News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

How far will Pokemon go?

Started by Doodle, April 16, 2009, 12:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

It's been around for about 10 years now. And there's already almost 500 Pokemon.
There's going to be a point when Game Freak's ideas for Pokemon begin to suck a lot, or just stop altogether.
When do you think Pokemon games will finally come to an end?
I think 2 or 3 more generations would be the limit. With 500 Pokemon already, it would be hard to think of more. Plus there's always going to have to be new features. Sooner or later they're going to run out of ideas.
YEAH

Transient Link

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on April 16, 2009, 12:45:43 PM
It's been around for about 10 years now. And there's already almost 500 Pokemon.
There's going to be a point when Game Freak's ideas for Pokemon begin to suck a lot, or just stop altogether.
I think 2 or 3 more generations would be the limit. With 500 Pokemon already, it would be hard to think of more. Plus there's always going to have to be new features. Sooner or later they're going to run out of ideas.

Um...Game Freak has already reached that point mate haha, 3rd generation was good, 4th and beyond, epic failure.

Macawmoses

Quote from: MARLUXIA on April 16, 2009, 01:33:24 PM

Um...Game Freak has already reached that point mate haha, 3rd generation was good, 4th and beyond, epic failure.
You're at a loss. 3rd was a complete failure. The 4th made up for it.

They'll keep pumping out Pokemon for another 15 years. They'll come a bit less at a time, but they'll keep coming.

Matt

Quote from: Layton on April 16, 2009, 02:01:56 PM

They'll keep pumping out Pokemon for another 15 years. They'll come a bit less at a time, but they'll keep coming.

Am I the only one that has liked all four generations?

Anyways, Pokemon will be around as long as there are people that are still really into or getting into it, but like similar to what Mack said, ideas it will come at a slower pace.

Transient Link

Yea right!! Hardly any good pokemon in 4th gen!

Macawmoses

The Pokemon aren't the point of Gen. IV. However, Gen. III didn't get Pokemon or features right. Sure, abilities, great. Ruby/Sapphire were absolutely weak on all fronts - behind graphically, Pokemon wise, feature wise, story wise, etc.

Light

Quote from: MARLUXIA on April 16, 2009, 02:14:36 PM

Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Lucario, Infernape, the three sprites, Garchomp... need I go on?

Anyway, I think Pokemon will continue as long as they have supporters. Hey, if it makes money, why stop it?
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Neerb

Pokemon will continue to be made until Nintendo goes bankrupt.

Oh, and IV gen beats III gen any day!!  Although neither are as good as Kanto or Johto.

Matt

Quote from: Light on April 16, 2009, 02:28:14 PM
Quote from: MARLUXIA on April 16, 2009, 02:14:36 PM

Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Lucario, Infernape, the three sprites, Garchomp... need I go on?

I'll continue for you...

Darkrai, Gallade, Staraptor, Heatran, Weavile, Roserade, Mismagius, Porygon-Z, Spiritomb, Manaphy, Tangrowth, Leafeon & Glaceon, and I can keep going on but I will end it there.

jnfs2014

Gen 1: Epic
Gen 2: Even more epic.
Gen 3: Meh.
Gen 4: Pokemon at its competitive finest.
Gen 5: Downhill.
Gen 6: Wth are these n00b Pokemon?

Fish

Generation 4's Pokemon disappointed me a lot. I disliked most them. I also had/ am having the least amount of fun with Pearl. I'm actually playing Fire Red instead because it's k3wl like that.
If they screw up really bad on the next generation's Pokemon then I think there's a possibility they'll just use the preexisting Pokemon for a game or two after the Generation that did bad. Hopefully they'll really think up a way of making Generation V better than IV.

Qsmash

To quote $00pah Nin10doh!
"We got Time and Space, every human emotion, every natural element and nature itself, life and death...what do we go for next?"

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Qsmash on April 16, 2009, 06:25:47 PM
"We got Time and Space, every human emotion, every natural element and nature itself, life and death...what do we go for next?"

Rehashed versions of all of those things?

JrDude

There are many ideas yet to be explored. Also, they can repeat some ideas.
I feel like one of the only ones who liked all 4 generations with barely any complaints.
Pokémon-wise, there are still many things they haven't used, like porcupines, Pegasus, gorillas (monkeys don't count), and many other things I can't think of right now, and they can re-use ideas, like they did with rats and monkeys.
Story-wise, there are many things they can still do too, like the sun and the moon's existence (Lunatone and Solrock can be a part in the storyline), the rest of the planets, the actual creation of people and pokémon, and many other ideas I can't think of.

My guess is that they will re-make the G/S (not Crystal) for the DS with new features, then make a new generation, then maybe something else, then another generation, and then make a game which will contain all of the generations (for a console, not DS), then maybe stop there.
What I hope is that they continue for almost forever.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Qsmash

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on April 16, 2009, 06:36:58 PM
Quote from: Qsmash on April 16, 2009, 06:25:47 PM

Rehashed versions of all of those things?
k, I don't really want anymore pogeymanz to pop up anyway.