News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

New starters for B/W

Started by Cornwad, May 08, 2010, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

http://kotaku.com/5536975/here-are-some-new-pokemon

I have to admit, they aren't as bad as I thought they were going to be.

X-3

Yeah, they're not bad. Here's hoping the fire starter's tail turns into a mini-volcano or something.

It's fun to note how excited the fire starter looks, and how indifferent the other starters seem.

DededeCloneChris

Is the Fire type a pig? We haven't had a pig Pokemon before.

Nayrman

They look...meh. The grass looks like a more leaf based Treecko, and I have no idea what the water type is supposed to be.
A Fire Type pig? Well, that's interesting at least.

Thirdkoopa

I always had the thought of starters making it obvious straight off the bat who you pick thus being why the designs are always so varied.

That being said the fire pig looks intercourse ing awesome. The Grass...What is that? It's still pretty neat. I still like the one in my avatar more. The otter seemed to have the most potential and kinda blew it. Still good but it's intercourse ing face. It mainly looks so retarded too...It really needs a new pose.

I actually think this is one of the better starter sets from the bat. It for sure comes across as more appealing then last gen's starters. Come to think of it, I never really found a starter set fully appealing except maybe 2nd gen, so I think this is potentially my favorite starter set. Can't determine quite yet.

edit: Also the otter's colors are awkwardly picked. They just don't click.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Gwen Khan

why do you think Kanto/Johto and Sinnoh are in the upper left?

DededeCloneChris

Kayo

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on May 12, 2010, 06:03:48 AM
Is the Fire type a pig? We haven't had a pig Pokemon before.
Grumpig says hi.

The grass one actually looks pretty cool. I wanna see what it's final evolution will look like, hopefully it won't be too intercourse ed up. D:
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

After a little bit of time and thought, FirePig and the grass type have started to grow on me, but the water type still looks ridiculously stupid.

And am I the only one to notice the new trainer designs? I really like them. They look a bit older and more capable than the 10 year olds we've been getting lately.

SkyMyl

The fire pig is retarded. I consider the Grass type and the Sea Otter as reminiscent of the 3rd/4th and 1st generation, respectively. Also, I hate walking into these kind of threads when it comes to Pokemon.
Quote from: Nayrman on May 12, 2010, 08:48:44 AM
And am I the only one to notice the new trainer designs? I really like them. They look a bit older and more capable than the 10 year olds we've been getting lately.
Personally, I'm glad the male trainer doesn't look like such a dork this time around.

Cornwad

I like the grass, the fire is the first one I've liked more than the other two, and the final form of the otter should be instersing. What types do you think these will be? I can see the fire one being fire/ground, but there's no way to tell.

The Riddler

Quote from: Cornwad on May 08, 2010, 08:26:20 PM
Also this

This was definitely pretty accurate.

I think they look retarded.

Missingno6

The water one looks like Piplup.
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

Fifi

Yup, I'll be naming the water one "Baby Butter". They are rather cute though, and I like the girl trainer's hair.

Cornwad

Yeah, the otter is definitely Piplup 2.0 and the grass one looks like what I assume Treecko would look like without the 3rd gen art style.

And I don't know why, but I just got more respect for Turtwig.