News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Started by Neerb, April 20, 2011, 04:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: Axelayer on June 14, 2011, 01:07:52 PM
Spirit Tracks was a lot better in this regard, however.

Abso-freaking-lutely. It also had a new item (Whip), New Hyrule, an interesting villain and plot, and an interesting new travel mechanic, all things Phantom Hourglass lacked. One of the things I hate most about Phantom Hourglass is simply that it's the direct sequel to The Wind Waker; Spirit Tracks brought in its own Link, so it didn't matter how good it was, but PH was an insult to the Hero of Winds, my favorite Link from my favorite game on my favorite console.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on June 14, 2011, 01:19:27 PM
Abso-freaking-lutely. It also had a new item (Whip), New Hyrule, an interesting villain and plot, and an interesting new travel mechanic, all things Phantom Hourglass lacked. One of the things I hate most about Phantom Hourglass is simply that it's the direct sequel to The Wind Waker; Spirit Tracks brought in its own Link, so it didn't matter how good it was, but PH was an insult to the Hero of Winds, my favorite Link from my favorite game on my favorite console.
Except its humor was very good. Linebeck is a good butt monkey.

DededeCloneChris

Once you buy the game, BE SURE TO REGISTER IT WITH CLUB NINTENDO TO RECEIVE A FREE CD SOUNDTRACK. It's LIMITED, so take advantage of it.

Nayrman

Oh, maybe I have a reason to register for it then. @_@:;

Tupin

I've heard Targets have been breaking street dates, but I haven't personally checked. May have changed.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

FruitFlow

LOL. I still have the Twilight Princess ST, and I haven't even listened to it.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

DededeCloneChris

I think I'll choose the normal difficulty to get familiar with it again.

Nayrman

Well, got the game, and about to head up Death Mountain. Got everything possible along the way, save for that annoying as hell heart piece you "need" the Lens of Truth to do. *tried it a few times to see if I got lucky, didn't* I did sequence break to get the heart piece on the roof of Kakariko village. Glad they kept all the little tricks in, heh heh. Loving the new graphics, it looks WAY better than the N64 version. Although the L-button can't really replace Z-targeting. To be honest the button is too small and stiff to be used so constantly. Oh well, give a little lose a little.

Also, intercourse  Club Nintendo. I received the Soundtrack CD. Oh, but the page it was on didn't have a "accept" button or whatever. I tried to refresh to see if it would appear. And poof, it's gone. I have no idea how to get the CD now since Club Nintendo doesn't let you pick it as a reward after you get it. Gah. I've already e-mailed Nintendo about it but god darn I doubt they'll do anything about it.

Nayrman

Hm, well, apparently that's an issue big time for Nintendo right now with the CD. I called their costumer support, they checked my Club Nintendo and are gonna send me the CD. Yay. I am happy now. :P

DededeCloneChris

Well, the game doesn't really give you the option to choose Master Quest yet. Oh well. It's still a very good remake.

Also, I've been playing for 2 straight hours and the battery didn't drop one bar even if I used a little bit of 3D.

DededeCloneChris

Okay, did anybody even buy the darn game? From my friend list, I can tell SkyMYL and mutilator7 got it.

Nayrman

I got it. I'm just not playing it at the moment. How else would I get the Soundtrack CD? :P

Neerb

Well, I was in the car today until literally an hour ago, so the only open game-selling store left was Wal-Mart. I go in, and... it's not there. I asked the person at the counter, and they said, "We won't be selling it in stores; you can order it online."

So, now I have to wait until tomorrow to hopefully get it at GameStop, unless it's an order-only game everywhere and I somehow missed this most important detail over the past year since it was announced. I only pray that I'll still be able to get the soundtrack by tomorrow; that's really the main reason I'm getting this, as opposed to spending my money on a game I haven't actually played yet.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Neerb on June 19, 2011, 07:42:52 PM
Well, I was in the car today until literally an hour ago, so the only open game-selling store left was Wal-Mart. I go in, and... it's not there. I asked the person at the counter, and they said, "We won't be selling it in stores; you can order it online."

So, now I have to wait until tomorrow to hopefully get it at GameStop, unless it's an order-only game everywhere and I somehow missed this most important detail over the past year since it was announced. I only pray that I'll still be able to get the soundtrack by tomorrow; that's really the main reason I'm getting this, as opposed to spending my money on a game I haven't actually played yet.
1) That ain't no Wal-Mart you have there.

2) So I understand you'll fill out the "I bought the game for the soundtrack" option?

Neerb

Did anyone here who already has the game buy it in-store? Which store did you get it at?

Also, I'm worried; Club Nintendo says the soundtrack will be available to people who register by midnight Pacific time on June 20th. So, does that mean I have only a couple hours left, or does it mean I have over 20 hours left?