News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Longest you've ever stayed up

Started by Thirdkoopa, May 21, 2010, 05:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Through the past few days, I managed to cap in at actually around 71 hours before I completely crashed. Those hours involved;

-Going to the mall
-Making a bunch of random graphic art
-Trying to stay serious in chatting
-Turning more hostile and awkward out as usual (Near the end)
-Being extremely cold due to my parents putting
-Having an adrenaline rush which LITERATELY made me go insane for 20 minutes. I can't even describe those minutes.
-Talking about Computer OS's (or whatever) with Obsidian
-Tons of good (And intercourse ing terrible) chat logs. Most notable being this
-Eating a lot of cereal. A lot.

And sadly more.

Discuss your longest staying ups.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

SkyMyl

One day. It consisted of staying up all night to avoid waking up late to buy Pokemon SoulSilver, and then crashing an hour after I got back.

Dog Food

Somewhere over two days. I didn't count the hours. I don't even remember what I did for the first day, but after I stayed up all night in chat talking with Sync, then the next morning I went to the doctor to get a physical, spent a day at the beach, and went home and went to sleep at a normal time. It wasn't hard to do, and I wasn't trying to stay up or anything, otherwise I definitely could have gone for another day.

Also, this Summer I'm going to attempt a psychology experiment. 300+ hours, not sleeping at all. I almost have my mom backing me up on this, although she keeps saying stuff like, "That's dangerous, you could die" and poop like that. But when I told her about logging the experiment, continuous checkup at a sleep clinic and the such, she seemed more willing. The only problem is I need her support because there's no way I'll be able to drive with 300+ hours of no sleep, and most of my friends either can't drive or wouldn't be able to take so much time out of their week to keep driving me to a doctor to make sure I'm not going to die. I'll have her come with me to talk to some doctors about backing me up on this, and if I can get someone than I'll be golden to go.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Night the Lucario

Approximately 36 hours, 42 minutes. I woke up at six AM the day of the midnight release for Book Seven(you know the one), waited impatiently for it, got to the book store at six PM, waited for six hours, looking at the books they had, grabbed the first copy of Book 7, bought just as the clock it midnight. Went home, read the entire series. Didn't eat, didn't drink, didn't use the restroom. Didn't need to. Eventually went to sleep at 18:42, after realizing I had been staring at the last page for the past three minutes, not reading.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Chris8492

Ehh, couple years ago. I went sleepless with 3 days and 17 hours

(89 hours) Then just in the late afternoon out by the pool i crashed.

woke up a couple hours later in the middle of the night, and had somewhat of a bad headache. Im planning on not doing that again

L10

somewhere close to 2 days....well I had a 10 min nap at like 8am between but I don't think 8 min really counts as sleep
0o!f

Shujinco2

2 and 1/2 days.

It was funny, because at the end of the night, I was tired, but in the morning I felt rested.

Huh?

Allegory

2 1/2 days. I probably consumed about 10 2 liters of mountain dew in one of these days. That was such an amazing weekend. Lots and lots of Xbox/N64 games.

DSGamer3002

pretty sure it was either 3 or 4 days, but I didnt count how many hours exactly

coffee and video games makes it easy

Silverhawk79

Probably around 36 hours.
Then I turned into a zombie and crashed for 15 hours.

Potestas

48 hours. I was flying to greece and you know how classmates are in the airplane.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.

The Seventh

Well, when I pulled an all nighter, then couldn't sleep during the day (I have extreme difficulty in doing so)

Was probably about 30 hours.
meh

Red

96 hours or so. Last summer. This is how it basically went:

Parents "Go to bed soon, it's getting late. We're tired. Goodnight."
Me "Ok, I'll be up in an hour or so."

I stay up all night doing stuff. Then I pretended I woke up before them.

And surprisingly I didn't drink any soda or coffee or whatever. I wasn't even tired after it all. I just went to bed because I ran out of things to do. :3

Nayrman

Quote from: الذئب لص on May 21, 2010, 07:16:07 PM
Somewhere over two days. I didn't count the hours. I don't even remember what I did for the first day, but after I stayed up all night in chat talking with Sync, then the next morning I went to the doctor to get a physical, spent a day at the beach, and went home and went to sleep at a normal time. It wasn't hard to do, and I wasn't trying to stay up or anything, otherwise I definitely could have gone for another day.

Also, this Summer I'm going to attempt a psychology experiment. 300+ hours, not sleeping at all. I almost have my mom backing me up on this, although she keeps saying stuff like, "That's dangerous, you could die" and poop like that. But when I told her about logging the experiment, continuous checkup at a sleep clinic and the such, she seemed more willing. The only problem is I need her support because there's no way I'll be able to drive with 300+ hours of no sleep, and most of my friends either can't drive or wouldn't be able to take so much time out of their week to keep driving me to a doctor to make sure I'm not going to die. I'll have her come with me to talk to some doctors about backing me up on this, and if I can get someone than I'll be golden to go.

Actually, that IS dangerous. As long as it's in a controlled experiment then it'll probably be fine. But in all honesty, there is a point in sleep deprivation where you will just collapse and die due to pure exhaustion. There is a reason we spend the largest portion percentage wise of our life sleeping. It's basically why the Nightmare on Elm Street movies are so ridiculously bullpoop when you actually know something about the subject. Even if the kids didn't die from sleeping and getting killed by Freddy, it's only a matter of time before they simply collapse and kill themselves from not sleeping.

ANYHOO the longest I've ever stayed up is about 30 hours or so. That was last Momocon where I was in charge of overnight. Then I went to my dorm and slept for...about 3 hours, stayed up another 12 to go back home for spring break and finish the convention. Woo. It's always amusing how after you reach the 23 hour threshold your internal clock sort of resets and you don't feel as tired.

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: الذئب لص on May 21, 2010, 07:16:07 PM

You'll start hallucinating after two or three days. 300 hours is 12.5 days, and most people are lucky to make it to 10 before they die.