News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

We the Kings

Started by Smashin, June 06, 2008, 12:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smashin

Just a thought, who else knows about this glorious band? It's not the rap one might expect me to discuss, but alternative. Even if you don't like alternative, you owe it to yourself to listen to their songs at least once, as they are all amazing. At least, the ones found on the album We the Kings are.

If you'd rather not discuss my band of choice, tell me about your favorite band/artist. I'd like to know what everyone else obsesses about. ^_____________________^

Smashin

Only a communist wouldn't respond.

Riosan

Quote from: Smashin on June 06, 2008, 12:35:20 PM
If you'd rather not discuss my band of choice, tell me about your favorite band/artist. I'd like to know what everyone else obsesses about. ^_____________________^

Keane, Daft Punk, the Beatles, The Red Button, Switchfoot, Snow Patrol, Weird Al, etc.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Smashin

Quote from: Riosan on June 07, 2008, 09:35:05 AM

Keane, Daft Punk, the Beatles, The Red Button, Switchfoot, Snow Patrol, Weird Al, etc.

I've heard of that Daft Punk. Apparently quite a few people are in love with them here. TELL ME MORE ABOUT THEM.

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Smashin on June 07, 2008, 11:51:55 AM
Quote from: Riosan on June 07, 2008, 09:35:05 AM

I've heard of that Daft Punk. Apparently quite a few people are in love with them here. TELL ME MORE ABOUT THEM.
2 Robots. Awesome Electronica. Chances are you've heard One More Time and Harder Better Faster Stronger.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Riosan

A two-man group who dresses as robots and makes severely overrated music. You've probably heard of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger or Technologic. Both suck.

Listen to Da Funk or Voyager for some of their better instrumentals.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Riosan on June 07, 2008, 02:51:59 PM

A two-man group who dresses as robots and makes severely overrated music. You've probably heard of Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger or Technologic. Both suck.
Agreed. They don't exactly suck, but they aren't that great.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Zovistograt

I obsess about UK hardcore DJ's lately...Gammer, Kurt, Scott Brown, Joey Riot, Seduction, etc.

I love how they can make such beautiful sounds with their wonderful computers and giant webs of wires ^_^
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Jono2

DP is overrated electronica, but they do still have alot of good stuff.

Simian/the current Simian Mobile Disco is one of my current faves, as are the Chemical Brothers (yeah, they're the big time group, tons of music, and probably the most mainstream electronica you can find, but it's still good).

Also, Pendulum is an act that I've been following (Drum & Bass), but their new album isn't as good (Hold Your Color was incredible).

The Prodigy, of course.

but the current group gem that I've just stumbled upon (though I have heard their music before) is The Postal Service.  Although they only released one album, it's incredible.  Not so much heavy electronica, more electro pop stuff (called indietronica IIRC).  If you've played NHL '07 (don't think you have), they have a song in there. (dee doo   dee doo  dee doo   dee doo  dee-doo  doo daa doo dlaa doo bloop boop)
dun remember if the lyrics are in the NHL '07 game, but I don't think they are (I'll be the grapes fermented bottle served with a table set in my finest suit like a perfect gentleman... etc, called Brand New Colony).

also, Ladytron

I also found Audioslave's Out of Exile the other day, just sitting in my car.  don't know why I didn't listen to it earlier, because it's kickass.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Zovistograt

Quote from: Jono2 on June 07, 2008, 10:09:26 PM
Also, Pendulum is an act that I've been following (Drum & Bass), but their new album isn't as good (Hold Your Color was incredible).
I love Pendulum, although I haven't really been following them so I haven't heard their new album.

My friend is a much bigger fan, though.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)