ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Quick leveling up question (FR)

Started by Dog Food, August 31, 2009, 06:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Growlithe learns Flamethrower at 49.

Arcanine learns Extremespeed at 49.

If I evolve Growlithe at 49, will he still learn both Flamethrower and Extremespeed?
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

jnfs2014

Yeah, I'm 100% sure.

Growlithe leveled up to Lv. 49!

HP: 1
ATK: 2
DEF: 1
SP.ATK: 1
SP.DEF: 2
SPD: 2

Growlithe learned the move Flamethrower!

What? Growlithe's evolving ZOMG!!?....

Growlithe evolved into Arcanine! Arcanine learned the move Extremespeed!

JrDude

You forgot the usage of the Firestone.
[move][/move]
Dude .

jnfs2014

Dog Food

Quote from: JrDude ♫ on August 31, 2009, 12:47:14 PM
You forgot the usage of the Firestone.
That's why I'm not sure if it'll work. But if you say it does, I trust you.

bluaki

As long as Growlithe is still exactly lv49 when it evolves, yes. The game's coding checks the pokemon's level-up moveset both at every level up and just after the evolution sequence (for an example that shows the same idea, imagine a typical Caterpie evolving into Metapod. It learns Harden after evolving assuming that you didn't get Caterpie to level 8 or higher before the end of the battle).

If it grew to lv50 by the time you evolve it, you probably still can teach it Extremespeed by using the move relearner and a mushroom/heartscale after evolving it. And Flamethrower is also an easy to obtain TM in firered if I remember correctly.

Dog Food

Quote from: Bluaki on August 31, 2009, 03:15:10 PM
As long as Growlithe is still exactly lv49 when it evolves, yes. The game's coding checks the pokemon's level-up moveset both at every level up and just after the evolution sequence (for an example that shows the same idea, imagine a typical Caterpie evolving into Metapod. It learns Harden after evolving assuming that you didn't get Caterpie to level 8 or higher before the end of the battle).

If it grew to lv50 by the time you evolve it, you probably still can teach it Extremespeed by using the move relearner and a mushroom/heartscale after evolving it. And Flamethrower is also an easy to obtain TM in firered if I remember correctly.
But I'm a cheapskate. So thanks, I'll evolve him up as soon as he reaches 49.