News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Downloadable Content Deconfirmed (spoilers, but you should probably know anyay)

Started by Rius, February 20, 2008, 08:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Nayrman on February 20, 2008, 08:51:48 PM
Tolda ya that no hard drive would kill it.
Of course, Nintedo doesn't allow ANYTHING even remotley USEFUL for online. VOICE CHAT IS NECESSARY NINTENDO!!!
LEARN HOW TO DO ONLINE YA SCHMUCKS!
*face palms*

I personally want to choke those who feel that adding too many 3rd party characters
would do the game injustice...
Not only 3rd party character, but other Nintendo based characters...
Um, what was his reasons for not adding more Nintendo based characters again?

Lame.

In this interview, some things I understood/agreed on while others I did not.

Rius

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on February 20, 2008, 08:54:41 PM
Of course, Nintedo doesn't allow ANYTHING even remotley USEFUL for online. VOICE CHAT IS NECESSARY NINTENDO!!!
*face palms*

I personally want to choke those who feel that adding too many 3rd party characters

Lame.

He said that it wasn't about stockpiling the game full of characters... they had to choose the right characters and worlds to be represented. Who would best fit in, so to speak.

Nayrman

Quote from: NINNIN6 on February 20, 2008, 08:56:27 PM
*face palms*

Lame.

He said that it wasn't about stockpiling the game full of characters... they had to choose the right characters and worlds to be represented. Who would best fit in, so to speak.
1. No one "fits"
2. Sakurai doesn't seem to listen to whom people actually want in quite a few regards... Only about half the newcomers were ones a lot of people actually wanted... And yet some VERY popular characters didn't seem to stand a chance to begin with (Krystal, Sigurd, and some others).
Once again Nintendo just does whatever they feel like doing X_X;;

StarWindWizard7

*face palms*

Lame.

Lol, R.O.B. ??

" O K "

>__>

Rius

Quote from: Nayrman on February 20, 2008, 09:02:03 PM
*face palms*

Lame.

1. No one "fits"
2. Sakurai doesn't seem to listen to whom people actually want in quite a few regards... Only about half the newcomers were ones a lot of people actually wanted... And yet some VERY popular characters didn't seem to stand a chance to begin with (Krystal, Sigurd, and some others).
Once again Nintendo just does whatever they feel like doing X_X;;
Yeah... but look on the bright side - all of that hard work and poor Sakurai is disappointed with the game. :'(

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on February 20, 2008, 09:02:20 PM

Lol, R.O.B. ??

" O K "

>__>
I don't get it either, but that's what he said.

Jono2

*face palms*

Lame.

lolwut

WE NEED 3 SPACE ANIMALS WITHOUT ANY MOVESET SO WE CAN CREATE ONE FOR THEM!

but sir, we have a multitude of other candidates that have easy movesets to implement!  Look at Ridl-

NO TIME FOR SUCH QUESTIONS, I HAVE JUST GRABBED A SMASH BALL.  CLONES FOR ALL!  I LOVE STAR FOX SO MUCH, WE MUST HAVE IT INJUSTLY OVERREPRESENTED!  GO ON, DO IT!  NOW, SLAVES!

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Nayrman

Quote from: Jono2 on February 20, 2008, 09:06:14 PM
*face palms*

Lame.

lolwut

WE NEED 3 SPACE ANIMALS WITHOUT ANY MOVESET SO WE CAN CREATE ONE FOR THEM!

but sir, we have a multitude of other candidates that have easy movesets to implement!  Look at Ridl-

NO TIME FOR SUCH QUESTIONS, I HAVE JUST GRABBED A SMASH BALL.  CLONES FOR ALL!  I LOVE STAR FOX SO MUCH, WE MUST HAVE IT INJUSTLY OVERREPRESENTED!  GO ON, DO IT!  NOW, SLAVES!
I LOVES MAH LANDMASTAS!!!
yea, he did sound a bit dissappointed in the interview on IGN. It sounds like he didn't quite get to to everything he wanted in this game. Probably just a ploy Nintendo did to try and coax one more out of him in the future....
still, how could they not allow voice chat for friends? I mean, they do that for the freakin DS SO WHY NOT BRAWL!?

Macawmoses

*face palms*

Lame.

Oh my, I suppose I am a bit of a purist, but we may have some issues.....please, don't get me started against third parties....they truly don't belong in.

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on February 20, 2008, 09:24:53 PM
*face palms*

Lame.

Oh my, I suppose I am a bit of a purist, but we may have some issues.....please, don't get me started against third parties....they truly don't belong in.
And yet ROB is more deserving? Sonic has done more for Nintendo than that lousy peripheral ever will...
Hell, Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil has done more X_X;;;

Rius

*face palms*

Lame.

If you think the don't belong in, that's fine, but if they are going to be in at least do it right. @**&@!(@
I think the reason people don't want third parties is the ones that were chosen truly don't belong: Snake, who appeared on NES, vanished for over decade, then reappeared in a GameCube remake, and Sonic, who didn't even originate on a Nintendo system and whose purpose for years was to destroy the Nintendo competition... Bomberman, Mega Man, and Pac Man (so many mans) all contributed to the greatness that is Nintendo (Pac Man less than some) in their own special way... they grew up on Nintendo and are most notable for the roles they played on Nintendo systems (again, Pac Man less than others). Bomberman 64... Mega Man 3 & Mega Man X... again, Pac Man less than others, but Namco has always stuck by Nintendo. And then there are Metal Gear Solid, Snake's PlayStation claim to fame, and Sonic 2, which tried to "take care" of our little Italian plumber's success. OH THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL!

tibar7

*face palms*

Lame.

ya know, there's a reason why it's called super smash bros. *cough nintendo created characters cough*
for the people that wanted tails, knuckles, shadow, amy, megaman, etc. you're missing the point of super smash bros. it also bothers me that some people are only getting the game just to play as sonic. they just wanted all the sonic characters to be in cuz sonic's recent games were so suckish.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Rius

Quote from: tibar7 on February 20, 2008, 09:37:30 PM
ya know, there's a reason why it's called super smash bros. *cough nintendo created characters cough*
...I don't see the reason why it's called Super Smash Bros. Nintendo is mentioned nowhere in the name.
for the people that wanted tails, knuckles, shadow, amy, megaman, etc. you're missing the point of super smash bros.
Which is for  Nintendo All Stars to duke it out. Mega Man, whose first 12 games were Nintendo exclusives, one of which a bestseller, is far more important to Nintendo's history than R.O.B. and many first and second parties.
Quoteit also bothers me that some people are only getting the game just to play as sonic. they just wanted all the sonic characters to be in cuz sonic's recent games were so suckish.
2 things: 1) Why would it bother you if someone wants the game for different reasons than yourself? 2) Your logic eludes me. If it didn't, it would probably appall me. The reason Sonic was wanted in, by people who had sense anyway, was to bring about one of the gaming universe's greatest battles: The Battle of Mario and Sonic. Up there with the Battle of Link and Cloud.

Macawmoses

I still have to admit, I want to see Nintendo's all stars in a game. If I wanted to see Sega's, I would go buy Super Star Tennis. That is the point, and third parties (especially ones like Snake) that have LITTLE/few links to Nintendo appall me, to be honest. Megaman..I wouldn't have AS much as an issue with, due to his roots.

Back on topic: This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but the sequel notes are quite unexpected!

Nayrman

Quote from: mackormoses on February 20, 2008, 09:51:48 PM
I still have to admit, I want to see Nintendo's all stars in a game. If I wanted to see Sega's, I would go buy Super Star Tennis. That is the point, and third parties (especially ones like Snake) that have LITTLE/few links to Nintendo appall me, to be honest. Megaman..I wouldn't have AS much as an issue with, due to his roots.

Back on topic: This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but the sequel notes are quite unexpected!
You do know Sega does more for Nintendo than pretty much any third party the last six or so years right?
Not to mention there are TONS of third parties more worthy than ROB

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: tibar7 on February 20, 2008, 09:37:30 PM
*face palms*

Lame.

for the people that wanted tails, knuckles, shadow, amy, megaman, etc. you're missing the point of super smash bros. it also bothers me that some people are only getting the game just to play as sonic. they just wanted all the sonic characters to be in cuz sonic's recent games were so suckish.

0_0 !!!!!!!

WHAT!?

OH NO YOU DID NOT JUST................ *dies a little*
You have Got to be kidding me, are you serious, are you for real?
Please, don't Even bring up that lame reason as to why Sonic is in SSBB because his games aren't as good.

For 1 that is a matter of Opinion
and for 2, "Money Talks"

*makes everybody sit down*
And this is directed to you too MoM. :P

*cracks knuckles*
2 issues, I'll tackle...
this post makers POST
and the addition of 3rd parties.
*They both tie together anyway).

What does the majority of people want to see?

Sonic Vs. Mario....... NINTENDO Vs. Sega! We have an instant classic case of 2 titans going head to head
with there Top Mascots duking it out...and what BETTER Video game to stage such a colossal event?
Super Smash Bros. in general.

Sonic is THE # 1 most wanted 3rd party video game character, To deny that is simply foolish beyond anything compared!

Sonic is popular by his own right and many many people always wanted to see Sonic fight Mario. NO, I'm not talking about that
Mario Party Rip off "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" PFFT! Thats a spin off as far as I'm concerned.

And also think, Video games in general are NOT in the market JUST to make people happy. Oh no indeed no... Video games make a lot of money...
And..uh..correct me if I'm ever so wrong but what would sell more?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl with No 3rd party characters (which leads me to the 2nd issue) OR Super Smash Bros. Brawl with a couple of 3rd party characters?

Come on, More Sega Maniacs  and Metal Gear Solid Fan's would be interested in buying a Nintendo Wii with SSBB then if SSBB only had pure Nintendo Characters. It's ALL about the money, and after all, If I was the creator of SSBB if I seen that a lot of people would want me to add certain characters in, I would do it... NOT only to make them happy but to make the game I worked SO hard on sell extremely well. AND to also cause a lot of controversy... and trust me controversy in video games is a good thing when done right...........and "this" was done right.

Sonic in SSBB was key to making SSBB sell wayyyy more then if Sonic was not in. Though that is a matter of opinion the Vast Majority of Smash fanatics
All over would agree. ^__^
Sonic is needed, he's in and there is nothing anybody can do about it... *directed to the Sonic Nay Sayers of Old*.
And so, if people want to get SSBB just to play as Sonic, let it be done then. Maybe when SSB or SSBM was in it's prime, Smashers wished, they day dreamed, they eagerly wanted SO Bad for Sonic to be a playable character cause they felt it would be Awesome. NOW their dreams  come true, and I don't blame them at all if Sonic is the soul reason why they are buying SSBB.

As I said, The more characters that people want in SSBB, the more it's going to sell.
And as I said also, Controversy is a good thing when done right.
Need I mention that April Fools Joke about Sonic being in SSBM if you Did...something......eh, I'm not exactly sure what the rumor
was but trust me when I say that Smash Fans went crazy for good while there.

Sonic and Snake being in SSBB is going to help SSBB sell more, it's going to HELP Wii's sell more.
It's going to make the creator of SSBB Very very rich...
Not only that, but Sega as well........and Snakes franchise I suppose (meh) *shrugs*.

Mr. Sakurai did what he did about 3rd party characters because it's what the majority wanted.
And the majority of people is going to buy this precious highly anticipated game over the minority, every single time.

Do Not get me wrong however, in the thought that SSB's in general could of stayed solely to Nintendo characters,
but adding 3rd parties to this game just brings "MORE" to SSB's ....
It add's a unique feeling that makes me want this game Even more so then if no 3rd party characters was just in.

Even though everything I said is merely my opinion, I say, and I will always say that I speak for the grand majority about
Smashers everywhere being very happy if not "happy enough" ABOUT 3rd party characters being in SSBB. If anything
I bet the majority would want more 3rd party characters if they had the chance.

Money, satisfying customers, Most wanted video game in North America........surly 3rd party characters being in did not hinder
these results/actions...if anything it only made it better.

*class bell rings*

Ok,
You may all go now.
^_^