News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Bayonetta

Started by JrDude, December 29, 2015, 03:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

So I've been hearing all of this stuff on how good Bayonetta is, especially 2, also Smash Bros. So I bought it a little while ago. Basically a little Christmas Present to myself.
A lot less risque than I thought so far, but a lot more fun than I thought it would be too. I suck at it, I die a lot, but I'm enjoying it. My head is currently figured, "If I'm hitting this monster that is my size, he's not going to hit me because he flinches every hit," even when I clearly see he's about to attack. It just isn't obvious yet.
It hasn't hooked me in yet. Nothing called out, "PLAY ME PLAY ME" so I play it sparingly. The latest thing I did is the first chapter to have Paradisio. Fuck, you can walk on the nothing? Lucky for that part I sucked.
But the cutscenes mixing into gameplay is kind of cool, and kind of, "WAIT, I WAS ENJOYING THAT, NOW I GOTTA JUMPFUCKIDIED."
Honestly, my first impression way back when was that this game looked like 0% fun.
But yeah. What do you guys think of these games? Hoping for a 3rd?
[move][/move]
Dude .

viewtifulboy

I think they're made by Platinumgames and thus are amazing.  That you didn't think it would be fun as hell after rave reviews for years is puzzling.
Quote from: Flying Chickens on February 27, 2013, 06:31:42 PM
Very clever of him, but hacker forgot the key difference.

私は肥満女だ

Custom

I've been meaning to check these games out. I have bayo 1+2 for Wii U but I haven't played them yet

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Super

Hack 'n slash with style!

So sugoi!!!

Zero

Quote from: JrDude on December 29, 2015, 03:15:45 AM
Honestly, my first impression way back when was that this game looked like 0% fun.
But yeah. What do you guys think of these games? Hoping for a 3rd?

I've 100%'d both. Love stylish action games. They are my lifeblood. Glad you came around.

My best advice is to recognize that part of the gameplay is the "mastery" of the game. I have loads of fun mastering these games and stylishly dispatching foes, so until you get at the very least "adept" you're not going to see the beauty behind this type of game. Keep at it with the genre and it'll build upon itself. It's not like I was out of the womb SSS Ranking Dante Must Die mode.

If you find yourself getting mad or not improving, take a small break but not too large a break otherwise you'll get stale.

Custom

i'm playing it now it's like devil may cry and i like devil may cry

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!