News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Orange Button In GH3 (Wii)

Started by shadowmarioguy, January 20, 2008, 09:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowmarioguy

I just beat career on medium and it was the first time I  finished a career because I just didn't have the patience to beat easy (it was too easy and got boring).  Now I'm ready to tackle hard, but I can't seem to press the orange button.  I'm holding my guitar so that my right hand is strumming.  I have my thumb on green, my pointer on red, middle finger on yellow, ring finger on blue, and I'm guessing I need to keep my pinky on orange.  But my pinky can't seem to stretch that far very easily.  I feel pretty dumb and wanted to know If I'm doing anything wrong or just need to get used to the feel.

Joeofmars

Your using your thumb for green? Your not supposed to. No thumbs at all.

yes.derek

HEY LOOK HEY

Custom

Wth, thumb on green?
Put your thumb on the back of the neck... er... put your thumb on the opposite side of the green red yellow blue orange.
Then to hit orange you slide down
or reach, but that is harder than sliding for some parts
Hand
"Green Red Yellow Blue
Red Yellow Blue Orange"
Or like
Green Red Yellow Orange.
That kinda thing.
I guess.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

OneManFreakShow

What? How can your thumb even wrap around the neck?

You only use your four fingers. I move my hand down to hit the orange notes. If it's orange then green though, I just stretch my pinky to the orange.

Kayo

in some parts of some songs, theres orange but no green. i take advantage of that. :|
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

shadowmarioguy

Quote from: Customrobo13 on January 20, 2008, 11:14:34 PM
Wth, thumb on green?
Put your thumb on the back of the neck... er... put your thumb on the opposite side of the green red yellow blue orange.
Then to hit orange you slide down
or reach, but that is harder than sliding for some parts
Hand
"Green Red Yellow Blue
Red Yellow Blue Orange"
Or like
Green Red Yellow Orange.
That kinda thing.
I guess.

Oh... That might explain a few things.  The weirdest part is I was actually playing really well the way I was.  :P

sonicdude164

Yeah, no thumb. You have to stretch your pinky to hit the orange.

major tom

Guitar is an instrument of fingers, not thumbs. If you like using thumbs, you should play bass.

Allegretto

i switch my hand postion when i need to hit orange, pointer on green middle on red, ring on yellow and pinky on blue normall, then pointer on red, middle on yellow, ring, on blue and pinky on orange

shadowmarioguy

Great, now I have to basically learn the whole game again :P  Now my pinky is having trouble staying on the blue fret.  How ironic :P

Kayo

Quote from: Algretto on January 22, 2008, 06:15:13 PM
i switch my hand postion when i need to hit orange, pointer on green middle on red, ring on yellow and pinky on blue normall, then pointer on red, middle on yellow, ring, on blue and pinky on orange
yeah thats what i do.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]