News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

In the Element

Started by THEBIRD, January 21, 2010, 09:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anarchy_Jas

Since her ordeal started, Reina had no problem keeping people off her tail. She's succeeded in every escape that she's pulled so far, and she's sure that she got away clean... but something in the back of her mind bugged her this time. That little thing, maybe an instinctive warning, seemed to tell her that something was just slightly off. However, in her terms, slightly could mean deadly, and she didn't want anyone to know where her base was. So Reina dunked into a narrow, dead-end passage covered by the shadows just off to the side, and hid behind a stack of old crates. Then she waited to see if her intuition was right.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Light

Harver continued on his path, slowing down as he approached Reina's position. ...I don't hear footsteps any more, even from a distance. He stopped his jog as he came to the alleyway where the old crates hid the runaway woman. He sighed as he leaned against a wall. Guess I lost her. Oh well.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

THEBIRD

Quote from: Magnum on January 26, 2010, 03:16:16 PM
"Yes yes yes YES! Exactly! Goodness me, you say things as if you read my mind," Talon bellowed with glee. He looked in front of the small group to see that the door to the Great Monk was right in front of them.
"I'll take you up on a bet. I say that he is going to be sending us to battle. I'll put my next income up. I'm out of money because I, oh, hmmmmmmmmm, misplaced my wallet," Talon informed Solon with a mischievous look on his face, the same sly grim indenting his cheeks with cheer.
Solon grinned back and was about to agree to the deal when the Monk stopped and coughed, which basically meant silence. "You will be entering his chambers now. I advise you to stop your silliness while you are standing at the Great Monk's feet. You have been forewarned," the Monk said, glaring at them. But then his face softened into understanding and sympathy. He opened the door using a burst of wind, and then walked in.

Solon raised his eyebrows at Talon and shrugged before following the Monk inside. It was completely dark and he couldn't see a thing. But a voice in the distance said, "Do not move" and so Solon stayed completely still, listening and waiting for whatever was going to happen to happen...

THEBIRD

Quote from: So_So_Man on January 26, 2010, 05:46:03 PM
I'm probably going to join, but first I have a few questions/suggestions. 
1. Does water power include a transition from water to ice? Yes.
2. Can water power be used to freeze someone's blood/bodily fluids, making them explode? It could, or it could be used to control the water within someone's body to make them move to your own will. But something that evil and powerful could only be used by someone without a soul. Kind of like in Harry Potter with Voldemort. You'd have to exercise great evil and show no signs of remorse or sympathy in order to unleash that kind of power. It's the price to pay for ambition, I guess.
3. What scale do the powers operate on? (eg, visible amounts of the object only, or all the way down to manipulating single molecules?) Depends on the character. The stronger you are, the more precise your abilities are.
4. Can fire power be used to give someone a temporary burst of energy or speed up chemical reactions in the body(lighting them on fire from the inside)? It's possible to create lightning out of fire, but only in a very powerful firemaster - otherwise it'd get out of control and backfire on you, killing you instantly. As for what you're asking, I think that also goes under my answer for question #2.
5. Can air power be used to make someone's lungs explode (by increasing the air pressure inside)? Also answered in #2.
6. Can air power be used to make a vacuum around a target? No, air will always be able to sneak in somehow. But maybe it could be done for a limited time if you concentrated on nothing but removing the air from that circle. No more than a minute, I'd say. And you'd have to be an extremely powerful airmaster.
7. Shouldn't Aquarius be one of the water-based elders rather than air? (you could move scorpio to earth and virgo to air to make this work) It's based on the Zodiac, and in the Zodiac Aquarius is actually air (I know, I was surprised, too).
8. If Xe (most pacifistic god) is the god of air, why did the air country join in so quickly? It wasn't Xe's idea to join the war. He often used the phrase, "Harsh words don't solve problems, action does" which, of course, Xe didn't mean that meant to jump into a war rather than delegating it out. He merely was saying that spewing nonsense back and forth doesn't solve problems, taking the right actions to make good changes does. But the old Great Monk took it to mean they had to enter the war in order to stop it. Many people disagreed with this, but the old Great Monk was a great speaker and loved by many that people quickly took his side. He ended up dying in the war, his popularity increasing tenfold after death (as it often happens with leaders), and instead of pulling out of the war it became about avenging their beloved leader. Soon, the people forgot about Xe's no-fighting policy and became as hellbent as the rest of the world.

Sorry if these are questions that were supposed to gradually dawn on the players, or they have ruined the game in some other way.  I will probably write up the character sheet tomorrow, after I get answers and write my last exam.

Magnum

Talon followed the two men in, looking around at all the dark corners of the room. "Do not move," a voice commanded. Talon leaped up next to Solon with a burst of wind. He noticed that no one else was there yet.
"Mr. Grand Monk, would you mind telling us where the other second generation are? I think there are a few more than two of us," Talon questioned as he stood straight up (something he doesn't usually do, as he hunches around a lot), trying to show at least a little respect to the darkness that hid the Great Monk.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Anarchy_Jas

Quote from: Light on January 26, 2010, 11:01:44 PM
Harver continued on his path, slowing down as he approached Reina's position. ...I don't hear footsteps any more, even from a distance. He stopped his jog as he came to the alleyway where the old crates hid the runaway woman. He sighed as he leaned against a wall. Guess I lost her. Oh well.

'I wasn't just being paranoid,' Reina smirked and crept back around the crates, silently making her way to the opening of the small alleyway. 'Let's see who it is then...' By looking at the shadows in front of her, she could tell that whoever is there is against the wall. She did not want to draw her weapons, and stab at the person without knowing who they were... Reina didn't kill unless it was necessary, so her only other option was to go for a grab.

When Reina got close enough, she snatched at her follower's wrist, pulled, and twisted so she could pin his arm to his back. "Who are you?" She presses a little bit harder, but not enough to hurt anything. "And why are you tailing me?" The woman asks, not sounding angry, but curious as to how Harver managed to follow her.

((Oh yeah, made that "discussion thread".))

jnfs2014

Vio slowly got up and walked out of his igloo house. Stretching, he noticed that it was a bit cold outside.

'Hmm....why could that be?' he thought. Well, the fact that he left his coat in the igloo didn't help. He soon realized this, however, and ran back inside to retrieve said coat.

Back outside, he walked about twenty feet out into the snow. He then began using his Ice Hawk call. It worked, as his pet Ice Hawk, Pura, flew down and landed on the ground. Why was it named Pura? After the goddess of the Water Nation, of course. He had always wanted to meet her.

"Hey, Pura, do you think you can give me a lift?"

Pura simply nodded before Vio climbed onto her back. She then straightened her feathers and took off.

Light

Harver suppressed a gasp of surprise as he looked behind him at his captor, having his arm pinned to his back. "...Oh, there you are," he stated calmly, noticing the woman twisting his wrist as the one who he was following. "I noticed that you were running away from something, and seeing as how I was bored, I decided I had nothing better to do than follow you. Trust me when I say I mean you no harm," he finished sincerely.

Allegretto

Kumori tossed and turned in his sleep, he was having the nightmare that has continued to haunt him for years.
In the dream all Kumori saw were his closest friends falling before him, he could do nothing but watch from the small hillside he hid upon.

A small squadron from Terra had come to capture a very powerful fire master named Jigen. Who lived in the northern most village on Pyra Isle. The village did not contain many elemental fighters and those that it did contain, their powers were not yet stable, which allowed the Terra soilders to easily manipulate and defeat them. The fire of those who were unexperienced spun out of control and lit the surrounding houses a flame.

His best friend Hiragaru sat there with him, Kumori could notice the agony in his eyes as he watched their village burn. Hiragaru turned to Kumori and shouted "We can't just sit here! We have to do something!" Kumori replied "We can't...we aren't strong enough Hiragaru! We will just be cast down" Hiragaru glared at him in a rage "How can you hide here while our friends and villagers are being slaughtered, you'v always run away from fights, this time i'm going to do something!"

As Hiragaru finished this he ran down the hill fire in his hands, the moment he reached the village all Kumori saw was a blazing light and he saw Hiragaru fall.

"Ah" he woke up, he wiped his head of the sweat that always covered him whenever he woke from this nightmare. He looked outside and noticed the sun rising, he quickly stood up, got dressed and walked out of the door.

THEBIRD

Quote from: Magnum on January 27, 2010, 01:08:56 PM
Talon followed the two men in, looking around at all the dark corners of the room. "Do not move," a voice commanded. Talon leaped up next to Solon with a burst of wind. He noticed that no one else was there yet.
"Mr. Grand Monk, would you mind telling us where the other second generation are? I think there are a few more than two of us," Talon questioned as he stood straight up (something he doesn't usually do, as he hunches around a lot), trying to show at least a little respect to the darkness that hid the Great Monk.
"If the others do not show up soon, then they have sealed their fate," came the resounding voice. "They choose doing nothing over doing something. The great God, Xe, warned us against doing nothing and so by not appearing before me, they have chosen to turn their backs on their nation in this time of great duress."

"So you want us to enter the war?" Solon asked, his mouth quivering into a grin, although he tried to suppress it, when he thought of what Talon had said only moments before.

"I am here to give you a choice," replied the Great Monk's voice. "You may enter the war, or you may seek to find the Organizations. Both are top priorities of our nation." Solon thought for a moment. Search for the Organizations? The secret societies of different people, living somewhere off-the-map, fighting for different causes. They were mostly unknown, but tidbits of information about the three have surfaced from time to time. No one had ever came back with news of the Organizations though. It was thought that they either left their nation to join them, or died trying to find them. Solon became interested - it looked like the stakes were going to be higher than both of them had previously thought.

"I'm listening."

Anarchy_Jas

"... You do know that curiosity killed the cat, right?" Reina loosened her grip just slightly, then paused and completely let go of Harver's arm a couple of seconds later when she sensed no hostility from him. "Or are you just crazy? Most people, no matter bored they are, don't go following fugitives around. Hell, I could've killed you," she sighs and folds her arms, hood still covering the top half of her face. "I mean, I am that 'Demon that's plaguing the streets,' as everyone likes to put it."

Magnum

"Organizations. War. Man, does this keep getting better and better and better and, woo, better stop myself. By the way, I won the bet!" Talon said, the last part he whispered to Solon.

He continued to stare at the darkness. He was having difficulty pin-pointing where the voice was coming from. "If you don't mind me asking, one of these organizations are the followers of the 'Shadow Master', that failure that didn't reach Eagon, correct? I wouldn't mind searching him out!" Talon exclaimed, a smirk planted across his face.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Light

"Fugitive?" Harver asked, stretching his arm out after Reina released him. "Oh, so that's why you were running, then. That explains it. And a 'demon'?" He asked with a playful smirk. "Alright, if you say so."

Anarchy_Jas

"Hey," Reina just shrugged and shook her head. "That's what the heralds and papers came up with, not me. I would have picked something less corny..." 'Guess the weird nicknames and images come with the job after killing off a few corrupt politicians and noble people,' she figured that she shouldn't tell Harver exactly what she did... no need to incriminate herself even further. "Is your boredom gone now that you have your answer? Or are you still in an inquisitive mood?" Reina grinned lightly. 

Light

"That depends," Harver said, matching Reina's light smile. "If I accompany you for at least the remainder of the day, I'm pretty sure I'd be... entertained, to say the least. But if I left now, I'm afraid I'd go back to being quite bored."