News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

New starters for B/W

Started by Cornwad, May 08, 2010, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Level_9_Chao

They look like they'll suffer from Game Freak's tendencies to add random spots and crap to their designs and make them overly detailed.

Middle one looks like a mutated Spoink.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Zero

Game Freak

You disappoint me yet again.

X-3

The shadows look a bit iffy, but I've actually always been iffy about Poke designs. Probably since Gen1.

Honestly, it's always taken me some time to get used to a Pokemon and recognize it as a starter, if that makes any sense.

Turok

Where does it say those are starters? From what I've found out by looking around, it's just three silhouettes, which doesn't automatically mean starters.

Because having more types besides the fire/grass/water makes it slightly easier to guess them, without having to shoehorn them into those types. I wish you actually had to catch your first pokemon on your own. :( but w/e

I still say those aren't the starters.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

So_So_Man

Quote from: TUROK on May 10, 2010, 07:34:08 PM
Where does it say those are starters? From what I've found out by looking around, it's just three silhouettes, which doesn't automatically mean starters.

Because having more types besides the fire/grass/water makes it slightly easier to guess them, without having to shoehorn them into those types. I wish you actually had to catch your first pokemon on your own. :( but w/e

I still say those aren't the starters.
its in this url http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black,_White_Starter_Pok%C3%A9mon_silhouettes_unveiled_on_Pok%C3%A9mon_Sunday

Turok

So? In the actual reveal, they never mentioned that these were the starters. Even in the Bulbapedia article, it doesn't mention starters. Only th URL. I call bollocks.

So far, it just seems like a way to get more hits.

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

Level_9_Chao

Quote from: TUROK on May 10, 2010, 07:50:24 PM
So? In the actual reveal, they never mentioned that these were the starters. Even in the Bulbapedia article, it doesn't mention starters. Only th URL. I call bollocks.

Eh. I figure if Serebii confirms it, it's pretty much a sure thing. Besides, all we've gotten so far is 5 seconds of a town and 2 moderately crappy fox things.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

DededeCloneChris

Tell me a good reason why they'd put random Pokemon instead of starters, then. They're always three starters, and there are three silhouttes.

So_So_Man

Its also in the title of the post-thingy.

EDIT: Also, heres a vid. of the reveal if anyone understands enough Japanese to determine if they confirm it or not

bluaki

Quote from: Mikoyan on May 08, 2010, 10:43:37 PM
I think I died a little on the inside ;_;

Edit: Wait there's still hope even if they look nothing like the screenshots.

Am I the only one who thinks those things are ugly and would be one of the worst pokemon designs ever if it wasn't fake?

Turok

Quote from: bluaki on May 10, 2010, 10:52:08 PM
Am I the only one who thinks those things are ugly and would be one of the worst pokemon designs ever if it wasn't fake?
Nope.

Most of the reason that I don't think these are the starters? Because if they aren't, I can ignore them :3

[spoiler]

PC GAMERS

[/spoiler]

Someguy13

Well I like them. I think they at least have potential to be better than the Gen 3 starters.

Zero

If you people seriously think these pokemon aren't starters, you're intercourse ing retarded.

bluaki

The chubby one isn't necessarily the water-type. The slender bipedal one's tail could easily be a fin instead of a leaf. At least, it doesn't look like a fire tail, because the spikes are way too sharp for a flame, not to mention it'd look just a bit too much like a Charmander clone.

Four-legged one looks most grass-like to me because of the leaf-like bunny ears. And grass ones tend to stand on all fours. I could see it being any of the three types, though.

We'll probably see their true colors around Thursday. I doubt even now that they'll change up the Grass/Fire/Water trio to anything else. Would be funny/interesting/different if these turn out to be something like Grass/Ground/Poison.