Most silly word you have heard?

Started by Tupin, July 05, 2008, 08:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Zovistograt

Quote from: Java_Java on July 05, 2008, 10:36:03 PM
How about "antidisestablishmentarianism"
Absolutely overrated and overused.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

SkyMyl

Horribif**kus. Or if that doesn't count, zucchini.

Zies

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

Silly_Penguin

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

does that count? XD
....i could probably list more if i hadn't forgotten them. since one day one of my friends was just saying these weird words (i think it was for a poem topic idea XD)

Zovistograt

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on July 06, 2008, 09:40:27 AM
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

does that count? XD
....i could probably list more if i hadn't forgotten them. since one day one of my friends was just saying these weird words (i think it was for a poem topic idea XD)
agh, that word annoys me because it is neither the longest non-technical word in the English language nor is it the longest technical word, even though people assert it is.

Respectively, those titles are held by "floccinaucinihilipilification" and the chemical name for the complex protein Titin.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Cardinal

Silverhawk79

Chaos

The most silly word I've heard of...Silly. =/

I would have to say oxymoron. It's pretty odd, but I like it.

Lotos