News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

If you could be a human in the Pokemon World...

Started by The Riddler, March 27, 2010, 12:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RX-78-2

Quote from: えっちーせんぱい on April 17, 2010, 04:17:58 PM
Um, no.
Thanks. Sorry I had to ask.

Quote from: Lance on April 15, 2010, 07:18:09 PM
About four moves? I don't believe so.
Whenever they introduce a new move, they stop using old moves.
This is correct and how it's supposed to be in the show. But obviously, this is not always the case.
Quote from: Warriors of Light on April 15, 2010, 07:16:47 PM
The anime broke that rule, though.
Yes, but they weren't supposed to. The official Pokémon website said that it was a mistake if there's any instance of a 5 rule moveset.
Quote from: Zero on April 15, 2010, 07:57:02 PM
No

Ash's Pikachu frequently uses:

Thunder
Thunderbolt
Thundershock
Quick Attack
Iron Tail
Volt Tackle
Agility

and I remember his Pidgeotto knowing and using frequently:

Gust
Whirlwind
Quick Attack
Agility
Wing Attack

The anime constantly breaks that rule, as those two pokemon weren't the only ones to do it.

I don't think they constantly break it, as I always count four moves in each episode that I even bothered to. The only instance I can remember counting 5 moves is with Lt. Surge's Raichu.
Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on April 15, 2010, 09:17:24 PM
Pikachu also used Rocket Punch in one episode, not even sure if Pikachu can even learn that in the games. But he wore boxing gloves to do it, I think they were training for some battles done in a wrestling ring hosted by Jesse & James.
Some of those facts may not be true due to the fact that I feel like I'm mixing a few episodes together.

But yeah, they break the 4 move rule all the time.

And I don't know where you got abilities mixed up, but yeah those are in it.

Another thing the anime doesn't do is the electric vs ground, it hurts them still, I didn't know this until recently shown in some thread, and I'm sure it messes up some other weaknesses too.
Again they don't break the 4 move rule all the time. If they did, then the majority of movesets in the show would have to break the rule--but they don't.

And, in case you didn't know, "Rocket Punch" is not a real move. It was made up solely for that episode. The Electric versus Ground-Type rule is broken enough to be noticed though. But since Generation IV in the show, I think they got much better about it.
Quote from: Zero on April 16, 2010, 03:15:54 AM
...and his Swampert had five moves.

@JrDude: Yes I pointed out the electric-ground thing about a month ago. Electricity still hurts pokemon in the anime most of the time. Examples are when Pikachu beats Onix and when he beats Blaine's Rhydon.
I don't know about Blaine's Rhydon, but Ash's Pikachu technically didn't use an Electric move to defeat Brock's Onix. It used the Electric-Type move to set off the sprinklers in the Gym, which got Onix wet and thereafter  defeated it.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Zero

lol just browse on bulbapedia. Most of the pokemon Ash has, has more than 4 moves and if you watch the show, they use them all.

Why you guys think a game mechanic is law in an anime is beyond me. The limitation is in the game for balance, and think about it, if the real world had pokemon, why would they all only be able to remember 4 moves? It wouldn't make any intercourse ing sense and if the anime didn't have the pokemon use multiple moves it'd be stale.

Magnum

Breeder.

Maybe a trainer on the side, but most likely not.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

JrDude

Oh, and even though it wasn't mentioned, I believe some of you would believe it since you believe in the 4 move limits if this were reality, but there would be no level up system either, so how exactly would they evolve?
[move][/move]
Dude .

Allegretto

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on April 17, 2010, 09:08:28 PM
Oh, and even though it wasn't mentioned, I believe some of you would believe it since you believe in the 4 move limits if this were reality, but there would be no level up system either, so how exactly would they evolve?
It would evolve based on happiness with the trainer, or based off of age.

If you take like 30 seconds to think about that question i'm sure you could come up with 30 different answers : D

PsychoYoshi

Probably a very eccentric Gym Leader who would piss off the Pokemon League by making the theme of his Gym balance instead of an easily-exploited single element and turning his Pokemon into erudites by having them read and write critical essays on various classical historical works.

Oh, yes. The Gym would also be pink, frilly, and covered with yaoi.

bluaki

Quote from: Dark Link on April 18, 2010, 07:19:43 PM
Probably a very eccentric Gym Leader who would piss off the Pokemon League by making the theme of his Gym balance instead of an easily-exploited single element
Blue already did that.

Mikoyan

I'd probably be a Pokemon biologist. How badass would that be? You get to figure out how the bastards work, and you really have fun when they drag in a legendary.

JrDude

In reality, I doubt anybody would be able to catch a legendary, and since they're legendary it would probably be illegal to catch them anyway since there's barely any of them on Earth, making them an endangered species. Also Master Balls would probably not exist yet and would be worked on every day maybe.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

I'd likely be a baddie. The thought of using Pokemon for my bidding is, well, exactly what I'd do. And chances are, I wouldn't be nice.

Irene Adler

Quote from: Sherlock on April 19, 2010, 12:41:33 AM
I'd likely be a baddie. The thought of using Pokemon for my bidding is, well, exactly what I'd do. And chances are, I wouldn't be nice.
This, prettymuch. :v
Wee I can fly around on an Aerodactyl destroying cities. ^.^

Aka Princess_Peach_and_Vivian/Florina/Pavie

Zero

Quote from: JrDude ჱܓ on April 18, 2010, 11:42:48 PM
In reality, I doubt anybody would be able to catch a legendary, and since they're legendary it would probably be illegal to catch them anyway since there's barely any of them on Earth, making them an endangered species. Also Master Balls would probably not exist yet and would be worked on every day maybe.

Some guy from the Battle Frontier had an Articuno. lol

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: bluaki on April 18, 2010, 07:55:39 PM
Blue already did that.

Blue was a former Champ who got demoted; I'd be too lazy to even go for Champ in the first place. Also, I'm pretty sure Blue doesn't have a history obsession or a taste for yaoi. Not that there's anything wrong with either of those things.

Dog Food

I'd live in Kanto. I'd start with a Growlithe (and later get a Squirtle from the Prof). Then I'd travel, catch the Pokemon I liked (not going to bother catching them all, hell no) and just enjoy life on the open road. That's my dream in real life, so I'd basically be doing the same thing, just with Pokemon. I'd battle for money, but also get my Pokemon some experience and street cred by stealing from various towns and places. I'd battle the Gyms for the shiny badges to show off, but probably wouldn't enter any tournaments.

It's possible that I would leave Kanto. But I doubt I'd want to leave my region at all. If I did, it'd be for the exploration. I wouldn't bother myself with catching more Pokemon - might battle some of the Gym leaders for something to do.

In the end, I'd probably have a team like (in order obtained): Arcanine, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Raichu, Alakazam, and Gengar.

Open roads, starry nights, the wind carries the scent of adventure... That's the life.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

The Riddler

I'll elaborate on my original post now.

I'd be a trainer and a breeder, but I'm not out to get them all. I'll only collect those I like and occasionally a few that I know are strong. Breed them, trade them out to those who want them.

If I had to choose a starter, it's be Squirtle and he'd be with me until I die as Squirtle or Wartortle. I don't need Blastoise.
I'd definitely find a Farfetch'd and train it so that (and this is not going by the games standards), it'd be intercourse ing strong.

I'd travel from time to time, but since I'm a breeder I can't go too far. Maybe leave it with my loved one when I wanna explore.

I'd ignore Team Rocket unless they came at me, in which case I'd just intercourse  poop up.
I'd accept any challenge from any trainer. I'd only go to gyms if I was bored.