News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

I applied for a job yesterday

Started by Lotos, March 02, 2010, 01:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

At a grocery store, stocking shelves.  I hope I get hired =O  Am I supposed to apply to more places?  I'm new to this.

Chris8492

I applied to my first job when i was 15. Worked in Reconditioning cars and camp counselor last summer.

Quote from: Lotos on March 02, 2010, 01:38:04 PM
At a grocery store, stocking shelves.  I hope I get hired =O  Am I supposed to apply to more places?  I'm new to this.

Well, yeah if you don't get hired there, try another place. If you mean two jobs at once, you need to tell them about your shifts.

Anarchy_Jas

Good luck on finding a job. I just got hired about a month ago.

You're supposed to apply to more than one place. Just because you turn in an application for one place, doesn't mean you'll get hired. If you end up with more than one interview, go to both, then decide where it's best for you to work. Me for example, had job offers at White Castle, Jewel-Osco, Six Flags, and Long John Silver's. The Jewel and Six Flags were too far a distance to travel for work, so I couldn't take those. The Long John Silver's called me a few weeks too late (because I already took the offer at White Castle and I really needed a job). So consider things like how far away it is, and how serious you are about job because if you hold off on putting in an application/going to an interview, the company will just find someone else to work.

Or if you have friends that already have jobs, you can ask them to see if they can give you applications and give them to the manager... That's how I got my job. Having networks and connections helps. ^^;
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Chris8492

Quote from: Sh0rTi on March 02, 2010, 03:38:21 PM
Good luck on finding a job. I just got hired about a month ago.

You're supposed to apply to more than one place. Just because you turn in an application for one place, doesn't mean you'll get hired. If you end up with more than one interview, go to both, then decide where it's best for you to work. Me for example, had job offers at White Castle, Jewel-Osco, Six Flags, and Long John Silver's. The Jewel and Six Flags were too far a distance to travel for work, so I couldn't take those. The Long John Silver's called me a few weeks too late (because I already took the offer at White Castle and I really needed a job). So consider things like how far away it is, and how serious you are about job because if you hold off on putting in an application/going to an interview, the company will just find someone else to work.

Or if you have friends that already have jobs, you can ask them to see if they can give you applications and give them to the manager... That's how I got my job. Having networks and connections helps. ^^;

i've always wanted to get into culinary. I already know how to make some pretty good dishes.  =)

Not stuff out of boxes, but actual recipes.

Lotos, good luck finding a job.  ;)

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: Lotos on March 02, 2010, 01:38:04 PM

I've done plenty of work at grocery stores.  It's not a terrible gig for an early job.

And yeah, spread those applications around.  There are a lot of people looking for work right now, so it's best to apply a few places.  that's not to say you won't get the job.  Grocery stores look for young people to hire because they don't have to pay them that much.

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: BOREDFANBOY on March 02, 2010, 08:32:35 PM
I've done plenty of work at grocery stores.  It's not a terrible gig for an early job.

And yeah, spread those applications around.  There are a lot of people looking for work right now, so it's best to apply a few places.  that's not to say you won't get the job.  Grocery stores look for young people to hire because they don't have to pay them that much.

What about minimum wage laws...? 0_0 Here, they have to pay you at least $8.00/hr starting off, unless the person works a job where they get tips, like a waiter. Can't live on it, but it's not bad starting off.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."