News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Which insturment should I take?

Started by Lotos, October 21, 2007, 07:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

Gwen Khan

how about one a little less Cliché? I see so many people that play Guitar and/or Bass

Harry

Kaz

Quote from: Harry on October 23, 2007, 07:23:14 AM
Bass because it sounds better.

eh? Most people hardly notice the bass on its own in music. And it's not really a matter of which "sounds better" because they both have their places.

Anyway, why ask us? Decide for yourself, Lotos. I play the guitar myself, but that doesn't mean I won't pick up the bass sometime in the future.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Harry

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on October 23, 2007, 02:17:00 PM

eh? Most people hardly notice the bass on its own in music. And it's not really a matter of which "sounds better" because they both have their places.

Anyway, why ask us? Decide for yourself, Lotos. I play the guitar myself, but that doesn't mean I won't pick up the bass sometime in the future.
The guitar is so generic. Maybe what we need is a solo bass player. I just see the bass as the underpinning of the whole song (in songs where the bass is even played, obviously).

Kaz

Quote from: Harry on October 24, 2007, 02:16:25 PM
Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on October 23, 2007, 02:17:00 PM

The guitar is so generic. Maybe what we need is a solo bass player. I just see the bass as the underpinning of the whole song (in songs where the bass is even played, obviously).

How is the guitar "generic?" It's the staple of rock. It's just as important as the bass is, if not more.

You're just playing favorites.

Jono2

Bass.  Simply put, I like it more.

depends what the situation is though.  if you're just playing for kicks and giggles, guitar would probably be more fun.  if you're playing in a band with an E. Piano, alot of the time the piano can cover the base line.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Harry

Kaz

Quote from: Harry on October 25, 2007, 06:49:10 AM
Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on October 24, 2007, 09:45:13 PM
How is the guitar "generic?" It's the staple of rock.
Exactly.

Oh, so you're one of those people who tries to be different by generalizing music. ^-^