News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 announced for DS!

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, February 25, 2012, 05:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zephilicious

hackers already took care of that for you
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on June 25, 2012, 07:40:24 PM
hackers already took care of that for you
really not prevalent enough to make a difference. I can still hold my five self-obtained shinies like trophies, with the stories behind them and whatnot.

Now that you can increase the probability eightfold it really isn't a big deal. I hate it.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on June 25, 2012, 07:23:46 PM
Shinies are WAY too much easier to get now, and I really, REALLY hate it. They're losing their value.

It really isn't that big of a deal.

If anything, more kids can get shinies.

Neerb

Finding shinies legit is nice (I'm proud of my one and only shiny, Wingull, even if it is a Pokemon I don't care for), but for me it's mostly about the colors; Shiny Haxorus looks freaking awesome (my favorite this gen along with shiny Victini and Chandelure), and if they're handing them out for free, I'll be first in line so I can slap him on to my team.

Besides, it's really just about the personal success; if they started handing out green Wingulls over wi-fi, I wouldn't feel any worse about my legit wild one, because I know I found it by myself.

zephilicious

default haxorus has such a terrible palette, shiny is pretty much necessary
~~ <3

The Riddler

The Shiny Gible I mentioned - depending on which game you have, you can get a shiny Dratini instead.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: The Riddler on June 26, 2012, 09:03:07 PM
The Shiny Gible I mentioned - depending on which game you have, you can get a shiny Dratini instead.
Definitely getting the Dratini. Pink Dratini > Slightly darker Gible.

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on June 26, 2012, 09:03:07 PM
And suddenly, the shiny Dratini I caught with pure luck in the FireRed safari zone loses its face value.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Green Dragonite looks terrible and Slightly Darker Garchomp is insulting to shinies. No big deal.

Kayo

Quote from: Trevelyan on June 27, 2012, 10:38:02 AM
Green Dragonite looks terrible and Slightly Darker Garchomp is insulting to shinies. No big deal.
Shiny Dragonite looked better in Gen III IMO, where the green was darker.

And that's why I'm never migrating my Dragonite.
[move][/move]

DededeCloneChris

It was always kind of hard for me to distinguish Shiny Gibles/Gabites/Garchomp in the GTS.

Kayo

At this point I'd like to say that the new Unova regional Pokedex is the most horribly ordered Regional Dex in the entire franchise.

Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus are #198-200, and the first three Muskateers are #225-228. In between and following are tons of regular Pokemon. (Like Jigglypuff)

Pseudo-Legendaries have traditionally appeared directly before the legendaries (Except for Gen IV). That's still the case, but it's not Hydreigon.
[spoiler]It's Tyranitar.[/spoiler]

If you take out all the Gen I-IV Pokemon, even the Unova pokemon are all out of order. Larvesta is near the beginning of the dex, and Throh and Sawk are near the end.

I understand that it MAY reflect the new path you take through Unova, and this isn't normally something to get mad about... but it's just a giant mess.

This is also the first Regional Dex that includes Pokemon from earlier gens... but not Geodude or even Pikachu. R.I.P childhood
[move][/move]

Neerb

Zero