News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Super Smash Bros. Melee - The Smash Cancelling Trials

Started by GrimTuesday, January 09, 2008, 03:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTuesday

*Unfortunately the old thread died, so I decided to make another one, why you ask? Simply because if we found a way to accomplish this task, it would change the Smash world as we know it, tiers would change drastically, knew combos would be found and competitive play would become even more tense and exciting!*

INTRODUCTION
In 2001... The world got it's first taste of a truely, amazing fighting game... Heaps of characters, loads of stages and a wide assortment of items... That game is known as Super Smash Bros. Melee and it has changed peoples lives, which is alot to say for a video game...

So how can you top that?

Toadbanjoconker, a Smashboards veteran, discovered a technique called Wavedashing while attempting a mid-air item catch, this skill allowed players to slide along the ground instead of walking or running, while Wavedashing, players can attack, shield, dodge and move backwards while facing forward (allowing players to attack while retreating) which opened up new gameplay opportunities to smashers worldwide.

But imagine if it happened again...

Smash attacks are some of the most powerful attacks in the game, but unfortunatley like most moves they have one major drawback, lag. If you are performing a Smash Attack and someone gets behind you, you can say goodbye to one stock or hello to a truckload of damage %. But if it was possible to cancel your Smash Attack it could lead to intese mind games and just like Wavedashing, it could change Super Smash Bros. Melee's competitive play drastically. Wouldn't it be good if we found out how to do this technique? Let me rephrase that, wouldn't it be good if YOU found out how to do this technique? Well now is your chance, join the Smash Cancel team and bring your forum and yourself to fame!

MEMBERS
GrimTuesday
Skye8600

TRIALS
Not really a trial but go to this thread - http://nsiderforums.net/index.php?topic=16438.0, it may help us with Smash Cancelling! Feel free to suggest more trials!

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

GrimTuesday

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

Skye8600

Cancelling a smash attack? that would be a deadly skill to know
imagine if we did find out a way to do it......i think ill try and help

GrimTuesday

Quote from: Skye8600 on January 10, 2008, 01:27:41 PM
thanks for the help skye!

Skye8600

Quote from: GrimTuesday on January 10, 2008, 02:30:17 PM
Quote from: Skye8600 on January 10, 2008, 01:27:41 PM
thanks for the help skye!
anytime
^^
now this is going to consume my night.

GrimTuesday

THAT IS IT!!! I AM SICK OF MY THREADS GETTING SO LITTLE ATTENTION! IF MY TOPICS DON'T START TO HEAT UP I'M LEAVING!  :robotangry:

Shujinco2

LOL.

THNX for reviving my forgotten work!

And it's night time. Nobody's on. :-\

BTW, let's start out small. What would be small that could work? :-\

GrimTuesday

Quote from: Shujinco on January 10, 2008, 11:24:07 PM
LOL.

In Australia it's 5:00 PM lol

Anyway... What if we take this in a different approach, what if we charged a smash attack while wavedashing, that way if an opponent gets ready to attack us we can just wavedash behind them and hit them!

Shujinco2

Quote from: GrimTuesday on January 10, 2008, 11:28:48 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on January 10, 2008, 11:24:07 PM
LOL.

In Australia it's 5:00 PM lol

Anyway... What if we take this in a different approach, what if we charged a smash attack while wavedashing, that way if an opponent gets ready to attack us we can just wavedash behind them and hit them!
OR, even better, A TRAVALING SMASH ATTACK! >:D

YEAH! Let's try!