ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on May 12, 2013, 03:41:53 PM
Gen 5 Pokemon with good designs - disclaimer: a lot of their NAMES suck:
I find it laughable whenever people name fun of Gen V's names when they're the closest to Gen I naming conventions since Gen I itself. Think about it. In Gen I, a lot of evolutionary lines shared either the first or second half of their names (Charmander, -meleon, -izard; Bulba-, Ivy-, Venusaur, etc.) whereas in say, Gen III and IV, that similarity thing was extremely, extremely rare. It's back in Gen V with examples like Palpi- and Seismitoad, Eelektrik and -tross, and Vanillite, -ish, and -uxe. I personally like the return to that naming style.

And then Gen I had names like Slowpoke, Seel, Haunter, and Muk, and while they hold nostalgic significance now, when new Pokemon are released with equally simple names people get their panties in a knot. (Throh and Sawk we see as awful names but they're really not too far from Gen I naming styles)

Quote from: The Riddler on May 12, 2013, 04:35:25 PM
Gen 1: 146
Gen 2: 57
Gen 3: 66
Gen 4: 31
Gen 5: 63

darn I have high standards
Nostalgia-colored-glasses detected.

Oh, and by high standards you pretty much mean "If it's Gen I it's awesome. If it's not from Gen I, then more likely than not it sucks."

Why do you even still play Pokemon if it'll never be Gen I again

It must make you miserable.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

The Riddler

I still enjoy the gameplay and like I said I don't hate the other ones, they're just not great designs.

Like I don't mind Trubbish and Garbodor like everyone else does.

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on May 12, 2013, 05:14:07 PM
I still enjoy the gameplay and like I said I don't hate the other ones, they're just not great designs.

Like I don't mind Trubbish and Garbodor like everyone else does.
You're obviously a closet genwunner you can stop denying it. Apparently Pokemon will never live up to your expectations.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Sirwaddy

Custom

gen 6 > gen 4 > gen 5
intercourse  w/ me

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Sirwaddy

I'm waiting for more 6 to make my full judgement. But it's definitely 5>4 for me. The ones in four I mostly like are the evolutions of oldies anyway, give or take a few Sinnoh guys.

Mona

I decided to do this thing. I can tolerate a lot more than you guys can, apparently. 

Gen I -> 151/151. 100% I can bring myself to outright hate anything in this gen. Probably because of nostalgia glasses but that's just how it is.

Gen II -> 97/100. 97%

Gen III -> 130/135. 96.3%

Gen IV -> 100/107. 93.5%

Gen V -> 144/ 156. 92.3% This gen was weird for me because the Pokemon I hated I REALLY hated and the Pokemon I loved I REALLY loved.

Gen VI so far is a 100% for me.

I can go ahead and make a list of what I dislike if you guys want.

Zero

The geographic location of Sinnoh is just an excuse, Kayo. The bottom line is that there is a restriction placed on the player that didn't need to be placed there. Same goes for Gen III.

Anyway, enough of that.

Mona hates Conkeldurr

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on May 12, 2013, 07:55:15 PM
The geographic location of Sinnoh is just an excuse, Kayo. The bottom line is that there is a restriction placed on the player that didn't need to be placed there. Same goes for Gen III.
Oh come on, you don't mean to say that the fact that only one fire type was available during the playthrough of D/P was just an accident? And an older-gen Fire type at that? I'm trying to give GF a lot of credit by saying that it's due to the location of Sinnoh instead of just developers being stupid. Doesn't excuse it, but at least it's a reason. (And if you think that Sinnoh ISN'T colder than all the other regions by design there's something seriously wrong with you)
[move][/move]

Zero

You give Game Freak too much credit Kayo. They at one time had some of the most incompetent programmers in the history of professional game development.

zephilicious

Quote from: Zero on May 12, 2013, 08:36:17 PM
You give Game Freak too much credit Kayo. They at one time had some of the most incompetent programmers in the history of professional game development.
this isnt a programming issue
~~ <3

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on May 12, 2013, 08:36:17 PM
I think we're talking about developers though.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: zephilicious on May 12, 2013, 08:38:51 PM
this isnt a programming issue

It doesn't matter. Unprofessional conduct leaks out into other aspects of Game Freak. The programming side is just the worst of it.

Quote from: Kayo on May 12, 2013, 08:43:10 PM
I think we're talking about developers though.

Programmers are developers bro. In any case, you still give them far too much credit.

The "location" of Sinnoh is just a cop-out.

Kayo

Quote from: Zero on May 13, 2013, 12:51:13 PM
It doesn't matter. Unprofessional conduct leaks out into other aspects of Game Freak. The programming side is just the worst of it.

Programmers are developers bro. In any case, you still give them far too much credit.

The "location" of Sinnoh is just a cop-out.
I'm not sure how many times I have to say this.

It doesn't excuse it by any means, but it was likely their reasoning. Because, it wasn't at all a question of thinking up new designs for Fire-types, because they could have put more than ONE old-gen fire in there. But they didn't. So someone had the "brilliant" idea of saying "Well, the region is up north and colder so fire types wouldn't live there anyway"

And then GF released the worst of the five Pokemon generations to date.
[move][/move]