News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

This is why I play with items on different stages

Started by NINTENDO_PAWNAGE_RAWK, March 17, 2008, 05:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NINTENDO_PAWNAGE_RAWK

There is no skill in  item less final destination battles or fox only junk. You just need to memorize what you have to do basically. I can get why SOME items can be considered cheap and should be turned off if it is really competitive play, HOWEVER that does not mean you turn them all off. It just shows you do not have the skills to adapt fighting situations or your environment. (i.e. different stages.)

This is my proof and it is a dang funny, but true video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gmds2njg&feature=related

1 thing I want to make clear though, is the fact that if you go up against a different character on final destination with no items on it is KINDA ok. You just need to turn certain items on so it is not just raw fighting and such.

Geno

SkyMyl

:| :| :| :|

I like Final Destination...but with items and no Foxes. :|

Lotos

The war part of the video made me lol.

I play with all items.  A combination of luck and skill.  I can see that playing with less items (getting rid of bob-ombs, starmen, and timers, for example) takes away some of the luck and emphasizes skill a little more.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: NINTENDO_PAWNAGE_RAWK on March 17, 2008, 05:39:17 PM
There is no skill in  item less final destination battles or fox only junk. You just need to memorize what you have to do basically. I can get why SOME items can be considered cheap and should be turned off if it is really competitive play, HOWEVER that does not mean you turn them all off. It just shows you do not have the skills to adapt fighting situations or your environment. (i.e. different stages.)

This is my proof and it is a dang funny, but true video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-7gmds2njg&feature=related

1 thing I want to make clear though, is the fact that if you go up against a different character on final destination with no items on it is KINDA ok. You just need to turn certain items on so it is not just raw fighting and such.

Some prefer items, some don't. It's up to them.
I prefer no items, but if I'm fighting with them so be it.
I like final destination, but I like other stages too.

I will continue to pursue my ideals in a clean/good Brawl with out items to determine the true outcome of things
I Feel can alter the results of who can win or lose.

Granted I won because of items, but to me personally winning with my own skills with nothing else is a tad bit more
rewarding.

I speak of my opinion on the matter, not the rules/regulations of Tournaments.