UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Arcade Announcements ~March 1

Started by Macawmoses, February 24, 2009, 11:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

March 1st:

Arcade Purge:

A number of games have been removed from the arcade - this is to coincide with the cleanup and revitalization of the arcade. Please note many of the games will return in the future, they are just AWOL for now.

Furthermore, all scores have been reset. Have fun fighting your way to the top.

Game Scoring:

We are yet to work out getting all games to score. This is a priority in which SK, Silver, and I will be addressing shortly. Once again, games will go through a phase, and if they are well received, will be considered to find a way to have scores added.

Pandemic and Hexxagon are both examples of accepted games that will hopefully have scores soon.

For discussion of games and scoring, please click this.

Puzzle Pack Games

5 new games have been added to the arcade, with a loose, and I mean loose, theme of puzzlehood. None of them have scoring as of now. For discussion of games (feedback for them), help, and comments, please click this.

Luigi's Mansion: You all say you want a Luigi game...why not a version similar to the original Donkey Kong? Face King Boo in a manner we all know well.

Codebreaker: A "Breakout" type game that is a tad different than the norm, but not much. Should be enjoyable to fans.

Fireworks: A tetris style game that allows you to rotate the pieces amongst themselves, but never to twist and turn them. Interesting take, and it offers a bang.

Frozen: This puzzler has you rotating blocks of ice, trying to line up the cracks. Simple premise, but incredibly fun. Just watch out for seals.

Pokemon Collapse: Played Blocks lately? Good, as this is basically it, but with Pokemon backgrounds and nicer colors. Probably a tad harder later on, too.

http://www.nsfcd.com/forums/index.php?topic=30591.0

Feedback goes there  ^

Contests?

After a prize of sorts? Well, have no fear, as the arcade is here. To make my job easier, I plan on letting the users help me out through various facets of setting games up. Cool, eh? Along with that, we'll do high score challenges, and more. Stay tuned.

Macawmoses

I would like to take time to announce some things about the Arcade. Regardless of use, you should consider reading this topic. Every Sunday (and sometimes before), this thread will be added on to. It will feature some score updates, news in general, and new game announcements. Please read the most recent post, as well as proceeding ones.

Management:

SUPERKOOL and I have decided to largely take over the arcade in the coming months. We'll be working on many facets of it. Should you have any concerns do not hesitate to pm either of us.

Arcade Reset

This Sunday, whatever date it may be, all arcade games will be reset. Scores will thus be removed, as will some stale games. Furthermore, games will be divided into three categories; Scoring, Non-Scoring, and Trial.

Should you have any scores you plan on saving, screenshot now.

Game Additions

Games will be added in as SK and I see fit. For the most part, they will debut as Trial, and progress from there. These will be released in groups on Sundays, as will other relevant announcements. Because of the nature of the arcade, most will likely be scoring, if at all possible. You may make suggestions in the floated thread in the Toad House.

Keep your eyes peeled, and have fun in the arcade!

Macawmoses

March 1st:

Arcade Purge:

A number of games have been removed from the arcade - this is to coincide with the cleanup and revitalization of the arcade. Please note many of the games will return in the future, they are just AWOL for now.

Furthermore, all scores have been reset. Have fun fighting your way to the top.

Game Scoring:

We are yet to work out getting all games to score. This is a priority in which SK, Silver, and I will be addressing shortly. Once again, games will go through a phase, and if they are well received, will be considered to find a way to have scores added.

Pandemic and Hexxagon are both examples of accepted games that will hopefully have scores soon.

For discussion of games and scoring, please click this.

Puzzle Pack Games

5 new games have been added to the arcade, with a loose, and I mean loose, theme of puzzlehood. None of them have scoring as of now. For discussion of games (feedback for them), help, and comments, please click this.

Luigi's Mansion: You all say you want a Luigi game...why not a version similar to the original Donkey Kong? Face King Boo in a manner we all know well.

Codebreaker: A "Breakout" type game that is a tad different than the norm, but not much. Should be enjoyable to fans.

Fireworks: A tetris style game that allows you to rotate the pieces amongst themselves, but never to twist and turn them. Interesting take, and it offers a bang.

Frozen: This puzzler has you rotating blocks of ice, trying to line up the cracks. Simple premise, but incredibly fun. Just watch out for seals.

Pokemon Collapse: Played Blocks lately? Good, as this is basically it, but with Pokemon backgrounds and nicer colors. Probably a tad harder later on, too.

http://www.nsfcd.com/forums/index.php?topic=30591.0

Feedback goes there  ^

Contests?

After a prize of sorts? Well, have no fear, as the arcade is here. To make my job easier, I plan on letting the users help me out through various facets of setting games up. Cool, eh? Along with that, we'll do high score challenges, and more. Stay tuned.