News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

NES/GBA games for free...because the 3DS bites it.

Started by Nayrman, July 28, 2011, 05:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on September 02, 2011, 08:52:42 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up at all on getting a Pokemon game on the 3DS's VC. You can't run those on a password system and I doubt they'll give them save files.
I'm really hoping this was just a bitter joke...

DededeCloneChris

Pokemon games are most likely not going to be released because of their trade features being a very important factor to them.

Quote from: Kayo on September 02, 2011, 08:52:42 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up at all on getting a Pokemon game on the 3DS's VC. You can't run those on a password system and I doubt they'll give them save files.

...You seriously forgot the fact main Pokemon games have their own save feature built into them?

Zero

Quote from: Riddler21 on September 02, 2011, 01:39:18 PM
It's retardedly small. And they won't fix it. They have no reason to update it, honestly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR35uXy7dMM

Yeah no. The resolution is fine. Go smoke your crack elsewhere brah.

The Riddler

Quote from: Zero on September 03, 2011, 11:16:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR35uXy7dMM

Yeah no. The resolution is fine. Go smoke your crack elsewhere brah.
A) The video you links is retardedly small.
B) Try looking at it in person.

Super

I have the games and I don't have a problem with the resolution.

Zero

Quote from: Riddler21 on September 03, 2011, 11:54:49 AM
A) The video you links is retardedly small.
B) Try looking at it in person.

I'm having a difficult time understanding why you think it is "too small" when on the 3DS screen these NES games are displayed in dimensions that are easily larger than a Game Boy screen. 

Bro I have my games downloaded, and the resolution is absolutely fine. I wouldn't be saying anything about it to begin with unless I had tried it myself.

So the real question is, are you a giant?

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 03, 2011, 08:11:20 AM
Wait, what? Nintendo's already released several VC games on the 3DS that use save files. Why would that be an issue?
What? People were just saying that there was a password system. Now I'm confused. Guess that won't be the reason then. I only said that because I was under the impression that Nintendo didn't put save files on their VC games.

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 03, 2011, 10:08:15 AM
Pokemon games are most likely not going to be released because of their trade features being a very important factor to them.
Yeah, I said this a LONG time ago.

Quote...You seriously forgot the fact main Pokemon games have their own save feature built into them?
Away with you.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Quote from: Kayo on September 03, 2011, 06:10:38 PM
What? People were just saying that there was a password system. Now I'm confused. Guess that won't be the reason then. I only said that because I was under the impression that Nintendo didn't put save files on their VC games.

Only the NES games that originally had passwords have passwords, like Metroid. We were simply a tad upset because Nintendo didn't change this and add save files.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 03, 2011, 06:18:51 PM
Only the NES games that originally had passwords have passwords, like Metroid. We were simply a tad upset because Nintendo didn't change this and add save files.
Ohhh, okay. I get it. Alright that's not so bad, it's just a more exact port. Yeah I doubt they'd dig back into an old game to throw a save file in there. Seems more likely that they'd just port it as-is.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Anyway, I think Pokemon on VC would be possible. You couldn't trade up to your DS games or anything, but we already know multiplayer can work in the VC due to the announcement that the NES games will be getting it later this year. Heck, I'd have enough fun just playing it by myself; Kanto rocks.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 03, 2011, 06:26:18 PM
Anyway, I think Pokemon on VC would be possible. You couldn't trade up to your DS games or anything, but we already know multiplayer can work in the VC due to the announcement that the NES games will be getting it later this year. Heck, I'd have enough fun just playing it by myself; Kanto rocks.
Not really. If you had say, Pokemon Ruby on the 3DS, you wouldn't be able to connect with Pokemon RSEFRLG on a GBA or anything like that. If they made it so it could only connect with other 3rd gen games on the 3DS (not necessarily 3rd gen, remember) then that would be silly, especially since it's very likely that there will be a remake of R/S. 

What I'm trying to say is, if they DID input the trading, then not only do they have to break into the game and make it compatible with 3DS local wireless, but it makes a whole new sort of half-gen of Pokemon games; i.e. a group of games that can easily connect with each other and not others. Multiplayer on a Pokemon game has always been more complex than multiplayer on say, NES games. Because of how complex the games work and how certain mechanics would have to bend to fit the 3DS (remember the realtime clocks?) it would take a bit of work for Nintendo to fix them to 3DS compatibility, and I doubt they'd do that.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Who said anything about Ruby? Nintendo currently has no plans to release GBA games onto the VC outside of the 10 exclusive to Ambassadors; I'm just talking about Red and Blue, or just Yellow by itself. And they don't need to be able to connect to any DS or 3DS games; they'd be a self-contained release (just like the original games, actually, seeing as how there was no GBC-GBA connection). VC games are never meant to be anything besides nostalgic, anyway, completely separated from modern games; Pokemon doesn't need to be an exception just because it's Pokemon.

They'd have to make it so the games use wireless trading/battling instead of link cables (possibly raising the price a buck?), but other than that it's not terribly complicated.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kayo on September 03, 2011, 06:20:26 PM
Ohhh, okay. I get it. Alright that's not so bad, it's just a more exact port. Yeah I doubt they'd dig back into an old game to throw a save file in there. Seems more likely that they'd just port it as-is.
Just don't try typing in Metroid's password menu:

ENGAGE RIDLEY
MOTHER F*CK*R
(remove the asterisks for a U and an E)

It freezes the console until you do a power cycle. No idea why would somebody write nasty words in the first place.

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on September 03, 2011, 07:36:59 PM
Who said anything about Ruby? Nintendo currently has no plans to release GBA games onto the VC outside of the 10 exclusive to Ambassadors; I'm just talking about Red and Blue, or just Yellow by itself. And they don't need to be able to connect to any DS or 3DS games; they'd be a self-contained release (just like the original games, actually, seeing as how there was no GBC-GBA connection). VC games are never meant to be anything besides nostalgic, anyway, completely separated from modern games; Pokemon doesn't need to be an exception just because it's Pokemon.

They'd have to make it so the games use wireless trading/battling instead of link cables (possibly raising the price a buck?), but other than that it's not terribly complicated.
Alright we'll just leave X Pokemon impossible to obtain by any means. Also who would even give a intercourse  about playing Pokemon RBY on a 3DS? The nostalgia value is better on any older system, in my opinion. Not like that affects anything, but I just have to argue with you because your argument posts are often extremely stupid and I feel like I have to make an equally stupid post just to be sure you're on the same page I am.

Also you clearly didn't read my post at all. You saw "Pokemon Ruby" and were so quick to try and call me out on that. I was using Pokemon Ruby as an example and never once said it would be a game that would come out on VC. Plus, they probably WILL make GBA games on the VC available to non-Ambassadors eventually unless they're even dumber than I thought, but that's a point for another day.

Making everything wireless is more complicated than you think. Any big internal edit to the game like that is tons more work than just porting it. They definitely would NOT do that with Pokemon Red/Blue. A self-contained release? Maybe. Maybe Nintendo has just enough gall to actually do that. But I highly doubt it.

Quote from: NotAsagiChris on September 03, 2011, 07:50:37 PM
Just don't try typing in Metroid's password menu:

ENGAGE RIDLEY
MOTHER FUCK*R
(remove that asterisk for an E)

It freezes the console until you do a power cycle.
What are you 12 just say FUCKER there are no internet nazis watching over everything you type to make sure you don't type a swear word. If you're really concerned about typing out language on the internet, I'd like to point out that you just clearly typed out the entire word "FUCK". K thanks.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

Nah, I just hate saying/typing/writing bad words. I rarely ever swear. Don't mind it too much, please.