News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Shadow the Hedgehog [My version]

Started by gamemasterdevil, October 14, 2007, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamemasterdevil

Okay, this is basically the Shadow the Hedgehog game plot, but my version of how it goes. Fan characters are allowed [Please PM me if you'd like a fan character to make an appearance in future chapters].

So, I've already got 8 chapters done, but this fic is far from finished. So, I'll be posting one chapter a day until the last finished one, and then I'll try and get the others up as fast as possible.

Be warned!! There is swearing [which will probably be dumbed down extensively due to the filtering >>]

So, without further ado, here is the prologue [which is basically the opening cutscene] and chapter 1!!

Enjoy ^^

Prologue:

"Who am I?" A lone, black hedgehog with crimson-red stripes stood on the outskirts of Westopolis, a newspaper blowing into his leg. He looked down at it. It read for its headline. "Fire in the Sky Festival! 50 year old comet returns this month!"

The hedgehog looked back up as the newspaper was blown away from him. An image entered his head...

"Shadow ran, as fast as he could, holding Maria's hand.

They stopped, and Maria encapsulated Shadow within an evacuation tube, forcing him into it.

GUN soldiers ran in, holding their weapons. They aimed it at Maria.

Maria took one last glance at Shadow, then the sound of a gun was heard, and she fell to the ground, dead.

"Maria!"

... He looked up. "My own name haunts me... Shadow the hedgehog..."

A rumble of thunder could be heard, and Shadow looked up, seeing ominous red clouds swirl into a hurricane-like formation, a white light emanating from the hole in the middle.

Creatures, alien in appearance, fell from the ground into Westopolis. They began destroying everything in their path.

Shadow turned away and began walking away from Westopolis. "I don't have time for those humans..."

"Shadow..."

Shadow's eyes widened slightly, and he became tense. He turned around, and an evil-looking creature stood before him. He was mostly brown, and had a sickle hanging from him like a pendulum. Odd designs were on his body, and his hand seemed to be disconnected from his body altogether.

"The promised time is coming..." The creature said. "Bring the 7 chaos emeralds to me."
Shadow looked at the creature. "Who are you?! And how do you know I'm Shadow?!"

"I am Black Doom. All will be made clear once you bring me the 7 chaos emeralds."

Black Doom disappeared, and several small explosions were made around Shadow, startling him.

Shadow looked down. "Just what was that all about. If he knows who I am, then he must have answers to my past... And the only way I'm going to find it out is if I get those chaos emeralds!"

He took off, his anti-gravity shoes allowing him to skate. He skated towards Westopolis, hoping to find Black Doom there.

Chapter 1:

Shadow entered Westopolis, jumping from the roof of a building, and falling down into large hole, where a few bridges were. He dodged the bridges, passing them by, and skating over the large hole in the broken street above him after landing.

When he got to the other side, he saw a few GUN Soldiers, and alien-like creatures fighting.

"I'll kill them all," he thought, and ran forward, aiming a punch at the nearest GUN soldier, channeling destructive Chaos energy into the punch, and killing the soldier.

The soldier moaned, and then dropped his gun, falling to the ground, dead. It was a standard pistol, grey, and still had plenty of bullets left.

Shadow looked at it. "Hmm..." He picked it up with his right hand. "I could use this..." He looked up at a bat-like alien creature. Without thinking, Shadow aimed, and shot at the creature, killing it.

"Perfect..." Shadow began skating through the city again. He had passed only a few streets before he saw Sonic the Hedgehog. "Sonic..."

Sonic was fighting alongside GUN. He spin-dashed into an alien, hitting it, and then dropkicking it, spin-dashing again, and killing it after smashing into it again. He landed, and got hit by an alien holding their version of a pistol. He fell.

A GUN soldier fired his pistol at the alien, but that alien dodged, and killed the soldier.

Shadow aimed, and fired his pistol, killing the alien, green blood falling out of it as it fell, dead.

Sonic looked over. "Yo! Shadow! Long time no see!" He ran over.

Shadow grumbled a hello to Sonic.

"These black creatures are tryin' to destroy the city. C'mon! Let's you and me show 'em a thing or two, eh?"

Shadow nodded.

"Heh, knew you'd see it my way! C'mon!" Sonic said, revving up his legs, and speeding off, Shadow right behind him. The came to a street that had fallen down, and a cage with a red barrier was right by a spring.

Aliens and GUN soldiers were fighting. Sonic and Shadow both jumped up, and performed a homing attack, killing the last alien that GUN was fighting.

"Heh, hey! A chaos emerald!" Sonic said, the chaos emerald appearing as the red barrier faded.

Shadow ran over, and grabbed it.

"Alright, c'mon!" Sonic said, jumping onto the spring.

Shadow followed.

"Heh, you're sure talkative, eh?" Sonic asked.
"I'm just... Thinking..." Shadow said.

"Shadow..."

"Wha?" Shadow looked around, and then saw an eye a few feet away. "Black Doom?"
"Who?" Sonic asked.

"Nothing..." Shadow said, turning away. He wanted to join Black Doom, but Sonic was a formidable opponent. "I'll wait..."

"Then let's keep going," Sonic said, racing ahead. He bumped into a few aliens, and jumped up, spin-dashing in the air, and performing a homing attack. He did this rapidly, killing the two aliens he had encountered, and landed as Shadow caught up.

"Sorry..." Shadow said, now ahead of Sonic, who ran right behind him.

They came to a ditch, and GUN robots were in the way.

"Looks like I'm gonna hafta destroy them," Sonic said, jumping up, performing homing attacks on the GUN robots, destroying them while Shadow effortlessly crossed the gap, his shoes allowing him to hover in the air.

When Sonic landed, Shadow was already reloading his pistol.

"Y'know, you're lucky you have those shoes," Sonic said.
"Hmph..." Shadow said.

They ran, side-by-side, through the city, letting GUN fight some of the aliens.

"So, you need the chaos emeralds, eh? Any reason why?" Sonic asked.
"I don't need to tell you why," Shadow said darkly.

"Suit y'self," Sonic said cockily, dodging a laser beam that fell from the sky. "Damn! Those black aliens just won't give up!"

Shadow rolled to the side, dodging one.

"Hey, check this out Shadow!" Sonic said, holding up a machine gun that was dropped by its dead user. "Here!" He tossed Shadow the machine gun.

Shadow caught it, and examined it. He saw a black alien, and shot at it, shooting three bullets rapidly. The alien died.

"... Thanks," Shadow said.
"No problem!" Sonic said. "Now c'mon!"

Shadow followed Sonic, and came across a large, destroyed part of the city where GUN and the aliens were fighting.

"GUN looks like they need some help," Sonic said. "Let's go!"

Before Sonic or Shadow could do anything, there was a large fireball of energy that killed all the GUN soldiers and the aliens.

"Holy poop..." Sonic said. "Who did that?"

A black and blue striped female hedgehog landed on the ground, chaos energy wrapped around her right hand. It disappeared as she realized that she had killed off everything.

Shadow looked at the girl oddly. "I've... Seen her... Before..."
"Say wha?" Sonic said, turning to look at Shadow.

"Memories..." Shadow fell to one knee, holding his head as a memory came to him.

"Shadow... What do you think Earth is like?" Rose asked, glancing at Shadow.
"I don't know..." Shadow said. "Maria said it's a great place to live..."

Rose nodded. "Yeah. I want to go there someday..."

"The professor said that we will... He said that we both have a purpose down there..." Shadow replied.

"What purpose is that?" Rose asked.

"He said we had to meet someone... And he said that we need to help that someone save the Earth..." Shadow said.

"I wonder who that is..." Rose said.
"

Shadow stood up, that name hitting him like a hammer hitting an anvil. "Her name is Rose..."

"Rose? Shadow... How the hell do you know her?" Sonic asked.
"I saw her... I knew her while on the Ark," Shadow said.

"Well, glad to see your memories comin' back," Sonic said. "Let's go an' talk to 'er." He jogged towards who Shadow claimed was called Rose. "Hey there! Nice job."

"Huh?" The female hedgehog turned to look at Sonic. "Thanks... Who are you?"
"Me? I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!" Sonic said.

"I'm Rose Petalbloom," Rose said.
Sonic looked slightly shocked. "Do you by chance... Know someone by the name of Shadow?"

"Shadow?! Where is he?!" Rose asked, her eyes widening.
"Whoa, calm down there. He's right behind me," Sonic said, pointing a thumb at Shadow.

"Shadow!" Rose said, running, and hugging Shadow. "I'm so glad you're okay! I didn't think you'd make it to Earth!"

"You know me?" Shadow asked, faintly blushing out of surprise.
"... Don't you remember me Shadow?" Rose asked.

"I have a memory... Rose... Do you know someone by the name of Black Doom?" Shadow asked.

Rose nodded. "Yeah. He told me that if I wanted to fulfill my purpose... That I should get all the chaos emeralds, and bring them to him..."

"I see... I'm to do the same... Except my reason is to regain my lost past..." Shadow said.
"You forgot everything?" Rose asked.

"I only remember... When Maria died..." Shadow said.
"Oh... Well... I'll help you!" Rose said, releasing Shadow from her embrace.

"I'm still here you two," Sonic said with a chuckle. "Count me in too! I dunno who Black Doom is, but, I'll help ya get the chaos emeralds!"

Shadow and Rose both nodded. "Then let's get going," Shadow said, and skated off, Rose and Sonic behind him.

"Hey, you're pretty fast," Sonic said.
Rose smiled. "Yeah, I've always been fast, but not as fast as Shadow."

Sonic nodded. "Heh, I see."

The three hedgehogs jumped up from a ledge created from a street falling, and saw a chaos emerald.

"Hey, there's a chaos emerald!" Sonic said. He jumped up, spin-dashing towards the emerald, and grabbed it. "Heh, alright!"

"That Sonic guy's a lot like us, isn't he?" Rose asked, walking towards Sonic with Shadow.

Shadow nodded, reloading his machine gun. "He can use the chaos emeralds too..."
"He can?" Rose asked. "But... Gerald said that only we two could use them, and harness their powers."

"We're both wrong," Shadow said, a faint memory coming into his head again. He pushed it away. "I'm going to find out why someday..."

Rose nodded. "Maybe the Ark'll have some answers."
"Yes... If we ever get that far..." Shadow said.
Heya. If y'know me, send me a PM. It'd be nice t'see some old friends around here...