News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

You know what they could make that would sell?

Started by The Riddler, March 06, 2012, 01:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 13, 2012, 01:29:32 AM
there is literally no strategy whatsoever to any in game battles
Try saying that while fighting Cynthia with an underleveled team of Pokemon that are all slower than Garchomp and all get OHKO'd or 2HKO'd. >_>;

zephilicious

~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on March 13, 2012, 01:29:32 AM
there is literally no strategy whatsoever to any in game battles
Wow. I literally have no words for this.

If you think that the only way to handle in-game battles is to hit with attacking moves until they faint, you're dead wrong and I feel terribly sorry for you. If you breed a Pokemon that gets its fun out of using Dragon Dance to power up its offense or Cosmic Power to stall defensively, that's its strategy. If you're using a bulkier, more defensive Pokemon, you're gonna want to have the fun of using Iron Defense, Toxic, etc. like you would competitively. It loses its fun when you can kill something with a single shot of your only attacking move, if your strategy is something completely different.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

Of course its not the only way, its simply the only necessary way because anything more is overkill

there's just no point in doing anything else against an opponent that never switches and picks most of their moves randomly
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on March 13, 2012, 12:31:47 PM
Of course its not the only way, its simply the only necessary way because anything more is overkill

there's just no point in doing anything else against an opponent that never switches and picks most of their moves randomly
...You know, the AI is a bit smarter than that.

I know the Elite Four (and many other high-level NPCs) have a history of switching out to a flying/levitating Pokemon if you use Dig. They'll also switch if your Pokemon is unaffected by their entire moveset (Caitlin's Musharna knows four Psychic-type moves, and she'll switch it out if you use a Dark-type.)

Not as much as a real person switching, but they do more than you give them credit for.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

5 generations in, the AI still makes absolutely no attempt to predict what you're going to do which is pretty much the entire point of the metagame

why spend 4 or 5 turns building up a strategy that the AI wont bother to avoid when I can just switch to a super effective pokemon, take them out in one hit, and the AI still wont bother to avoid it.
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: zephilicious on March 13, 2012, 12:45:42 PM
5 generations in, the AI still makes absolutely no attempt to predict what you're going to do which is pretty much the entire point of the metagame

why spend 4 or 5 turns building up a strategy that the AI wont bother to avoid when I can just switch to a super effective pokemon, take them out in one hit, and the AI still wont bother to avoid it.
I don't know what the hell game you were playing, then. That's all I gotta say.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: zephilicious on March 13, 2012, 11:29:51 AM
compared to pvp anyway
I cannot argue against this.

Quote from: Pennington on March 13, 2012, 12:36:23 PM
...You know, the AI is a bit smarter than that.

I know the Elite Four (and many other high-level NPCs) have a history of switching out to a flying/levitating Pokemon if you use Dig. They'll also switch if your Pokemon is unaffected by their entire moveset (Caitlin's Musharna knows four Psychic-type moves, and she'll switch it out if you use a Dark-type.)

Not as much as a real person switching, but they do more than you give them credit for.
O_O

OMG! That explains so much...

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 13, 2012, 02:27:59 PM
O_O

OMG! That explains so much...
As sarcastic as that looked at first glance, I can't help but think you're serious.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 13, 2012, 02:41:26 PM
As sarcastic as that looked at first glance, I can't help but think you're serious.
I never really thought about that or checked its moveset, okay? >_____>;

Zero

Quote from: Pennington on March 12, 2012, 02:33:39 PM
Or you can just use Pokesav to make your life easier. I've done it before, but I try to avoid guilt by not doing anything on there that I couldn't just do myself (albeit taking much more time to do so).

I acquire the Pokemon's parents and breed them normally, then I upload the offspring, correct its IVs a bit (I'm not enough of a dick to do full 31s), and give it EVs there before sending it back to my game. Then I train it up from level 1.

I've done IV breeding before, and while the results are something to be proud of, it's pure hell. Plus, B/W changed the Wi-Fi battle system so you can no longer do IV battles. To be honest, spending days breeding a competitively acceptable Pokemon just sucked all the fun out of it. I don't feel like I'm cheating with the way I Pokesav, since I'm just cutting a process from a few hours down to a few minutes. That way I can feed my craving for perfection, then just train the Pokemon up without a hassle like I did back in the simpler times of gens I-III.

Also, I don't really even use the Pokesav Pokemon in competitive battling; they're more because competitive battling has tainted me to the point where I'm not exactly comfortable training a Pokemon in a newer game that's not living up to its full potential, but now I can take all the blood, sweat, and tears out of making them near-perfect. Plus, there's the resulting satisfaction of getting a Pokemon to level 100 and seeing that its Attack or HP is as high as it could possibly be.

I used Pokesav until the advent of Battle Simulators. There isn't much point to Pokesav for me anymore outside of generating a team for an irl tournament, and even if the teams I make pass the legality checker, ignorant people get rather pissy when they find out you generated your pokemon to have perfect IVs instead of enduring the hell they went through to obtain their team.

I'm not really sure why you're telling me to use Pokesav, you know I have a history with Pokesav. We've had several discussions on it.

Kayo

Quote from: Michio Kaku on March 13, 2012, 06:50:33 PM
I used Pokesav until the advent of Battle Simulators. There isn't much point to Pokesav for me anymore outside of generating a team for an irl tournament, and even if the teams I make pass the legality checker, ignorant people get rather pissy when they find out you generated your pokemon to have perfect IVs instead of enduring the hell they went through to obtain their team.

I'm not really sure why you're telling me to use Pokesav, you know I have a history with Pokesav. We've had several discussions on it.
Actually, I most likely forgot about that when I made that post.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Zero

Hero_of_Darkness

Since we were talking about the in-game trainers, I just saw somebody playing, and a Claydol used Skill Swap on a Slaking...