but while I love that musical piece at the end, it made me really want an updated soundtrack.
I believe the CD has new tracks.

Super

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2011, 03:37:02 PM
The system could also handle better graphics, but they didn't go all-out Xbox 360 quality. The point of this remake was to refresh the game but also hearken back to its classic roots.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Super on June 23, 2011, 04:24:54 PM
The system could also handle better graphics, but they didn't go all-out Xbox 360 quality. The point of this remake was to refresh the game but also hearken back to its classic roots.
And to gives us the sweet Master Quest. Oh, and Boss Rush. Also, doesn't the Forest Temple's theme sound a bit different?

SkyMyl

Technically, all the music was re-done, like the graphics. But as Super said, they wanted to keep it faithful to the original, hence why the tracks (and Ocarina songs) may sound similar, but not exactly the same.

Custom

Quote from: Nayrman on June 23, 2011, 11:27:11 AM

I honestly would've been disappointed if they redid the music. I have a billion Zelda remixes and have all of ZREO, but there is nothing like playing the game with the original music.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Super

Quote from: Custom on June 24, 2011, 11:33:39 PM
I honestly would've been disappointed if they redid the music. I have a billion Zelda remixes and have all of ZREO, but there is nothing like playing the game with the original music.
I kind of feel that way regarding Super Mario All-Stars. Something about the redone music bothers me a bit.

DededeCloneChris

Is it just me or did they re-arrange the Big Poe locations?

Nayrman

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 25, 2011, 12:37:00 PM
Is it just me or did they re-arrange the Big Poe locations?

As far as I could tell, they're the same. Unless of course you mean Master Quest. :P

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on June 25, 2011, 12:42:36 PM
As far as I could tell, they're the same. Unless of course you mean Master Quest. :P
Nope, normal mode.

Nayrman