News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 18, 2013, 11:13:15 AM
There are two things that make me think we will not get any new types, and neither of them are "I hate change"

1. When Dark/Steel was introduced, Magnemite and Magneton were retyped to be part Steel. That was with 251 pokes at the time. Now with 649 pokes around, and a lot of people just comparing or grouping Sylveon with all the other pink normal types like Chansey or Clefairy, this "new type" would probably get all of those pokemon unecessarily retyped. It's essentially giving half the normal types out there a new type, so that's hardly a useful thing to do.

Considering normal types are complete poop bar Blissey/Chansey/Snorlax I'd wager that the re-typing would be more helpful than you think. Also, careful what words you use. Why would it be unnecessary to retype them? Was it necessary to retype Magnemite? Why didn't Voltorb get retyped? Voltorb is clearly not organic.

2. When Dark/Steel came out there were very few Pokemon with those types. And even now during 5th gen there aren't many of them. Even with types that have been around since gen 1, like Dragon. The type-chart is fine, that's all sorted and it works great. But for the pokes actually having each type, that aspect is severely unbalanced. 27 Ghost types for example, is insignificant to the 109 water types. And adding a new type to this unbalanced poop would just muddle things even further. If thing were much more balanced that they actually are I'd probably be expecting a new type as well, but they aren't. So I'm just not convinced.

The type chart is not "fine" and it has never been "fine". It's very imbalanced and its clear that Gamefreak hasn't cared about balance since they introduced Dark and Steel to balance Psychic, which was way too good in Gen I. I see what you're getting at. A new type would not have many pokemon to represent it. We have a poop ton of Water and Normal types, etc. etc. Still, none of that pushes speculation against a new type into a convincing direction

JrDude

Quote from: zephilicious on February 18, 2013, 09:45:25 AM
once again, the only argument the no new type camp has been able to come up with is I hate change.

almost everyone that's been following the thread has conceded that a new type is starting to look pretty darn likely.
And this post adds to my argument, you people are only reading what you want to read. I've read plenty of arguments against the new type.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Custom

Quote from: Z on February 18, 2013, 09:38:46 AM
Conquest, hard to find? It's intercourse ing everywhere here.

I remember a friend of mine wanted a physical copy around release and I had to go out and drive him to a bunch of stores. I think a Gamestop in a weird spot ended up getting a shipment in and we got one.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Zero

Quote from: Custom on February 18, 2013, 12:29:39 PM
I remember a friend of mine wanted a physical copy around release and I had to go out and drive him to a bunch of stores. I think a Gamestop in a weird spot ended up getting a shipment in and we got one.

cuhrayzee

its a pokemon game for intercourse 's sake

zephilicious

Quote from: JrDude 益 on February 18, 2013, 12:25:54 PM
And this post adds to my argument, you people are only reading what you want to read. I've read plenty of arguments against the new type.

fine. people have said there are already too many types, the types are perfectly balanced as is (???), and retyping old pokemon is bad.

aka change is bad.

on the other side, nobody is arguing that there should be a new type because we want a new type (whether or not we do is completely irrelevant, there are people on both sides of that opinion that agree a new type is likely). we're arguing that there is going to be a new type because game freak is throwing evidence in our faces.
~~ <3

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on February 18, 2013, 01:03:42 PM
fine. people have said there are already too many types, the types are perfectly balanced as is (???), and retyping old pokemon is bad.

aka change is bad.

on the other side, nobody is arguing that there should be a new type because we want a new type (whether or not we do is completely irrelevant, there are people on both sides of that opinion that agree a new type is likely). we're arguing that there is going to be a new type because game freak is throwing evidence in our faces.

how would someone even present an argument that isn't "change is bad" in a situation like this?
you could classify every argument ever against something new under "change is bad"
stop saying it jesus christ it's so annoying

Sirwaddy

Quote from: zephilicious on February 18, 2013, 01:03:42 PM
retyping old pokemon is bad.

aka change is bad.

No. Magnemite was changed because it is quite clearly a magnet, making it fit the steel type before there even was one. It needed that retyping.

Chansey and all those others people relate to Sylveon are perfectly fine as normal. There is no Pokemon that is in desperate need of retyping to this "new type". I am rejecting this idea of changing old Pokemon when they do not need to be.

That is not akakakakaka change is bad. It is this particular change is unnecessary.

zephilicious

Quote from: Custom on February 18, 2013, 01:14:51 PM
how would someone even present an argument that isn't "change is bad" in a situation like this?
you could classify every argument ever against something new under "change is bad"
stop saying it jesus christ it's so annoying
you cant and that's the point. there is literally nothing at all wrong with a new type.
~~ <3

Sirwaddy

Quote from: zephilicious on February 18, 2013, 01:24:02 PM
you cant and that's the point. there is literally nothing at all wrong with a new type.

Nor is there anything wrong with not adding a new type. Personal thoughts/opinions aside, both sides to this argument are completely valid at this point. It's a waiting game and no amount of speculation or "proof" is going to change what's likely to be revealed next month.

Zero

Quote from: Sirwaddy on February 18, 2013, 01:17:15 PM
No. Magnemite was changed because it is quite clearly a magnet, making it fit the steel type before there even was one. It needed that retyping.

Chansey and all those others people relate to Sylveon are perfectly fine as normal. There is no Pokemon that is in desperate need of retyping to this "new type". I am rejecting this idea of changing old Pokemon when they do not need to be.

That is not akakakakaka change is bad. It is this particular change is unnecessary.

Again, why was Magnemite's re-typing needed? Key word is need. Voltorb is clearly non-organic but he's still electric.

What constitutes a need? What criteria do you need?

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on February 18, 2013, 01:24:02 PM

are you dumb as intercourse ? seriously?
you realize if going HURR "CHANGE IS BAD" invalidated arguments against new things we'd be the most progressive society on earth right?
you should go marry your gosh darn cat because "change is bad" is an invalid argument and there are no negatives to intercourse ing your cat
don't reply with any argument against it that I could categorize under "change is bad" because that's invalid

zephilicious

we're not arguing that we want a type.

we're arguing that all evidence points strongly to the possibility, and you're arguing that that's wrong because you don't want it to be true.

what you should be looking for is evidence that sylveon matches an existing type, or that game freak would not add a new type. you have to counter the arguments not the conclusion.
~~ <3

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on February 18, 2013, 01:43:05 PM

we're arguing that all evidence points strongly to the possibility, and you're arguing that that's wrong because you don't want it to be true.

what you should be looking for is evidence that sylveon matches an existing type, or that game freak would not add a new type. you have to counter the arguments not the conclusion.

pretty much this

If it is anything other than a new type I will be surprised. Whatever happens, I'm sure I'll be cool with it.

I just want more than one new eeveelution intercourse  gamfreak FUCK

Custom

Quote from: zephilicious on February 18, 2013, 01:43:05 PM

i never said that there wasn't going to be a new type
i think that it's likely and thought most of my posts conveyed that

see here:
Quote from: Custom on February 16, 2013, 07:49:05 PM
no it isn't
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/xy/pokemon02/

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

the pink probably means a new type
UGHhghghh
in before something REALLY FUCKING DUMB like "love" type

i've been saying is that I don't want a new type
which is an opinion and something i'm entitled to, as are others
we've also been posting reasons why they shouldn't add a new type
i thought you were aware that most of those reasons were opinion? the fact that they exist means we acknowledged that a new type is a possibility. I don't think anyone but JrDude came out and said 100% NO NEW TYPES, THERE ABSOLUTELY WON'T BE ONE THERE ISN'T EVEN A 1% CHANCE