<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

New starters for B/W

Started by Cornwad, May 08, 2010, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikoyan

Quote from: Gwen Khan on May 12, 2010, 07:05:11 AM
*snip*

why do you think Kanto/Johto and Sinnoh are in the upper left?
I'm pretty sure it's talking about the generation shift; there's also Gold/Lyra and Diamond/Platinum in the bottom left pointing towards the new character pairings

At least the characters for B/W are decent looking; the guy could actually be put into rl and not look out of place. That's some crazy hair on the girl, though.

Cornwad

From what I've heard, that thing in the top left says that the new region is really far away from the others, so it might not be based on Japan or something.

So_So_Man

If it wasn't for the battle thing right above it, I would have assumed the new types were grass ground and ice.

EDIT: After double checking a type chart, that would be ridiculously unbalanced.

Level_9_Chao

The pig one is pretty retarded.

The grass one is really retarded.

I will not even obtain the water one.
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Thirdkoopa

Am I the only one who thinks the Sea Otter looks kind of like a snow cone?
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Cornwad

Neerb

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on May 12, 2010, 01:26:21 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the Sea Otter looks kind of like a snow cone?

Those were my EXACT WORDS when I first saw them earlier today.  :D

I didn't like them at first, but as I've looked more at them, I'm starting to like them. In fact, overall, I have a feeling they might end up being my 3rd favorite group of starters (as in, 1st>2nd>5th>4th>3rd). I'll have to wait until I see their 2nd and 3rd forms before I decide which one I really want... the grass one looks pretty cool, the water one is kinda cute, and while the pig looks a bit awkward, I have a feeling he's gonna turn into some awesome Ganon-like flaming boar monster.

Now to make up some English names...

Nayrman

Quote from: SmashBro25 on May 12, 2010, 03:40:36 PM
Those were my EXACT WORDS when I first saw them earlier today.  :D

I didn't like them at first, but as I've looked more at them, I'm starting to like them. In fact, overall, I have a feeling they might end up being my 3rd favorite group of starters (as in, 1st>2nd>5th>4th>3rd). I'll have to wait until I see their 2nd and 3rd forms before I decide which one I really want... the grass one looks pretty cool, the water one is kinda cute, and while the pig looks a bit awkward, I have a feeling he's gonna turn into some awesome Ganon-like flaming boar monster.

Now to make up some English names...

I always go with the fire type, but I'll find someone with the import Japanese version, and ask them to breed the other two for me and mooch of him. It's what I always do :P

JrDude

Seems the Water one will become some snowman mixed with some sea creature (White face, orange nose, black beaty eyes, yells snowman to me), but that might just be me.
Fire guy should become some epic looking fire beast ganon.
Grass guy is interesting, dunno what to comment on though.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

I don't know if anyone's checked Serebii, but apparently each pokemon already has an official description or whatever it's called: Tsutaja is the Grass Snake Pokemon (not sure why it has arms and legs, though), Pokabu is the Fire Pig Pokemon (in case that wasn't obvious), and Mijumaru is the Sea Otter Pokemon (no snowman reference, but don't give up hope yet...).

Oh, and I came up with some cheesy American names for each starter and their alternate forms, just for fun:
Grass Starter: Slitheaf-Vinper-Serplant
Fire Starter: Pyrglet-Embine-Flamboar
Water Starter: Seatter-Muskrain-Ottean

DededeCloneChris

Er, I think I'd like to leave the names' part to the producers...

So_So_Man

Time to start guessing end types!
I think it will be:
fire/ground
grass/poison
water/ice

JrDude

Grass/ELECTRIC
Fire/Fire
Water/Ice
[move][/move]
Dude .

Cornwad

I like Serplant, that's just punny enough to work.

Grass/Psychic
Fire/Ground
Water/Ice

Of course, I don't think anyone expected Turtwig to end up ground or Piplup to be steel. The otter will probably be dark and the grass will be a dragon for all I know.

X-3

It's hard to guess what the final evo types will be just looking off these starters. Past starters have sometimes gone in different type directions than I'd think they would at first glance. (ie: Torchic, Piplup, Charmander, not Mudkip, maybe Turtwig and Chimchar)

Guessing is fun though, so...grass/poison, fire/dark and water/ice or fighting.