News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

does anyone actually see WiiU being successful?

Started by The Riddler, January 07, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on April 02, 2012, 06:29:43 PM
Of course the WiiU should play DVD's and Blu-Rays (if it's actually using that storage medium). Making it less functional in the name of even a slight price drop is just kind of dumb. I love my PS3 because it means I don't also have to buy a Blu-Ray player as well. It just does that as well. If Nintendo doesn't want to go out of their way to say, make deals with every tech giant to get Hulu, and other media streaming devices, is fine, but they should at least let us do what the system can actually do. It's one of the major killing points of the Wii. The potential to do some of the things the others are doing are there, Nintendo is just holding it back for no reason whatsoever.
... But they are making deals with Hulu and Netflix.

Oh, and there's a rumor that the release date is November 18th, but I wouldn't call the source "reliable." Also, since I know someone will bring up the weaker than current-gen rumor, I just want to say that if there's a dev out there who would say something as silly as "the graphics aren't as powerful," I really don't care what they have to say. lol

Zero

Criticizing the wii U for not having the ability to play DVD's or Blu-rays is funny.

Nintendo has yet to have a console that does either. The Gamecube couldn't because of "piracy", the Wii couldn't for god knows why and the Wii U can't because the format is ancient and while Blu-rays are the new thing it really shouldn't matter anyway. We all have DVD players already. The console is a dedicated game machine. Functionality is great and all, but really, I have about 8 devices that can play DVD's. I think I'm fine.

Kayo

I actually wouldn't mind the Wii U having a blu-ray player. I mean, I only have an old-fashioned DVD player, and I really don't have plans to buy a blu-ray player, even though I'm most likely getting a Wii U.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

also i'd like to comment on the recent rumor that the Wii U is weaker than the 360/PS3

The source is anonymous. Gearbox, Epic, EA, and Ubisoft all say otherwise. I'd rather go with the professionals on this.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Not Sad Keanu on April 04, 2012, 08:52:29 AM
also i'd like to comment on the recent rumor that the Wii U is weaker than the 360/PS3

The source is anonymous. Gearbox, Epic, EA, and Ubisoft all say otherwise. I'd rather go with the professionals on this.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 03, 2012, 02:44:21 PM
... But they are making deals with Hulu and Netflix.

Oh, and there's a rumor that the release date is November 18th, but I wouldn't call the source "reliable." Also, since I know someone will bring up the weaker than current-gen rumor, I just want to say that if there's a dev out there who would say something as silly as "the graphics aren't as powerful," I really don't care what they have to say. lol

And, frankly, I don't know what the intercourse  is going on, so please just ignore everything.

I miss being 14 and not giving a poop. All of this insanity is making my hair gray.

Kayo

Remember when the Gamecube was the cool new thing everyone had?

Why can't it be 2001 again
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Kayo on April 04, 2012, 04:33:14 PM
Remember when the Gamecube was the cool new thing everyone had?

Why can't it be 2001 again
Because I don't want to be 9 again. Please no.

This is my 5,666th post. That says a lot, doesn't it?

Hero_of_Darkness

We can consider third-party support out, even for current gen ports. Nintendo can't even get intercourse ing Capcom to support the thing.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1222590p1.html?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Zero

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games

It's about what you'd expect from pre-launch line-up Hero.

Capcom refuses to take risks these days.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Z on April 10, 2012, 08:27:19 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games

It's about what you'd expect from pre-launch line-up Hero.

Capcom refuses to take risks these days.

RE:R on 3DS was a 10x bigger risk.

Zero

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Z on April 10, 2012, 09:00:02 AM
I have to politely disagree.
A high-budget horror game on a handheld? How is that not a risk? Plus, looking at its terrible sales, it obviously wasn't a safe bet.

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on April 10, 2012, 10:46:31 AM
A high-budget horror game on a handheld? How is that not a risk? Plus, looking at its terrible sales, it obviously wasn't a safe bet.

520k+ copies is not "terrible". It's a modest success. Not every game can be Kinect Adventures or New Super Mario Bros.

Basically what I'm getting at is that I highly doubt that it did not make a profit. There is no way that game cost Capcom upwards of 20 million to develop.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Z on April 10, 2012, 12:08:56 PM
520k+ copies is not "terrible". It's a modest success. Not every game can be Kinect Adventures or New Super Mario Bros.

Basically what I'm getting at is that I highly doubt that it did not make a profit. There is no way that game cost Capcom upwards of 20 million to develop.
Capcom gets maybe half of the retail price of each unit, so $10 million sounds more like what they got. I doubt the budget (including marketing) was much less than that.

On that note, would anyone buy a Wii U if it costs $399?

Zero