News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

A proposal for werewolf:

Started by Jono2, September 14, 2009, 11:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

If you have participated in any of the last few werewolfs, you will have noticed that they went less than smoothly.  Note that I am not saying that they were bad, or anything of the sort, but that they were disjointed or thrown out of whack by the lack of a strict schedule.

Therefore, i propose one of the following:

1. Evening Werewolf night.  Games last one or two evenings, are played for ranks that would be kept throughout the week.  A new game very week/every two weeks.  This eliminates the problem of people who sign up but don't participate, and increases activity in the game.

2. Regular (but flexible) scheduling.  Say Monday Wednesday Friday are the updates, Keep them that way, but do not adjust for anything.  If you haven't written a story by the deadline, either simply post the results, or have someone else come up with a story for that night.  If someone hasn't voted, they haven't voted, and thus don't count.  If someone has to make a decision after voting is finished, give them a set time to reply (say, an hour).  In otherwords, votes would come in at 9:00 but the update would come at 10:00 (for example).

The schedule flying all over the place and random updates completely throws the game.  You really shouldn't have to worry that someone didn't vote, especially if your plan hinges upon manipulation of other peoples' votes (which happens a fair amount in games of werewolf).  This can be solved by either a very short game, or a very fixed schedule.  The way that it is now pisses people off.

Also, my werewolf won't come for a while.  Schooling takes priority.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

The Riddler

Macawmoses

The Riddler

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on September 15, 2009, 12:16:45 AM
Or we should have our super one.
Or this.

But we never planned it out.

And since I have no life anymore I can dedicate time to it.

Jono2

Quote from: Riddler on September 15, 2009, 12:17:47 AM
Or this.

But we never planned it out.

And since I have no life anymore I can dedicate time to it.

the thing is, during the year, we're all busy with school.  During the summer, we have more time to spend on these things.  A more condensed approach would allow us to play during the school year.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

SkyMyl

Anyone mind if I host the next Werewolf?

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on September 15, 2009, 12:16:45 AM
Or we should have our super one.
Which was my idea to begin with. =|

Dog Food

I have a never-before-done Werewolf, ready to go. It'd be something not tried before, and I don't know whether you guys would like it or hate it. But, instead of doing what is traditional, I tried mixing it up and decided we'll see what the results are.

I can host whenever we are running low on volunteers.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Doodle

I think Mack/Rob should host one. They both have hosted quite a few good werewolves.
Also, I agree 100% with Jono.
YEAH