News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Hot Skitty on Wailord action (Breeding topic)

Started by Thirdkoopa, March 23, 2010, 05:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on March 24, 2010, 02:54:33 PM
On what reasoning?
Rhydon has Lightning Rod. It makes electric attacks go to it and nullify them. In the anime, since abilities weren't introduced in that episode yet, it ended up hurting Rhydon. Now, would it work again now that abilities are introduced? It could, but that says there are differences, and the anime often ignores important notes that the games establish.

Zero

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 24, 2010, 03:09:48 PM
Rhydon has Lightning Rod. It makes electric attacks go to it and nullify them. In the anime, since abilities weren't introduced in that episode yet, it ended up hurting Rhydon. Now, would it work again now that abilities are introduced? It could, but that says there are differences, and the anime often ignores important notes that the games establish.

lol for one, not all Rhydon have lightning rod

Obviously you didn't understand what I meant earlier by something called balance. Game dynamics don't apply to the anime, but when it comes to whether or not Legendaries can reproduce, I'd say we can let it slide considering it wouldn't make sense if they couldn't. If you want to get realistic though, that lightning rod ability wouldn't do poop IRL, a real life Rhydon would still get intercourse ed by electricity. You act as though it'd make sense for a video game's mechanics to function outside of a video game, which isn't the case.

Pokemon like Dialga and Palkia I can understand not being able to reproduce, as they were created by Arceus solely to maintain Time and Space. With pokemon like the legendary birds and beasts however, it makes sense if there would be more than one considering multiple legendaries appear in different regions. Ex>The Beasts didn't just appear in Johto and Kanto, but Orre and the Pokemon Ranger Regions.

This argument is stupid.

The Riddler

ITT: We go off topic arguing how Pokemon would apply to real life.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

The argument of "Don't listen to the anime" is that the anime's mechanics don't apply to the game.
A Lugia can't breed in game: They can't breed by the games continuity.

Simple as that.
Don't argue between game and anime, and don't apply one media to the other.

ANYWAY:

Ditto never finds his place on my team, instead he breeds with everything. I'm sure he gets tired after all that intercourse ing.

JrDude

Ditto is a whore, the daycare lady is the pimp, and the daycare lady's husband is the one who gives the hooker's baby away to a stranger.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on March 24, 2010, 03:27:42 PM
Ditto is a whore, the daycare lady is the pimp, and the daycare lady's husband is the one who gives the hooker's baby away to a stranger.
Actually, Ditto could be bisexual, gay, and a whore at the same time... :O

Zero

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on March 24, 2010, 03:22:03 PM

Don't argue between game and anime, and don't apply one media to the other.

Which is what I've been saying the whole intercourse ing time. I'm just lenient in that I understand WHY they're genderless in the game: if they weren't we'd mass produce them. That simple.

JrDude

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on March 24, 2010, 03:34:21 PM
Actually, Ditto could be bisexual, gay, and a whore at the same time... :O
I failed to see your point since a whore can be interested in any sex while still being a whore.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Lotos

Quote from: So_So_Man on March 23, 2010, 01:12:01 PM
diglett and wailord. 

I started cracking up once I thought about it.

Quote from: Cornwad on March 23, 2010, 06:07:45 PM
Two Jynxs or Mr. Mimes would be awkward.

Jynx can only be female if I recall correctly.  But yes, two Mr. Mimes.  Someone didn't think that one through when programming ever since G/S/C.