How far will Pokemon go?

Started by Doodle, April 16, 2009, 12:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Qsmash on April 16, 2009, 06:42:29 PM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on April 16, 2009, 06:36:58 PM
Quote from: Qsmash on April 16, 2009, 06:25:47 PM
To quote $00pah Nin10doh!
"We got Time and Space, every human emotion, every natural element and nature itself, life and death...what do we go for next?"

Rehashed versions of all of those things?
k, I don't really want anymore pogeymanz to pop up anyway.
I already find it hard to keep track of 483 names and appearances.

Quote from: JrDude on April 16, 2009, 06:39:26 PM
There are many ideas yet to be explored. Also, they can repeat some ideas.
I feel like one of the only ones who liked all 4 generations with barely any complaints.
Pokémon-wise, there are still many things they haven't used, like porcupines, Pegasus, gorillas (monkeys don't count), and many other things I can't think of right now, and they can re-use ideas, like they did with rats and monkeys.
Story-wise, there are many things they can still do too, like the sun and the moon's existence (Lunatone and Solrock can be a part in the storyline), the rest of the planets, the actual creation of people and pokémon, and many other ideas I can't think of.

My guess is that they will re-make the G/S (not Crystal) for the DS with new features, then make a new generation, then maybe something else, then another generation, and then make a game which will contain all of the generations (for a console, not DS), then maybe stop there.
What I hope is that they continue for almost forever.

Isn't Slaking a gorilla? Anyway, I agree with that plan. About six generations with a game that ties them all together on a console.

Neerb

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on April 16, 2009, 06:51:26 PM
Quote from: Qsmash on April 16, 2009, 06:42:29 PM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on April 16, 2009, 06:36:58 PM
Quote from: Qsmash on April 16, 2009, 06:25:47 PM
To quote $00pah Nin10doh!
"We got Time and Space, every human emotion, every natural element and nature itself, life and death...what do we go for next?"

Rehashed versions of all of those things?
k, I don't really want anymore pogeymanz to pop up anyway.
I already find it hard to keep track of 483 names and appearances.

Quote from: JrDude on April 16, 2009, 06:39:26 PM
There are many ideas yet to be explored. Also, they can repeat some ideas.
I feel like one of the only ones who liked all 4 generations with barely any complaints.
Pokémon-wise, there are still many things they haven't used, like porcupines, Pegasus, gorillas (monkeys don't count), and many other things I can't think of right now, and they can re-use ideas, like they did with rats and monkeys.
Story-wise, there are many things they can still do too, like the sun and the moon's existence (Lunatone and Solrock can be a part in the storyline), the rest of the planets, the actual creation of people and pokémon, and many other ideas I can't think of.

My guess is that they will re-make the G/S (not Crystal) for the DS with new features, then make a new generation, then maybe something else, then another generation, and then make a game which will contain all of the generations (for a console, not DS), then maybe stop there.
What I hope is that they continue for almost forever.

Isn't Slaking a gorilla? Anyway, I agree with that plan. About six generations with a game that ties them all together on a console.

Slaking=bigger version of pre-evolution=sloth

Transient Link

Quote from: Light on April 16, 2009, 02:28:14 PM
Quote from: MARLUXIA on April 16, 2009, 02:14:36 PM
Quote from: Layton on April 16, 2009, 02:01:56 PM
Quote from: MARLUXIA on April 16, 2009, 01:33:24 PM
Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on April 16, 2009, 12:45:43 PM
It's been around for about 10 years now. And there's already almost 500 Pokemon.
There's going to be a point when Game Freak's ideas for Pokemon begin to suck a lot, or just stop altogether.
When do you think Pokemon games will finally come to an end?
I think 2 or 3 more generations would be the limit. With 500 Pokemon already, it would be hard to think of more. Plus there's always going to have to be new features. Sooner or later they're going to run out of ideas.

Um...Game Freak has already reached that point mate haha, 3rd generation was good, 4th and beyond, epic failure.
You're at a loss. 3rd was a complete failure. The 4th made up for it.

They'll keep pumping out Pokemon for another 15 years. They'll come a bit less at a time, but they'll keep coming.

Yea right!! Hardly any good pokemon in 4th gen!
Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Lucario, Infernape, the three sprites, Garchomp... need I go on?

Anyway, I think Pokemon will continue as long as they have supporters. Hey, if it makes money, why stop it?

So basically more wastefull over powered legendarys, another fighting/fire type. Another overpowered dragon type, etc etc. Ill give you lucario, but thats it.

Also ruby/sapphire had a solid story, you cant say team galatic is even remotely cool! Aqua and Magma were interesting, galatic is basically team rocket but with a different name. Also ruby/sapphire introduced contests, which were pretty freakin cool, ontop of tons of awesome pokemon, sableye, treeko to Sceptile, Mightyena, Gardevoir, Slakoth to Slaking, Hariteyama, Aggron, Sharpedo, Wailord, and Flygon. To only name a few! 3rd gen had amazing pokemon, story, and features, if you wanna whine that it didnt have up to speed features for somethings like pokeblock making and pokemon contests, well it was the first time they made it, you cant say 4th gen contests are amazing compared to 3rd gen because 3rd gen was the first go at it! same with most features that came from 3rd gen to 4th gen!

Doodle

2nd gen > 1st gen > 3rd gen > 4th gen
The only thing I liked about D/P/Pt's new Pokemon were some of the new evos.
A lot Pokemon got epic evos.
Then there was the pointless pre-evos. :-\
YEAH

Neerb

Quote from: MARLUXIA on April 17, 2009, 07:02:43 AM
Quote from: Light on April 16, 2009, 02:28:14 PM
Quote from: MARLUXIA on April 16, 2009, 02:14:36 PM
Quote from: Layton on April 16, 2009, 02:01:56 PM
Quote from: MARLUXIA on April 16, 2009, 01:33:24 PM
Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on April 16, 2009, 12:45:43 PM
It's been around for about 10 years now. And there's already almost 500 Pokemon.
There's going to be a point when Game Freak's ideas for Pokemon begin to suck a lot, or just stop altogether.
When do you think Pokemon games will finally come to an end?
I think 2 or 3 more generations would be the limit. With 500 Pokemon already, it would be hard to think of more. Plus there's always going to have to be new features. Sooner or later they're going to run out of ideas.

Um...Game Freak has already reached that point mate haha, 3rd generation was good, 4th and beyond, epic failure.
You're at a loss. 3rd was a complete failure. The 4th made up for it.

They'll keep pumping out Pokemon for another 15 years. They'll come a bit less at a time, but they'll keep coming.

Yea right!! Hardly any good pokemon in 4th gen!
Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Lucario, Infernape, the three sprites, Garchomp... need I go on?

Anyway, I think Pokemon will continue as long as they have supporters. Hey, if it makes money, why stop it?

So basically more wastefull over powered legendarys, another fighting/fire type. Another overpowered dragon type, etc etc. Ill give you lucario, but thats it.

Also ruby/sapphire had a solid story, you cant say team galatic is even remotely cool! Aqua and Magma were interesting, galatic is basically team rocket but with a different name. Also ruby/sapphire introduced contests, which were pretty freakin cool, ontop of tons of awesome pokemon, sableye, treeko to Sceptile, Mightyena, Gardevoir, Slakoth to Slaking, Hariteyama, Aggron, Sharpedo, Wailord, and Flygon. To only name a few! 3rd gen had amazing pokemon, story, and features, if you wanna whine that it didnt have up to speed features for somethings like pokeblock making and pokemon contests, well it was the first time they made it, you cant say 4th gen contests are amazing compared to 3rd gen because 3rd gen was the first go at it! same with most features that came from 3rd gen to 4th gen!

Galactic=evil team who wants to destroy this universe and rule their own.
Aqua/Magma=eco-teams who want to expand one environment while shrinking another, and actually give up when they find out that they might destroy the world

Yeah, Aqua/Magma are WAY better villains than Galactic.

Also, sure 3rd gen did it FIRST, but if you actually compare the two gens side by side regardless of age, some of those things you said aren't that impressive.  Plus, the only gen that's actually original is 1st gen.  4th "just having more of what 3rd had" is like 3rd just having more of what 2nd had and 2nd just having more of what 1st had.
That's the whole point of a sequel.  Sure, 3rd introduced contests, but then 4th expanded and improved them.

Triforceman22

until they run out of jewlery to use. :P

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

JrDude

Quote from: Vanguard22 on April 17, 2009, 04:15:00 PM
until they run out of jewlery to use. :P
They don't need to use jewelry, they can use colors, and maybe other things too, not sure, basically whatever matches the main legendary.
[move][/move]
Dude .