Started by Drezford_the_Rebell, February 18, 2010, 11:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drezford_the_Rebell

This is Mack's Idea.

I like this idea.

I love this idea.

Let's intercourse ing make this happen.

What we need:

A list of pokemon that Dewgong will do well in.
A moveset for Dewgong to dominate said list of pokemon.
movesets for pokemon so that Dewgong isn't TOO overpowered.

This is great as a community exercise to learn more about competitive battling, the metagame, and how it works. LET'S GET TO WORK.

Macawmoses

I want my credit for this idea first.

Drezford_the_Rebell

Quote from: mackormoses on February 18, 2010, 11:10:07 PM
I want my credit for this idea first.
Prettied it up at the top for you.

Macawmoses

Thanks hon.

First of all, let's choose ability. Thick Fat or Hydration. Hmm. Hyrdation is definitely our best bet :0). We need a rain centric team, and max Defense and HP on Dewgong. In order to get the Hydration boost, we need it to rain: so either dewgong or someone else has to provide. Let's go under the basis it isn't set up. In that regard, we want damp rock to make sure the rain is long (maximizing Hydration). If it is set up for Dewgong, we want...something to help HP or boost attack?

Drezford_the_Rebell

Quote from: mackormoses on February 18, 2010, 11:16:37 PM
Thanks hon.

First of all, let's choose ability. Thick Fat or Hydration. Hmm. Hyrdation is definitely our best bet :0). We need a rain centric team, and max Defense and HP on Dewgong. In order to get the Hydration boost, we need it to rain: so either dewgong or someone else has to provide. Let's go under the basis it isn't set up. In that regard, we want damp rock to make sure the rain is long (maximizing Hydration). If it is set up for Dewgong, we want...something to help HP or boost attack?

Rest and Hydration is probably one of the better sets to use, meaning all the pokemon that create weather effects OTHER than rain should be taken out. We should also take out OU and up from the start to have a starting ground. Just for now though, we may find some OUers suitable in this metagame.

So no:

OU pokemon
Ubers
Golduck
Abomasnow

For now.

Macawmoses

I imagine we'd want to draw electric from Dewgong. And considering we want to still manage boosts from the rain, does Lanturn seem like a good choice with Volt Absorb?

Drezford_the_Rebell

Quote from: mackormoses on February 19, 2010, 09:34:29 PM
I imagine we'd want to draw electric from Dewgong. And considering we want to still manage boosts from the rain, does Lanturn seem like a good choice with Volt Absorb?

Lanturn would seem a little broken in that it would be used over dewgong. We could always use the Rock/Ground pokemon in this endeavor. I'd like an excuse to use golem.

Drezford_the_Rebell

Quote from: Wedge on February 19, 2010, 09:54:25 PM
this idea sucks HURR
NUH-UH ur just jealous cuz you didn't come up with the idea.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Drezford_the_Rebell on February 19, 2010, 09:51:19 PM
Lanturn would seem a little broken in that it would be used over dewgong. We could always use the Rock/Ground pokemon in this endeavor. I'd like an excuse to use golem.
True enough. So we want Dewgong to be our premier water Pokemon in this. Would Ludicolo make sense with Swift Swim and RD support?