News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Chibi-Robo

Started by Tupin, June 30, 2012, 05:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Anyone here play either of the games? I played a bit of the GCN one when it first came out and wondered why more people haven't. Probably because it was such a late release.

For some reason, the DS sequel was a Wal-Mart exclusive that sold terribly and wasn't as good as the original, though playing through it, I am enjoying myself. Shame neither the NPC! version or the second DS game left Japan...

Still need to find a good condition copy of the GCN version, only rented it before.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Kayo

It's a darn shame GameStop doesn't carry pre-owned GCN games anymore. I absolutely loved being able to look through periodically for new stuff and see what gems I could find.

Chibi-Robo was one of the games I was looking for every time I was there and I think the only one I never actually found. 'Tis depressing. I've never played it before but I really want to. To the Internet!
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Tupin

Quote from: Kayo on June 30, 2012, 07:09:08 PM
It's a darn shame GameStop doesn't carry pre-owned GCN games anymore. I absolutely loved being able to look through periodically for new stuff and see what gems I could find.

Chibi-Robo was one of the games I was looking for every time I was there and I think the only one I never actually found. 'Tis depressing. I've never played it before but I really want to. To the Internet!
Mine still does. In fact, I went into one that said they had one in stock online, but when I got there, it was gone. I'll probably get it from Amazon.

The only thing more depressing was that Chibi-Robo and Odama, both good games, were ignored when they came out because retailers just wanted to get rid of the GCN.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Gamestops won't accept GCN games as trade ins, they'll sell them if they have them in their inventory though.

Neerb

One of my GameStops had Chibi-Robo a week ago for $5 or so. It's probably still there. Maybe I should pick it up now that I have some cash.

Zero

Quote from: Trevelyan on July 01, 2012, 11:13:15 AM
One of my GameStops had Chibi-Robo a week ago for $5 or so. It's probably still there. Maybe I should pick it up now that I have some cash.

You may as well. GCN games are only going to get rarer.

Kayo

Quote from: Z on June 30, 2012, 10:43:05 PM
Gamestops won't accept GCN games as trade ins, they'll sell them if they have them in their inventory though.
Mine hasn't had them out on display in forever. I'm assuming they had a nice sale (buy one get one free or something) which cleared the shelves within the few weeks I didn't go there.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]