News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Geez, I'm glad we've had a good break in the rain!

Started by The Seventh, June 16, 2008, 04:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Seventh

Yeah...  the rain we had for the first couple of weeks here in Iowa, and flooding galore.  I'm so glad West Des Moines and Des Moines didn't get hit too badly.  But I can't say the same for the rest of the 53 counties that have been declared a disaster areas.  The flooding there is bad for the most part. (that's more than half the state, since we have 99 counties).

It was said to be worse than 1993 due to how many counties got hit, and how badly they were hit.  Even the levees that were improved after '93 got either really close to being flooded OVER or broke.

Did I also mention that due to this, the mosquitoes are THICK around here.  You can't go outside without getting bitten at all.

Hopefully the rain will stop for a while, because I'm getting sick of mowing every 2-4 days.  I kinda wanna get back to the usual once a week routine.

Heh, has anything gotten this bad around where you live, as in far worse than usual?
meh

Tupin

There was a major flood this year, around March. I was in Mexico when it happened. We've also had a few minor floods since then.

It's been a rainy year.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

The Seventh

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 16, 2008, 04:54:00 PM
There was a major flood this year, around March. I was in Mexico when it happened. We've also had a few minor floods since then.

It's been a rainy year.
Eh, I'm guessing the floods you had in march never really helped the Des Moines river flow, I'm guessing.

But yeah, it was been an extremely rainy year...
meh

Custom

That sucks.

Where it is boring where I live. Nothing ever changes. Its just hot all the time. D:

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Seventh

Quote from: Customrobo13 on June 16, 2008, 05:15:18 PM
That sucks.

Where it is boring where I live. Nothing ever changes. Its just hot all the time. D:
Yes, it got bad enough some businesses down by a local lake were shut down for a while and people were able to CANOE in the parking lot.  Heck, if there was enough room inbetween the buildings they could probably take a pontoon boat into there.  At least those waters didn't reach us.  If this one levee keeping Valley Junction from flooding burst, let me say that it wouldn't be fun.  At least a neighbor has a boat.
meh

Lotos

Just be thankful you didn't lose any/much property.  I remember my house flooding 11 years ago.  First thing I did was put on a bathing suit and jumped into a garbage pail that my dad put out to catch the water (I was about 5 at the time...)

Doodle

Nothing that bad here. A couple of weeks ago a storm blew down my mom's patio table. It's made of glass, so it made a pretty big mess. :P

Other than that, the weather's been nice. :)
Floods must stink. I've never really been in one, so I've only seen them on TV and stuff.
YEAH

Riosan

Funny, my state is still in its worst drought ever.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Silverhawk79

It's rained a bit more than usual, but not a whole lot of flooding around here.

ThePowerOfOne

Its been pretty dry here. But not hot, since its fogy just about everyday all day.

The closest we came to flooding was last winter (Wait, mabe it was two winters ago...), it just rained almost non-stop, day and night for about a week. The middle of our yard was just a big puddle >_>

ME86

Meh, I don't live close the Des Moines so nothing happened. Also lol North got flooded rofl.

Hero_Of_Time1

えっちーせんぱい

Jono2

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

The Seventh

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time1 on June 16, 2008, 09:16:08 PM
I could use some of that rain. <.<
I can see why...  seeing as you're in Iraq.  Wish I could send it your way, but Mother Nature told me no.
Quote from: Riosan on June 16, 2008, 06:42:26 PM
Funny, my state is still in its worst drought ever.
Oh, I wish I could also send some rain your way as well.  Or at least some of our flood waters.
Quote from: Jono2 on June 16, 2008, 09:30:36 PM
it poured here for a loooong time.
I can see why.  You don't live too far from midwestern U.S.
meh