News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Jump Ultimate Stars

Started by Nayrman, May 14, 2008, 07:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

It's a game I've been wanting to get for a while, and it turns out a local Frye's has a few copies coming in oddly enough.
To anyone who imports games, is it playable to a person who doesn't know a single character of kanji? I've found PLENTY of guides/FAQs online for this game explaining everything, but I want to be sure I'll be able to even play it correctly...so if anyone has plapyed it that would be a help.
I imported the origional DS Bleach game, and did just fine (it's a street fighter clone w/ Bleach license), but this game has WAY more text than that game. So any opinions on if it playing a japanese text heavy game is doable and the like. I SHOULD be fine with guides, but just want to be sure.

Water ☮

I have it and I'm stuck at this one part because of the kanji. I should use a guide. besides that very fun game and addicting.

Tupin

It's not like it's MOTHER 3.

It barely has any reading at all.

The "story" is weaker than the one in the SSE, from what I hear.

Although, I would recommend Jump Ultimate Stars, it has better characters and online.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 14, 2008, 07:58:34 PM

Although, I would recommend Jump Ultimate Stars, it has better characters and online.
youre forgetting about the character evolution and such.
But I'll probably give it a try. After all, I've always wanted a Luffy/Train duo to fight together...

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on May 14, 2008, 07:59:56 PM

But I'll probably give it a try. After all, I've always wanted a Luffy/Train duo to fight together...
HE'S MADE OF RUBBER >_>

Yeah, I heard it's good. I might get it if I come into some cash.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 14, 2008, 08:03:17 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on May 14, 2008, 07:59:56 PM

HE'S MADE OF RUBBER >_>

Yeah, I heard it's good. I might get it if I come into some cash.
You could always try Play-Asia (which I'm gonna do if Frye's ends up not having it).
I heard Luffy Gear 3 is a beast...

Spud

THEEVILSPERKY

I've only ever imported one game in my entire life and it was Pokemon Pearl.  I did just fine. :)
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite