News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: Z on February 12, 2013, 08:56:50 AM
So I think a dragon typing for this Pokemon might be a bit of a stretch. If you look at the rest of the eeveelutions down on the bottom right page, you see "less than" symbols between Espeon and Umbreon and then Umbreon and Leafeon. Only for those two. Which is weird.

What if this new Eeveelution is a new type that is weak to Dark and Grass? I don't know, I'm just throwing poop around at this point.
Uh, what? Those aren't "less than" symbols, they're the Japanese character "く", which along with whatever else is written there could simply represent the types of the known Eeveelutions. (If memory serves, the Japanese spelling of the Dark type uses that symbol in the games).
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

It's so intercourse ing ugly, like Leafeon. Everything up to Glaceon was awesome. This looks like crap. They better use the 'eon' on the end, though.

Also, I'm saying it's Normal Type. It doesn't scream flying, dragon, or anything of the such. Just looks like a plain normal type akin Chansey, Clefairy, Audino, Mincinno, etc.

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on February 12, 2013, 01:50:55 PM
They better use the 'eon' on the end, though.
Uh, did anyone honestly, even for a second, think they wouldn't?

QuoteAlso, I'm saying it's Normal Type. It doesn't scream flying, dragon, or anything of the such. Just looks like a plain normal type akin Chansey, Clefairy, Audino, Mincinno, etc.
It could very well be flying. I honestly wouldn't expect them to throw huge Pegasus wings onto an Eeveelution, for one. Two, we haven't had a pure Flying-type until Gen V, and even then it was just one, so they could likely be looking to make a few more--an Eeveelution is a perfect way to do this. Besides, the aforementioned pure Flying type doesn't possess wings of any sort (alternate forme aside), so it's a little late to use the "It doesn't have wings, it can't be a flying type" argument.

Not sure how to put this, but I'd imagine a Normal-type Eeveelution looking more... "normal" than this. It's just the ribbon-like features, etc. it has that make it look so different from Eevee...I'd just think a Normal Eeveelution would look a bit more similar to Eevee itself.

All that being said, it's more likely to be a Flying or Normal type than anything else. Or a new unreleased type. Which may be why they've taken special care to hide its typing, and also why they released this Pokemon so early. Whine all you want, I wouldn't quite put it past them to add one or two more that we'd just have to get used to.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Kayo on February 12, 2013, 01:03:29 PM
Uh, what? Those aren't "less than" symbols, they're the Japanese character "く", which along with whatever else is written there could simply represent the types of the known Eeveelutions. (If memory serves, the Japanese spelling of the Dark type uses that symbol in the games).

Oh. Interesting.

I'm not familiar with japanese text

Nayrman

Quote from: The Riddler on February 12, 2013, 01:50:55 PM
It's so intercourse ing ugly, like Leafeon. Everything up to Glaceon was awesome. This looks like crap. They better use the 'eon' on the end, though.

Also, I'm saying it's Normal Type. It doesn't scream flying, dragon, or anything of the such. Just looks like a plain normal type akin Chansey, Clefairy, Audino, Mincinno, etc.

They will once it gets it's english name. Remember, Flareon is Booster and Umbreon is Blacky in Japan.

Tornadus, the only pure flying type, doesn't have wings. Also, Doduo/Dodrio have the flying type without wings. It's been done before.

Wonder why the past year or so has had GF really interested in Eevee/lutions. It's like they finally realized people like the little critter and his other forms.

Zero

Considering Eevee merch has been really popular since GSC I'd be surprised if Gamefreak had only just recently realized it.

The Riddler

I didn't say a word about wings. Plenty of flying types don't. But they have other features that make them look like they belong in the sky. This one doesn't. It has the generic colors of a normal type.

Nayrman

Quote from: Z on February 12, 2013, 03:07:12 PM
Considering Eevee merch has been really popular since GSC I'd be surprised if Gamefreak had only just recently realized it.

It wouldn't surprise me considering they've been shilling that annoying yellow rat for the last 18 years we're all sick of. I still look for official Eevee merch in the states but it's all in Japan only, so I think it's still reasonable to assume they're just realizing his popularity.

Quote from: The Riddler on February 12, 2013, 03:14:39 PM
I didn't say a word about wings. Plenty of flying types don't. But they have other features that make them look like they belong in the sky. This one doesn't. It has the generic colors of a normal type.

Because it's pink? Exploud is purple and that's normal. Snorlax is white and blueish grey, and that's normal. Gorebyss (or however you spell it) and Luvdisc are completely pink and are water types. There really is no set patten for colors and physiology for pokemon anymore to really base it off of for typing to be honest. (Remember, Altaria = Dragon, Charizard != Dragon. Heh)

The Riddler

Okay, so using a couple of examples means that it's colors aren't generic to that type?

Generally, normal types are Pink and White.
Generally, water types are Blue.
Generally, fire types are red.

yes there are other colors for each one but it was generally speaking. stop being stupid and trying to pick apart what i said

Zero

Quote from: Nayrman on February 12, 2013, 03:20:46 PM
It wouldn't surprise me considering they've been shilling that annoying yellow rat for the last 18 years we're all sick of.

Who's we? Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot and that won't change. People love Pikachu. What are you talking about?

Nayrman

Quote from: The Riddler on February 12, 2013, 03:33:23 PM
Okay, so using a couple of examples means that it's colors aren't generic to that type?

Generally, water types are Blue.
Generally, fire types are red.

yes there are other colors for each one but it was generally speaking. stop being stupid and trying to pick apart what i said

Just because it's the average color pallete doesn't mean that it IS so. I was just merely showing that just because it's primarily pink doesn't mean it's normal type. Sheesh.

Quote from: Z on February 12, 2013, 03:40:01 PM
Who's we? Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot and that won't change. People love Pikachu. What are you talking about?

Oh, I know. I'm just tired of seeing it's face when it isn't even that good in the games and to be honest there isn't much special about it from other mons. Pikachu in it of itself is just fine. I'm just tired of seeing it. <_<;;

zephilicious

the fact that this is so contested is a pretty compelling argument in favor of a new type. every other eevee evolution is obvious at a glance.

not that i think we're getting a new type, but i'm less sure than i was yesterday
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: Nayrman on February 12, 2013, 03:05:16 PM
Wonder why the past year or so has had GF really interested in Eevee/lutions. It's like they finally realized people like the little critter and his other forms.
What do you mean by that? Unless it's something partially irrelevant to this, because I thought it was generally assumed that they'd be following a pattern of releasing a pair of new Eeveelutions each even-numbered generation. I've heard that said a whole lot and so far it holds true.

Quote from: The Riddler on February 12, 2013, 03:14:39 PM
So tell me what the generic colors of a flying type are. Oh, that's right. There are none.

Quote from: The Riddler on February 12, 2013, 03:33:23 PM

Now you're just plain talking out your ass, so I'm going to do this. There are 97 Normal-type Pokemon. Only 17 of them are in the Pink color category. Of those 17, nine of them are part of only three evolutionary families (Clefairy, Chansey, and Jigglypuff along with their relatives).

Here's the interesting part. Of those 97 Normal-type Pokemon, thirty-five of them are in the Brown color category, including our beloved Eevee. So why isn't Brown the "generic Normal-type color"? It's more than twice as populous as Pink.

Pink has never been a staple for Normal-type Pokemon; the only time it comes close is maybe if you were talking about only pure normal types (of which there are still a full 68) and you were only sticking to Generation I. But we're not.

Amendment: Maybe I should give credit to the seven White Normal-types, just for the sake of accuracy. Even with that included, it's not enough to defend your theory, though. Maybe the only place it has merit is the fact that of the 37 Pink Pokemon (not counting Ninfia) just under half of them are Normal types. Basically, Pink Pokemon are more often Normal than any other single type, but they're more likely to be a non-Normal type than Normal.

tl;dr Normal types are not "generally pink and white," factually speaking.

Quote from: zephilicious on February 12, 2013, 03:57:44 PM
the fact that this is so contested is a pretty compelling argument in favor of a new type. every other eevee evolution is obvious at a glance.

not that i think we're getting a new type, but i'm less sure than i was yesterday
I've been secretly hinting at this a bit in transparent text, not because I strongly think we'll get a new type, but because I don't think it's impossible at all for us to get a new one. Or two.
[move][/move]

Nayrman

Anyone else get the feeling that there may be a more "boyish" second eeveelution? I mean, not that GF hasn't had male feminine pokemon *coughGardevoircough* but this is incredibly feminine with the pink, hearts, bows/ribbons, etc. Just a thought.

The Riddler

I didn't say "it IS", I said I think it is. That's my call, my guess.'
Edit: Who gives a intercourse  about color group that thing  is intercourse ing dumb and inaccurate.