News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Pokepark

Started by Macawmoses, June 15, 2010, 11:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

I see no discussion on it yet, and seeing as I have E3 press access, I saw it as a topic worth discussing. I have to say the content looks great - Pika battling Feraligatr looks badass, as does Pika riding on a Lapras. I'm actually getting pumped for this, because for once, we're seeing models that don't suck. thoughts on it?

Lotos

Decent graphics.  Is it an adventure game?

Neerb

Sort of. Basically you play as Pikachu exploring the island, participating in different mini-games, trivia, and occasionally even flat-out battles against other Pokemon. As you go through the game, you will gain more moves for fighting (eventually having Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Iron Tail, and I think Volt Tackle, just like Ash's Pikachu), as well as gaining more Pokemon to play as in the various minigames (I'm pretty sure it has multiplayer mode).

Serebii has all the info:
http://www.serebii.net/pokepark/

jnfs2014

I've been following this and B/W for awhile now, and I have to say, this definitely looks pretty good. From the pictures I've seen, Nintendo has gone a step above Pokemon Rumble in terms of non-turnbased RPGs in the battles. The minigames and quests look okay too, but there has to be some essence added to the game in order for it to be worth the $50 that the price tag will show when it's released. It doesn't have to be big, just a little incentive to buy the game. Something that will push a "maybe I'll buy it" gamer to a "wow this looks good I'm getting this on release day".

Tupin

Well, it's a Pokemon spinoff that doesn't involve turn based battles, so I guess I'll check it out.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

The Riddler

This would be sick if you could be Pokemon other than Pikachu, but for now I'll give it 7/10. Does look decent, though.

Macawmoses

Quote from: Riddler on July 03, 2010, 01:30:49 PM
This would be sick if you could be Pokemon other than Pikachu, but for now I'll give it 7/10. Does look decent, though.
I'm not entirely sure if it's completely Pika only. I think when you get other Pokemon you might be able to utilize them.

Neerb

You can be a LOT of other Pokemon, but you have to unlock them, and only use certain ones for certain mini-games. You can only use Pikachu in the island over-world, and you can only use him to fight Pokemon.