News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

If you could be a human in the Pokemon World...

Started by The Riddler, March 27, 2010, 12:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on April 15, 2010, 07:16:47 PM
The anime broke that rule, though.
About four moves? I don't believe so.
Whenever they introduce a new move, they stop using old moves.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 15, 2010, 07:18:09 PM
Spencer did.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 15, 2010, 07:29:07 PM
What?
Spencer from the Battle Frontier had an Arcanine that used 5 moves against Ash's Pokemon.

Zero

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 15, 2010, 07:18:09 PM

No

Ash's Pikachu frequently uses:

Thunder
Thunderbolt
Thundershock
Quick Attack
Iron Tail
Volt Tackle
Agility

and I remember his Pidgeotto knowing and using frequently:

Gust
Whirlwind
Quick Attack
Agility
Wing Attack

The anime constantly breaks that rule, as those two pokemon weren't the only ones to do it.

The Riddler

According to Bulbapedia, Frontier Spenser only uses an Arcanine in the games. Frontier guy Tucker has an Arcanine in the anime, but it only has four moves.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 15, 2010, 08:00:21 PM
According to Bulbapedia, Frontier Spenser only uses an Arcanine in the games. Frontier guy Tucker has an Arcanine in the anime, but it only has four moves.
Oops, it was Tucker, sorry.

JrDude

Quote from: Zero on April 15, 2010, 07:57:02 PM
No

Ash's Pikachu frequently uses:

Thunder
Thunderbolt
Thundershock
Quick Attack
Iron Tail
Volt Tackle
Agility

and I remember his Pidgeotto knowing and using frequently:

Gust
Whirlwind
Quick Attack
Agility
Wing Attack

The anime constantly breaks that rule, as those two pokemon weren't the only ones to do it.
Pikachu also used Rocket Punch in one episode, not even sure if Pikachu can even learn that in the games. But he wore boxing gloves to do it, I think they were training for some battles done in a wrestling ring hosted by Jesse & James.
Some of those facts may not be true due to the fact that I feel like I'm mixing a few episodes together.

But yeah, they break the 4 move rule all the time.

And I don't know where you got abilities mixed up, but yeah those are in it.

Another thing the anime doesn't do is the electric vs ground, it hurts them still, I didn't know this until recently shown in some thread, and I'm sure it messes up some other weaknesses too.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Quote from: Jeff Probst on April 15, 2010, 08:00:21 PM

...and his Swampert had five moves.

@JrDude: Yes I pointed out the electric-ground thing about a month ago. Electricity still hurts pokemon in the anime most of the time. Examples are when Pikachu beats Onix and when he beats Blaine's Rhydon.

bluaki

On the original topic: I would probably be something like a researcher/professor/scientist. Managing, collecting, examining, and documenting pokemon, but without going out all that much. And using their powers for alternate purposes.

Regarding some recent posts:
The anime sometimes declares a shared mechanic with the games, then breaks that rule in other episodes. Like with the Electric-Ground issue, it's noted at least once early on (in the first season's pokemon academy) and probably numerous times later that electricity cannot damage Ground-types but Pikachu is often shown beating Ground-types with Electric attacks. I would personally consider that, and the four moves issue, simple oversights on the part of the people making the anime.

Regarding EVs/IVs, the primary purpose of them is probably to make real training better than gained experience through other means and to make each pokemon have unique stats, respectively. Both of those aspects are demonstrated on the anime in some way, but the specific mechanics regarding the numbers and such cannot really be adapted to a different media.

Essentially no breeding mechanics are actually shown in the anime, beyond the basic fact that low-level first-evolutionary-form Pokemon can hatch from eggs in a trainer's possession and at a higher starting friendship level with the trainer than a wild-caught Pokemon. Move inheritance, stat inheritance, and even valid parent pairings aren't shown as far as I know.

JrDude

I feel like assuming Pikachu can hurt ground types because he was super charged in an episode where Ash considers using a Thunder Stone on Pikachu since he can't beat the Gym Leader's Raichu.
[move][/move]
Dude .

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on April 17, 2010, 02:08:08 AM
I feel like assuming Pikachu can hurt ground types because he was super charged in an episode where Ash considers using a Thunder Stone on Pikachu since he can't beat the Gym Leader's Raichu.
You mean when he was first defeated by Brock.

So_So_Man

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on April 17, 2010, 11:24:04 AM
You mean when he was first defeated by Brock.
You mean in the second episode with the pikachu generator.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: So_So_Man on April 17, 2010, 11:34:09 AM
You mean in the second episode with the pikachu generator.
Wait, wouldn't that mean Pikachu was constantly recharged?

えっちーせんぱい