News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Gen 3 (R/S/E) complaint/bashing thread

Started by Lotos, May 24, 2010, 01:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

I didn't mind generation 3 all that much.  I thought it was pretty fun, IMO.

For one, what probably made me like it a lot was the ease of figuring out who to rematch with.  It was easier than keeping track of who called, and it was 5,000x better than that stupid vs. seeker (OH LOOK I CAN ONLY LOOK IN MY VIEWING AREA AND I HAVE TO RECHARGE IT OOOH!).

Yeah, some of the poke'mon were a little unoriginal, yet some were creative, yes.  a mixed bag, so to say.

As for rival teams...that was pretty cool.  Gave a bit of a difference to the other game that didn't involve JUST a different primary legendary.

As for too many and too complicated ways of getting legendaries...i didn't mind it too much, but yeah, it could get rather annoying to say the least.

I thought there were some original places, like Pacifidlog, and fortree.  Don't forget, differences in bases between Ruby/Sapphire.

All in all, it was a fun game, and yes, it probably could have been better, but it was still amazing.
meh

So_So_Man

Quote from: Alisaihin on May 30, 2010, 09:11:26 AM
it was 5,000x better than that stupid vs. seeker (OH LOOK I CAN ONLY LOOK IN MY VIEWING AREA AND I HAVE TO RECHARGE IT OOOH!).

But that took too darn long for them to be ready to fight again

Kayo

Quote from: Rush on May 30, 2010, 09:39:19 AM
But that took too darn long for them to be ready to fight again
I sort of liked the VS Seeker, because of those times I wanted to battle a lot. Otherwise, waiting around for people was blehhh... though, I liked how in Emerald there were Gym Leader rematches.. they were always fun. Though Gen 3 wasn't the only gen with those...

Despite my liking of the VS seeker, the Match Call was still a cool system. If only people would battle more often.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Night the Lucario

Third gen... the majour problem I have with it is that it's incredibly easy. Plus, I'll admit, I was hoping for another Uber Boss trainer you had to go kill. Because fighting Red was fun, lots of it.

The game has my favorite starter (Treeko FTW!), although I was disappointed when Team Rocket didn't make an appearance. Team Rocket is the incompetent one, the only incompetent one. Although I understand why, considering the timelines all of this takes place in.

About the plot... the way the first two games were set up, crushing Team Rocket wasn't intentional. You were just at the right place at the right time, that's all. That, and they tried to prevent you from achieving your goal, so you had to wipe the floor with them, but the games makes it seem like you're not the only person who could do it. You're just the one there. Third gen, fourth gen... now we're all 'Chosen Ones' who must do this, that, and the other thing to save the world.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

ThePowerOfOne

I thought 3rd gen was awesome.

Here's how it goes for me: II>III>I>IV

Thirdkoopa

wtf guys gen 3 was saved just by the fact it has wingull.

you guys suck. :l
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"