News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

do you ever get the feeling that your life was stunted?

Started by ME86, July 09, 2015, 06:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ME86

i feel like i've just thrown away the past five years or so after leaving high school and it gives me a truly terrible feeling at the bottom of my stomach.  i feel like i've finally got a plan in mind, but in some ways i feel like i'm trying to do what a normal person would be doing at nineteen or twenty, not twenty-four when i can realistically put these plans into place.  i don't know, maybe i shouldn't see it this way as it'll just get me down even more.

Nayrman

I know the feel. I'm 25, three years after college and I'm still horribly depressed, living at home and still can't find work in the slightest. I feel like I've literally wasted the last three plus years of my life doing nothing of value or importance. Hitting bottom hard again and starting to lose it mentally.

Zero

All common feelings. Don't feel ashamed of them. If you're the type of person to pay attention to other people's lives on say, Facebook or something, then my suggestion is avoid doing that. Focus on you. Not everyone goes through life at the same pace. Your life is yours and for the most part, it is what you make it. You can sit around depressed, or you can be proactive about things. Easier said than done and all that, but I've been doing much better myself recently. I was horribly depressed and aimless after my mother died in March. Lost all enjoyment in everything and just absorbed myself into work after I settled for a job I felt I was overqualified for. I still have those life plans I shared before, but at the same time its not going as quickly as I had hoped so I do have plenty to be anxious about.

That said, you just have to keep at it. Things only get worse if you let that negativity take hold of you. I am not really one to talk or anything as I've only just recently been feeling better, but hey.

Also, never give up.

viewtifulboy

So I'm not the only one then.  That's good to know. =(
Quote from: Flying Chickens on February 27, 2013, 06:31:42 PM
Very clever of him, but hacker forgot the key difference.

私は肥満女だ

whatwewishfor

Quote from: Nayrman on July 09, 2015, 06:32:00 PM
I know the feel. I'm 25, three years after college and I'm still horribly depressed, living at home and still can't find work in the slightest. I feel like I've literally wasted the last three plus years of my life doing nothing of value or importance. Hitting bottom hard again and starting to lose it mentally.
whatever

Super

You pretty much described how I am. I feel like I haven't done anything worthwhile personally in the past like five years.

PsychoYoshi

Let me tell you the story of a certain health care student and what happened to him this spring.

After a really poopty spring term where nothing was going right (not liking his career choice in general, instructors forcing him to retake a term because they didn't like his guts, intercourse head of a boyfriend not only rips out his heart but stomps on it and incinerates it afterward), this health care student found himself actively suicidal. I'm not talking social justice Tumblrina-esque "a guy said he didn't like my hair color, muh feels" suicidal, I'm talking actively-calculating-a-lethal-dose-of-Benadryl-so-that-he-Torsades suicidal. If things are as bad for you as they were for this student, get help. No sarcasm or any judgment intended. Get help.

If it's just regret, know that regret means nothing unless you channel it into action. If you feel that you've wasted this time, work on self-improvement. Get up and go to the gym or, hell, just take a mile walk a few times a week. Read a book. Find a hobby that forces you out of the house and to connect with other people. Volunteer at a charity you think highly of. The worst part is overcoming your lack of inertia. Once you're moving, you keep moving.

This is the problem with the modern educational system: it inculcates this myth that we're all special snowflakes who are all going to be astronauts when we grow up. We're not, but you don't need to be Someone to be a kind, decent person who is not just a waste of oxygen. So long as you (honestly) try your best and you have people who care for you, your life has intrinsic value. Never forget that.

JrDude

This thread makes me sad for my old friends of NSFCD.
Mainly for the fact that you guys are having hard times in life, but also because, this was almost me.
If it wasn't for my Grandmother introducing me to my passion of dance, I would have never been where I am now.
Though I'm not necessarily making bank, I am making a decent amount of money. Enough to live.
I'm also working my way up the ranks of my job to eventually become a manager and own my own studio. When will that happen? I have no idea, but I am in no real rush, as the journey so far is fun.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Silverhawk79

I feel like I could have done so much more by now. I mean, my job is great and all, but...I don't know. I've felt kind of aimless and unfocused since my mom died last year, plus my grandpa died too. It intercourse ed me up.

Custom

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on October 31, 2015, 11:44:52 AM
I feel like I could have done so much more by now. I mean, my job is great and all, but...I don't know. I've felt kind of aimless and unfocused since my mom died last year, plus my grandpa died too. It intercourse ed me up.
wanna be in a band together

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!