News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

PSP 3000 Help

Started by jnfs2014, March 17, 2011, 08:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jnfs2014

Recently, my friend has been trying to sell his PSP3000 (almost brand new with 6 games) to buy an iphone. After coaxing him to lower the price for me, I now stand at an $80 question. Is it worth it?

BOREDFOREVER

I know responses like this suck, but it depends on what you want to do with it.

Do you download movies and want to watch them on the go on a screen bigger than a phone but without the hassle of a laptop?  It's good for that.

There are some great games, like Disgaea and FF Tactics if you like RPGS.  It's got some good action games like God of War (Chains of Olympus is one of my favorite games for the system), and it's got some quirky ones like Loco Roco and Patapon.

And if you have a PS3, you have that whole remote play/ connectivity thing going on.

I have a PSP-2000 and I'm glad I have it, but it's not for everyone.  It obviously doesn't have the game suite of the DS.  But that is a pretty good price for one with six games.  I imagine if you didn't like it you could make a decent amount of that back selling or trading it all in.

Custom

Persona 1, Peace Walker, Rock Band PSP, Half Minute Hero, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles

Yeah mang, it's worth it. there isn't much on it, but there are a few good hits
then again, I was dying to play the persona remake and I love half minute hero and rock band to death so idklol

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

jnfs2014

can you download movies off the internet (NOT pirating for whoever out there is checking for illegal usage ;)) and send them to your psp?

ME86

Quote from: JRose on March 21, 2011, 12:47:48 PM
can you download movies off the internet (NOT pirating for whoever out there is checking for illegal usage ;)) and send them to your psp?

if it's a file type the psp can play, yes

Silverhawk79

Quote from: ME86 on April 12, 2011, 05:24:03 AM
if it's a file type the psp can play, yes
Probably AVI, MP4, and...MOV? Perhaps? So basically, yeah. You'll have to convert them first.

Potestas

There are plenty of psp movie converters. One I have used in the past (on my own PSP-3000) is PSPvideo9. It's not ideal, but it works fine for avi and mp4 files. Mkv files work too but you might run in trouble with the subs. In that case I recommend something else.

Good games for the PSP:
-Persona3
-Persona1
-Disgaea1
-Disgaea2
-FF crisis core
-FF dissidia
-Prinny games
-PSone games that kick major ass (FF7 to 9 is on there as well as other classics)
-Space invaders extreme is fun
-Flow as well
-Patapon 1
-Patapon 2
-Locoroco
-There was at least one katamari game that was good

Then there's the ability to hack it and make it able to play iso files, run at least 10 types of emulators and homebrew stuff like a PSPtube that works as fine as something from a smartphone and an MP3 player that with settings adapted lasts over 20 hours. With the correct firmware you can easily over and underclock it. If you hack it it is highly customizable. I do recommend getting a decent memory card though.

All in all, 80 is more than worth it. I got my PSP3000 at the store for 250 euros, that's 400 dollars, folks. Your friend is hella cheap.

Click the sig to level it up. Go to Ichimonai.com to learn more.

The Riddler

I just bought a new PSP3000 for 130 bucks, and 15 for the memory stick.
Used at 80 isn't bad.

jnfs2014

Quote from: Riddler21 on May 05, 2011, 01:13:57 AM
I just bought a new PSP3000 for 130 bucks, and 15 for the memory stick.
Used at 80 isn't bad.
lol I knew you'd get one with ffiv complete collection out. :p

but yeah, I bought it.

Lock'd.

edit: apparently I can't lock it, so please no more suggestions as to why I should buy it. game suggestions are still welcome though.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: JRose on May 05, 2011, 02:13:50 PM
lol I knew you'd get one with ffiv complete collection out. :p
Where did he say this?

jnfs2014

Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on May 05, 2011, 06:58:14 PM
Where did he say this?
Quote from: OshawottTrainerChris on May 05, 2011, 06:58:14 PM
Where did he say this?
despite that Rob is a huge Cecil fan, had Cecil as his avatar for awhile, and made the thread? nowhere.