News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Mario Strikers Charged Review

Started by WiseWarrior, November 06, 2007, 12:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiseWarrior

This is my second review, and I know it doesn't have any pics, sorry about that, but I tried.  :P

I don't really care for soccer, but I decided to take a chance by getting Super Mario Strikers. It was tons of fun, and while I still don't like real soccer any more, I was very addicted to that game. After hearing that Mario Strikers Charged would have WiFi, I knew that it would be a must buy.

Charged it a vast improvement over it predecessor with better graphics, gameplay, and lots more fun. The first thing you'll probably want to do is jump online, but as I learned that isn't a good idea. While I may be able to beat people like [wt]Bug on a consistant basis now, it takes lots of practice before you should expect to be elite online. For players who are new, Mario Strikers Charged offers a practice mode where you can master the basics of the game. After this it's a good idea to go do the main 1 player mode-Road To The Striker Cup.

The road is a lot more difficult than in the first Strikers, so it'll really help you to brush up on your skills. Unfortunately, it does not last that long, so if you don't have WiFi you miss out on a lot. Basically RTTSK has a set number of games to each cup (Fire, Crystal and Striker) which you must play, and then the top players to into a single elimination game which if you win you get to challenge to the cup champ. Overall a lot of fun, but not to lengthy. Other than that, there are a few other modes which might catch your interest. The trophy room, which holds your spoils of victory; Challenge Mode, which has a task for each individual player, and a few more. MSC has not really taken a step up for single player, so like I said before, if you don't have WiFi you miss out on a lot.

As I've said a lot, WiFi is the meat of this game, and it's very addictive. You have two choices when you first connect-Friendly Match or Domination Draft, the first pits you against your friends which you have registered via Friend Code, while the latter allows you to play people all over the world. The matches here are random, so you could go against someone to houses away, or two countries away. The online leaderboard-which shows the top players based on points- works very well, though you sometimes see people with records like 52-41 ahead of people with 30-2 records simply because they've played more. So a leaderboard based on wins would have been a nice addition.

Now this is what makes the game so fun-the many things you can do to play. You have 12 captains and 8 sidekicks, and can choose any combination, unlike SMS, which you could only have three of one type. Each character has unique stats and their own cool moves. To do good at this game you must fully utilize each characters special talent. Charged also allows all kinds of tricks-such as the Belgium Waffle, Serve-It-In, and many others, which while they can be difficult to pull off, are very rewarding. Overall Mario Strikers Charged is a great game for the whole family to enjoy, with its great multi-player, and fun modes. I highly suggest buying this gem.

Scores: (Not an average)
Gameplay: 9/10
WiFi: 9.5/10
Single Player: 7.5/10
Graphics: 8/10
Stadium Graphics: 8/10
Character Graphics: 8/10
Sound: 8.5/10
In-Game Music: 9/10
Menu Music: 6/10
Replayability: 10/10
WiFi, Multi-Player: 10/10
Single Player: 8.5/10
Fun: 10/10

Overall: 9/10

Allegretto

RedYoshi

Yeah, you don't have to like soccer to enjoy Mario Strikers Charged! :)
Will edit sig later...:P