News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

The E3 2012 Info and Discussion Thread

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, May 23, 2012, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

This whole thread condensed looks like Hero's just pmsing.

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on June 06, 2012, 04:20:25 AM
Turns out Wii U is actually WEAKER than current-gen. The multiplat games on the show floor look and perform worse than the other versions.

Amazing, Nintendo. Just amazing. I can't wait to see this company go under.

Did you not read the posts, like, RIGHT before yours?

zephilicious

its a long hard fall from the optimistic standpoint he held back in march
~~ <3

Nayrman

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on June 06, 2012, 04:20:25 AM
Turns out Wii U is actually WEAKER than current-gen. The multiplat games on the show floor look and perform worse than the other versions.

Amazing, Nintendo. Just amazing. I can't wait to see this company go under.

Well, that pretty much kills any possible reason to buy the WiiU then. Main controller that only lasts about 5 hours tops, released six years after Xbox and still looks worse. So aside from Nintendo exclusives, nope, can't think of one reason to get this.

Yeah.... I can't see Nintendo surviving this one... not after showing what little they really have coming out of the gate for it.

Tupin

Maybe it's because they're still in development and will look better when released? Or they aren't used to programming for it yet?

Nintendo has a different market than they did in 2006, and some of their target audience has gotten used to $0.99 iOS games, and they are doing a horrible job at even saying that what they have is a new console. CNN reported that it was a Wii accessory, they barely have shown the console at at all.

Is showing a fitness game going to sell people a console, especially when it's available plenty of other places?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DededeCloneChris

For the love of god, stop the stupid hatedom this forum has.

http://kotaku.com/5916396/nintendos-president-gives-minimum-wii-u-price

It looks like the console might sell from $200 to $250, more or less.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on June 06, 2012, 04:23:53 PM

I still doubt it will be that cheap. I recently found out that final kits only went out two months ago, which might explain the performance issues with multiplats. Also, one game (Trine 2) apparently runs at 1080p versus 720p for the PS3 version. So, yeah, it's more powerful than current gen, but clearly not by a ton. Probably like the difference between PSP and 3DS. Actually, if those leaked specs are true, exactly that.

Also, no friend codes has been confirmed: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-nintendo/731556?

Kayo

Quote from: DededeCloneChris on June 06, 2012, 04:23:53 PM

I'd spend within that range.

Also, give Hero a few more days so he can stop bleeding and he'll be fine.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

A game I missed that was on the showroom floor, just found out from Phil Defranco - Animal Crossing's getting a new game.

zephilicious

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on June 06, 2012, 04:39:13 PM
Also, one game (Trine 2) apparently runs at 1080p versus 720p for the PS3 version.
that doesnt mean poop. the ps3 is notoriously hard to develop for, particularly when you're porting a game originally developed for pc.

ps3 is far, far more powerful than wii u.
~~ <3

zephilicious

Quote from: The Riddler on June 06, 2012, 06:01:43 PM
A game I missed that was on the showroom floor, just found out from Phil Defranco - Animal Crossing's getting a new port.

there is only one animal crossing game
~~ <3

Kayo

Hey, did you guys see all the new games they showcased at the 3DS conference?!
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Qsmash

A bunch of extended trailers of games we've already seen. No new announcements and nothing on Fire Emblem: Awakening being localized. Paper Mario looks good though.

Neerb

Quote from: Qsmash on June 06, 2012, 07:33:34 PM
A bunch of extended trailers of games we've already seen. No new announcements and nothing on Fire Emblem: Awakening being localized. Paper Mario looks good though.

Not according to IGN.

Also, Watch_Dogs is confirmed for 360, PS3, and PC, although a later Wii U release is "not out of the question."

Nayrman

Well at least we're getting the game we should've gotten that doesn't have Mario's face painfully slapped on it. Geez... the fact that I had to worry about it coming over here shows a lot about Nintendo right now.

And gotta love an interview with Reggie IGN has. They ask him about core gamers and core games, and he says part of it is getting all the third party games. He mentions three by name. Batman, Mass Effect 3, and Assassins Creed 3. Uh, Reggie, you DO know two of those are already out and anyone who's interested in them have more than likely already played them? He would then go on to talk about the online interactions being "very core" and all that... without outlining a single online strategy for any actual GAMES.

Seriously, are they TRYING to sabotage their own launch?

Qsmash

Quote from: Trevelyan on June 06, 2012, 07:41:45 PM
Not according to IGN.

Also, Watch_Dogs is confirmed for 360, PS3, and PC, although a later Wii U release is "not out of the question."
Bullpoop. They didn't even mention it.