News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

3DS Discussion

Started by The Riddler, June 15, 2010, 09:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

:O

Screw Skyward Sword, we're getting an Ocarina of Time 3DS remake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098192p1.html

This is now officially the greatest day in gaming history!  :D

SkyMyl

Nintendo is kicking some major ass today.

Nayrman

Mikoyan

It's pretty easy to forgive them for the last two E3s after today.

Cornwad

Apparently the Ocarina of Time thing is just a demo at this point, so I wouldn't get too excited.

Red

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. THIS IS WHY I LOVE NINTENDO. THIS MAKES UP FOR EVERYTHIGN THEY'VE DONE THE PAST FEW YEARS.

So yeah, I'm intercourse ing stoked.

Nayrman

Quote from: Cornwad on June 15, 2010, 04:20:11 PM
Apparently the Ocarina of Time thing is just a demo at this point, so I wouldn't get too excited.
Why make a demo if you're not going to re-make the whole thing? You're doing that for Star Fox...
Most likely a remake, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were just a demo like you said.

Cornwad

Quote from: Nayrman on June 15, 2010, 04:29:03 PM
Why make a demo if you're not going to re-make the whole thing? You're doing that for Star Fox...
Most likely a remake, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were just a demo like you said.

Yeah, I think it's just a warning in case they don't go completely through with it. I'm still expecting to see it eventually.

Tupin

The Snake Eater demo is also just a tech demo to show off the 3DS's power, but there will be a Metal Gear game on the system. It may be Snake Eater, and hopefully it will look as good as the PS2 version, have they come out with specs for the 3DS yet?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Tupin

Also, the touch pad is not an analog stick, it's a pad on top of a digital d-pad, which apparently works as well and is better than an analog nub like the PSP.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

X-3

The OoT pictures may just show a game really early in development, hence why the pictures are all of Link on Epona. That's my best guess.

The Riddler

Guys, it's basically the PSP Analog.

Also, I can't find any gameplay footage of it.

They talked about everything it can do but didn't show any of it?

:|

Cornwad

I don't think there's much of a point in showing it when we can't see the 3D, but they gave everyone at the show multiple chances to play it. And those people have said that it is nothing like the PSP's nub.

The Riddler

Quote from: Cornwad on June 15, 2010, 05:16:28 PM
I don't think there's much of a point in showing it when we can't see the 3D, but they gave everyone at the show multiple chances to play it. And those people have said that it is nothing like the PSP's nub.
If you don't need glasses, you should be able to film it and everyone would get the idea.

Cornwad

It's all about how the eyes see the screen. Unless you have a 3DS screen for a TV/Computer you wouldn't be able to pick up on anything. Also, normal cameras don't record in 3D either, so it would only be captured in two dimensions.

If you stick 3D glasses up to a camera and filmed a 3D movie, it wouldn't look 3D on your computer. Same thing works without the glasses.