News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Babies.

Started by The Riddler, April 23, 2010, 02:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

Pichu, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Wynaut, Budew, Chingling, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Happiny, Munchlax, Riolu, Mantyke.

Baby Pokemon.

Don't you just love'em?

What other pokemon could you see babies for? :3

Edit: Sunkern isn't a baby?
[spoiler=BUT IT LOOKS LIKE ONE][/spoiler]

Missingno6

Electrode as a battery?
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

Friendly Hostile

Outside of Togepi (and only the one I got in SS)  I have found every single baby Pokemon to be absolutely useless until you evolve it.  I honestly hate how almost every gosh darn one requires it to love you to evolve.

The Riddler

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 23, 2010, 03:36:43 PM
Outside of Togepi (and only the one I got in SS)  I have found every single baby Pokemon to be absolutely useless until you evolve it.  I honestly hate how almost every gosh darn one requires it to love you to evolve.
How is Togepi useful before you evolve it?

Rayquarian

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 23, 2010, 03:36:43 PM
Well, they're babies.  Most babies are useless unless they are properly cared for.

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Lance on April 23, 2010, 03:42:42 PM
How is Togepi useful before you evolve it?
Because it knows Extrasensory.  Unlike every other baby pokemon, it actually has an attack that's useful in battle that you don't have to specially breed for.  And Togepi learns all the same moves as Togetic minus Wing Attack.  Most of the baby pokemon don't learn anything past level 20 in most cases.

Quote from: Ludwig von Koopa on April 24, 2010, 08:42:52 AM
Well, they're babies.  Most babies are useless unless they are properly cared for.
If I wanted to baby sit, I wouldn't be playing Pokemon.

DededeCloneChris

At least there's the lvl. 5 cup in Pokemon Battle Revolution.

So_So_Man

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on April 24, 2010, 12:06:34 PM
At least there's the lvl. 5 cup in Pokemon Battle Revolution.
is horsea UBER?

Rayquarian

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on April 24, 2010, 12:04:16 PM
Because it knows Extrasensory.  Unlike every other baby pokemon, it actually has an attack that's useful in battle that you don't have to specially breed for.  And Togepi learns all the same moves as Togetic minus Wing Attack.  Most of the baby pokemon don't learn anything past level 20 in most cases.
If I wanted to baby sit, I wouldn't be playing Pokemon.
Technically, if we define baby pokémon as pre-evolutions  of pokémon existing in a previous generation, then Togepi isn't a true baby pokémon.

JrDude

I kinda consider it a baby Pokémon since 90% of the time you had to get it from an egg.
[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

Quote from: Ludwig von Koopa on April 24, 2010, 02:27:53 PM
Technically, if we define baby pokémon as pre-evolutions  of pokémon existing in a previous generation, then Togepi isn't a true baby pokémon.
Togepi shares traits with the other babies:
Can't breed unless it evolves.
Belongs to "No Eggs" group.

Kayo

Wynaut is useful-ish since you need it for an Uber-Encore-Wobuffet, plus it evolves at level 15.

Elekid, Magby, Smoochum all evolve at the outrageously-high-for-a-pokemon-this-weak level 30. And it would probably be easier to max out friendship before then. (I've gotten a level 7 Espeon)

But yeah. Pikachus are hard to breed because you need friendship, and then Budew. Oh god Budew... it's impossible to use one in D/P since you have a low chance of ever evolving it into a still-pathetic Roselia. Basically, Friendship evolutions are fine-ish for Crobat, etc. but when even after friendship you still get a weak pokemon like Jigglypuff, forget it.

I define a baby pokemon as a pre-evo introduced in a generation later than its original, and usually requires the use of an incense to breed one. Exceptions are baby pokemon introduced in the 2nd gen, which you get through breeding no matter what. Like I said before, makes it annoying if you wanna breed Pikachu, etc.

By that logic, baby pokemon are:

Pichu
Igglybuff
Cleffa
Elekid
Magby
Smoochum
Azurill
Wynaut
Mime Jr.
Bonsly
Budew
Munchlax

I would also consider Togepi a baby. Even though it was introduced in the same gen as its evolution Togetic and you can't catch Togetic in the wild, you always get it in an egg. People give you an egg that "hatches into a baby pokemon" and it could be Togepi. Plus, I consider Togetic as powerful as Jigglypuff or Marill.

Um, yeah. That's all I have to say for now.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cornwad

I don't like them. Well, more like I don't like the babies introduced in the second gen. Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby make it annoying to breed a good competitive Jynx, Magmar, or Electabuzz.

Allegretto

Quote from: Missingno6 on April 23, 2010, 03:32:34 PM
Electrode as a battery?
This post has made you my new favorite person.

Missingno6

Quote from: Lelouch on May 04, 2010, 12:06:15 PM
This post has made you my new favorite person.
Thanks.
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498