DS
0 (0%)
Wii & DS both
0 (0%)
Not getting it
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Nayrman

Well, I got all the Red Rings and finished every level in the Game Land Arcade.

[spoiler] Super Sonic is intercourse ing awesome. A bit iffy to control in 3D, but since most of the game is 2D it's all good. Invincibility and auto-point up is really cool, and the infinite boost doesn't hurt either.[/spoiler]

So, that's another game 100%'ed. *plays Sonic Colors more while waiting for Donkey Kong*

JrDude

I just got Super Sonic, and I am disappointed. I played through every level again just to try him out. You can't use any other wisps, and there are a few levels that literally won't let you get the 50 rings required, I got every ring in one of the Candy Land levels, and it stopped at 49 exactly, and there are many other rings but they are blocked off by Blue Blocks, they taunt you too, "Haha, there's plenty of 10 ring rings, but you can't reach us."
Also, you can't use him in any boss fights, which isn't too bad since it would just make you invincible and you'd possibly win too easily.
Also, it's not really that fun to play as him IMO, it's just a slightly faster Sonic with infinite boost and can't get hurt, he also only has 1 jump, which jumps exactly as high as regular Sonic when he does his double jump.

Another thing, I watched some of your "first look at Sonic Colors" Nayr, and I stopped near the part where you said "you can just stop at the end of the level and wait for Super Sonic to end and you'll get an S rank" which I believed, but since the time goes down so much and you end up with 0 rings, it doesn't really help your score at all.
Hell, many levels as Super Sonic, I got worse than my regular sonic run grade.

Also, the repetitiveness of the music got annoying pretty quickly.

I am disappointed I wasted my time finding all those red rings, I DIDN'T EVEN USE A GUIDE I WAS SO EXCITED.
Though those little bonus levels in the Sonic Arcade thing were fun, can you be Super Sonic in there? I never tried.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Nayrman

Quote from: JrDude 益 on December 06, 2010, 05:55:11 PM
I just got Super Sonic, and I am disappointed. I played through every level again just to try him out. You can't use any other wisps, and there are a few levels that literally won't let you get the 50 rings required, I got every ring in one of the Candy Land levels, and it stopped at 49 exactly, and there are many other rings but they are blocked off by Blue Blocks, they taunt you too, "Haha, there's plenty of 10 ring rings, but you can't reach us."
Also, you can't use him in any boss fights, which isn't too bad since it would just make you invincible and you'd possibly win too easily.
Also, it's not really that fun to play as him IMO, it's just a slightly faster Sonic with infinite boost and can't get hurt, he also only has 1 jump, which jumps exactly as high as regular Sonic when he does his double jump.

Another thing, I watched some of your "first look at Sonic Colors" Nayr, and I stopped near the part where you said "you can just stop at the end of the level and wait for Super Sonic to end and you'll get an S rank" which I believed, but since the time goes down so much and you end up with 0 rings, it doesn't really help your score at all.
Hell, many levels as Super Sonic, I got worse than my regular sonic run grade.

Also, the repetitiveness of the music got annoying pretty quickly.

I am disappointed I wasted my time finding all those red rings, I DIDN'T EVEN USE A GUIDE I WAS SO EXCITED.
Though those little bonus levels in the Sonic Arcade thing were fun, can you be Super Sonic in there? I never tried.

The S-rank thing in levels basically applies to the full level ones, where there are a lot of rings.

Neerb

I got Sonic Colors the other day, and have now completed the story and must begin my red ring search.

I must say, this game is pretty fun. The story is almost non-existent (pretty disappointing due to my love for the lore of the series), multiplayer makes no sense (why couldn't it be Sonic and Tails, and why couldn't they do split-screen on a normal level?), and I must admit I'm disappointed that it's so much more 2D-platformer oriented than the 3D super speed levels of Unleashed Daytime. However, the game's still tons of fun (not a werehog in sight, and 2D has never been a weak point for Sonic), and I wouldn't mind if Sonic gameplay remained like this for future games. I like the new voice actors and dialog writers, too. I just hope future games can get back to Adventure-sized stories and multiple character gameplay (even if they do it like Sonic Advance where they're all basically the same).