News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Downloadable Content Deconfirmed (spoilers, but you should probably know anyay)

Started by Rius, February 20, 2008, 08:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rius

So we have our answer from the GDC: there will be no downloadable content. Why? Because the Wii doesn't have a hard drive.  -_-'

+ Sakurai wanted voice chat in, but there were some Nintendo restrictions. He suggests Skype.
  + The reasons why there aren't any more 3rd parties are because no other companies came forward with they're characters, and Sakurai didn't want to overly upset the gamers who didn't want third parties in the first place (I hope their happy).
  + It's possible that a Smash DS will exist, but Sakurai won't be in charge of it.
  + If there is a Smash sequel, then it would have to bring something new to the table if Sakurai is going to work on it. He has ideas, it seems.
  + Sakurai worked to make the game as balanced and fair as possible. Also, online was designed so people wouldn't have "psychologically damaging" experiences...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853748p1.html

Huh.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: NINNIN6 on February 20, 2008, 08:34:35 PM
So we have our answer from the GDC: there will be no downloadable content. Why? Because the Wii doesn't have a hard drive.  -_-'

+ Sakurai wanted voice chat in, but there were some silly Nintendo restrictions. He suggests Skype.
  + The reasons why there aren't any more 3rd parties are because no other companies came forward with their characters, and Sakurai didn't want to overly upset the gamers who didn't want third parties in the first place (I hope their happy).
  + It's possible that a Smash DS will exist, but Sakurai won't be in charge of it.
  + If there is a Smash sequel, then it would have to bring something new to the table if Sakurai is going to work on it. He has ideas, it seems.
  + Sakurai worked to make the game as balanced and fair as possible. Also, online was designed so people wouldn't have "psychologically damaging" experiences...

http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853748p1.html

Huh.

That part made me, "LOL" ! :D

Tupin

Sakurai seems like that he hates some of the restrictions put on by Nintendo. Also, I hope those people who didn't want 3rd parties are happy. :robotangry:

Also, does he mean like having inappropriate emblems like in MKDS?

Also, Wiiware is coming Nintendo. WHERE'S OUR SECONDARY STORAGE OPTION?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Shujinco2

Well, there goes Mr. Namco AND Mr. Atari. :(

If Sakurai has Ideas for smash that he hasn't already incorperated, chances are, those ideas are gonna grow and eventually lead to another smash game.

Triforceman22

Quote from: Shujinco on February 20, 2008, 08:41:04 PM

If Sakurai has Ideas for smash that he hasn't already incorperated, chances are, those ideas are gonna grow and eventually lead to another smash game.

YES!

and NO!

Roy...:(

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Rius

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 20, 2008, 08:38:48 PM
Sakurai seems like that he hates some of the restrictions put on by Nintendo. Also, I hope those people who didn't want 3rd parties are happy. :robotangry: Yeah... he seems slightly annoyed by Nintendo.

Also, does he mean like having inappropriate emblems like in MKDS? I think he means they way 'With Anyone" is set up in terms of taunts and such. Also, that's the reason why online rankings son't exist.

Also, Wiiware is coming Nintendo. WHERE'S OUR SECONDARY STORAGE OPTION? I wonder if SD Cards are to remain then...
Well on the bright side, at least Sakurai is free to develop for th PS3. ^_^

Tupin

Quote from: Triforceman22 on February 20, 2008, 08:41:56 PM
Quote from: Shujinco on February 20, 2008, 08:41:04 PM

YES!

and NO!

Roy...:(
Le Roy est mort....

But you know Nintendo will trick Sakurai into making another Smash game...

He said he already has ideas. But we need a harddrive. Wii won't be able to make it past 2009 without a HDD.

Dawei

This was all pretty obvious, but I find it worse when the developer comes out and says it. I guess it's a little sliver of hope deep inside of me that I refuse to except that gets shot when it is officially de-confirmed.

Tupin

Quote from: NINNIN6 on February 20, 2008, 08:45:45 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 20, 2008, 08:38:48 PM
Sakurai seems like that he hates some of the restrictions put on by Nintendo. Also, I hope those people who didn't want 3rd parties are happy. :robotangry: Yeah... he seems slightly annoyed by Nintendo.

Also, does he mean like having inappropriate emblems like in MKDS? I think he means they way 'With Anyone" is set up in terms of taunts and such. Also, that's the reason why online rankings son't exist.

Also, Wiiware is coming Nintendo. WHERE'S OUR SECONDARY STORAGE OPTION? I wonder if SD Cards are to remain then...
Well on the bright side, at least Sakurai is free to develop for th PS3. ^_^
Super Sony Bros. please.

Triforceman22

is wiiware like a memory card?
I dunno...
and @ Ninnin...
wha?
Sakurai is with sony now?!

Tupin

Quote from: Triforceman22 on February 20, 2008, 08:48:11 PM
I dunno...
and @ Ninnin...
wha?
Wiiware is like the VC except for new games. There's one called Pokemon Farm, as well as many others announced at GDC.

Sakurai is with Sora. He could make games for ANY platform he wanted.

Nayrman

Tolda ya that no hard drive would kill it.
Of course, Nintedo doesn't allow ANYTHING even remotley USEFUL for online. VOICE CHAT IS NECESSARY NINTENDO!!!
LEARN HOW TO DO ONLINE YA SCHMUCKS!

Triforceman22

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 20, 2008, 08:50:07 PM
I dunno...
and @ Ninnin...
wha?
Wiiware is like the VC except for new games. There's one called Pokemon Farm, as well as many others announced at GDC.

i see... but Sakukurai will probably stick with Nintendo...
so this means kirby series can continue! :D

Tupin

Quote from: Triforceman22 on February 20, 2008, 08:52:18 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 20, 2008, 08:50:07 PM
I dunno...
and @ Ninnin...
wha?

i see... but Sakukurai will probably stick with Nintendo...
so this means kirby series can continue! :D
Yep.

Hopefully Sakurai starts working on Kirby Wii after this.

I think it's been confirmed.

Rius

I dunno...
and @ Ninnin...
wha?
Wiiware is like the Virtual Console, only with all new games.

Sakurai stated that he wouldn't be developing solely for Nintendo. I'm sure most of his games will be for Nintendo, but he will work for whoever comes to him with a great idea. :O Maybe Sakurai will help with Final Fantasy since they helped out with Brawl. Oh yes...

Tuppy beat me. D: