News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Downloadable Content Deconfirmed (spoilers, but you should probably know anyay)

Started by Rius, February 20, 2008, 08:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Quote from: Nayrman on February 20, 2008, 09:54:54 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on February 20, 2008, 09:51:48 PM
I still have to admit, I want to see Nintendo's all stars in a game. If I wanted to see Sega's, I would go buy Super Star Tennis. That is the point, and third parties (especially ones like Snake) that have LITTLE/few links to Nintendo appall me, to be honest. Megaman..I wouldn't have AS much as an issue with, due to his roots.

Back on topic: This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but the sequel notes are quite unexpected!
You do know Sega does more for Nintendo than pretty much any third party the last six or so years right?
Not to mention there are TONS of third parties more worthy than ROB
The issue here is not ROB, at ALL. It was never brought up by me, and it doesn't really concern me. To be honest, I like the fact that Sakurai is adding another touch of Nintendo History to the game. G+W was the heritage (Rest easy Gunpei), and now ROB is being added to the mix as a tribute to when Nintendo cared about gamers

In fact, that is what this game is about, caring about the gamers. Once again, this is the reason I haven't bellyached about third parties, as this is the first Nintendo game in a long time to be made for us while still appealing to new gamers. That is what it comes down to, not your favorite characters absence, not third parties, and not legacy...it comes down to the gamer themselves.

Rius

Quote from: Nayrman on February 20, 2008, 09:54:54 PM
Quote from: mackormoses on February 20, 2008, 09:51:48 PM
I still have to admit, I want to see Nintendo's all stars in a game. If I wanted to see Sega's, I would go buy Super Star Tennis. That is the point, and third parties (especially ones like Snake) that have LITTLE/few links to Nintendo appall me, to be honest. Megaman..I wouldn't have AS much as an issue with, due to his roots.

Back on topic: This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but the sequel notes are quite unexpected!
You do know Sega does more for Nintendo than pretty much any third party the last six or so years right?
Not to mention there are TONS of third parties more worthy than ROB
I wouldn't say tons... I've always felt that the most deserving, due the character's significance and the mother company's relationship to Nintendo, were Pac Man, Bomberman, Mega Man, and Sonic. Pac Man was the first video game personality and is Namco's mascot. Sonic was Mario's legendary rival and is SEGA's mascot. Namco and SEGA are Nintendo's most significant 3rd party, and frequently second party, companies. Bomberman and Mega Man are as important to Nintendo's history as the Fire Emblem or Mother crews. Geno and Square Enix are kind of meh since Squeenix is partially owned by Sony.

Wait, how did this topic arise? Oh yeah...

tollhouse2006

Why is everybody making such a big deal of rivalry with Nintendo and Sega?  Please tell me you people weren't hoping for years that you'd get to see specifically Mario and Sonic in a fighting game so they can settle their rivalry once and for all in hand to hand combat.  Look at Mario and Sonic Olympics!  That game turned out to be pure crap.  What's the point of Sonic racing Mario if Sonic is obviously faster?  Sonic only got into Brawl due to his popularity and the success of his games, although I have heard the Sonic games are getting worse in the ratings.  The old Sonic games were the best though.     
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Rius

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 20, 2008, 10:27:54 PM
Why is everybody making such a big deal of rivalry with Nintendo and Sega?  Please tell me you people weren't hoping for years that you'd get to see specifically Mario and Sonic in a fighting game so they can settle their rivalry once and for all in hand to hand combat.  Look at Mario and Sonic Olympics!  That game turned out to be pure crap.  What's the point of Sonic racing Mario if Sonic is obviously faster?  Sonic only got into Brawl due to his popularity and the success of his games, although I have heard the Sonic games are getting worse in the ratings.  The old Sonic games were the best though.     
If you don't understand the importance of Mario and Sonic to do battle, then it is futile for me to attempt to explain it to you. Imagine the console wars of today, only much more decisive; Mario and Sonic were the figureheads of their respective companies and it was understood that "neither can live while the other survives"... it's just an important concept, okay? I have a homework assignment due in less than 30 minutes, so I don't have time to explain it to you. StarWind can do it, or anyone else who lived during the Sonic & Mario wars.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: NINNIN6 on February 20, 2008, 10:34:17 PM
If you don't understand the importance of Mario and Sonic to do battle, then it is futile for me to attempt to explain it to you. Imagine the console wars of today, only much more decisive; Mario and Sonic were the figureheads of their respective companies and it was understood that "neither can live while the other survives"... it's just an important concept, okay? I have a homework assignment due in less than 30 minutes, so I don't have time to explain it to you. StarWind can do it, or anyone else who lived during the Sonic & Mario wars.
pfft!

I already done it, now it's up to them to read it and actually comprehend it.  ::)

tollhouse2006

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on February 20, 2008, 10:50:19 PM
pfft!

I already done it, now it's up to them to read it and actually comprehend it.  ::)
But that's such a long post...   ::)

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 20, 2008, 10:55:56 PM
pfft!

And? Sonic can't jump high and neither he can wall jump or be Ice Mario!

tollhouse2006

Quote from: wiiboychris on February 20, 2008, 11:01:55 PM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 20, 2008, 10:55:56 PM
pfft!

And? Sonic can't jump high and neither he can wall jump or be Ice Mario!
Wall jumping and being ice mario isn't part of the Olympics. 

Geno

My name was "f***tard" on Mario Strikers.

I think I might of been part of the problem.

EDIT: That's a bunch of bulls***. If the reason for the lack of leaderboards was that they didn't want it to be too competitive then why not just add a non ranked mode AND a ranked mode? Like uh, all the other online games have.

Also, the fact that he says that he wants it to be a good experience for first time online gamers pretty much shows Nintendo has stopped giving a dang about it's hardcore fanbase

Apollo

Skye8600

ahhh...the days of mario and sonic....good times. and its still not over  ;)

tibar7

i'm happy with Sonic and Snake being in brawl, but if they put in tails, knuckles, amy and all that sh*t it would have been ridiculous. it's so annoying how all the sonic fanboys are getting the game for the wrong reason. i understand it makes a sh*tload of money and that's a good thing, but it just boggles my mind. The only good thing that could come out of this is if people playing as sonic get interested with other things from nintendo.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Nayrman

pfft!

Why was I not consulted about this!?

Tupin

At least we know a sequel is coming in some way.

Even if it will probably be in like 2015.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on February 21, 2008, 06:07:34 PM
pfft!

Why was I not consulted about this!?
Sonic's fans who have a sig of Sonic suddenly swimming in the water and smirking are not allowed. :D ;D :| :| :D