News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Started by The Riddler, January 08, 2013, 04:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Quote from: Custom on May 15, 2013, 03:22:22 PM
nah i find 6th gen interesting and really enjoyed heartgold and soulsilver despite not liking second gen as a kid

so i still like pokemon

6th gen is just going to be more of the same though, and you know it.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 04:01:35 PM
6th gen is just going to be more of the same though, and you know it.

hey as long as they make the overworld interesting and drop the retro poop it'll be new enough for me

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kayo

I still don't like Helioptile's name, though. Let's talk about pronunciation on that. It looks like it would be "Hee-li-OP-tile," yet no matter how hard I try I can't get it to flow nicely. It's just really not doing it for me.

Speaking of Helio, though. It's the first and so far only Pokemon to ever have Normal as a secondary type, which is just plain weird. I mean, it's weird enough that it's normal anyway, considering there are no normal-type reptilian Pokemon so far. But for its typing to be Electric/Normal instead of Normal/Electric? I almost feel like it's going to be like Swablu and swap out Normal for another type upon evolution--but in this case it would retain its primary type sort of like Surskit/Masquerain and a handful of others who change their secondary type. I mean, I guess you could say the only reason Swablu had its first type changed instead of its second is because Flying was never a primary type until Gen V, but that's a different topic.

But then again, if it was going to acquire a secondary type, it would probably be pure Electric in its first stage. Honestly, I can't help but be really, really skeptical about the ordering of its typing. Normal is just something that... doesn't come second.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

zephilicious

HEE-lee-op-tile presumably, see heliophile
~~ <3

Sirwaddy

I like that it's part normal. Something different.

Custom

Quote from: Kayo on May 15, 2013, 04:24:01 PM
I still don't like Helioptile's name, though. Let's talk about pronunciation on that. It looks like it would be "Hee-li-OP-tile," yet no matter how hard I try I can't get it to flow nicely. It's just really not doing it for me.

Speaking of Helio, though. It's the first and so far only Pokemon to ever have Normal as a secondary type, which is just plain weird. I mean, it's weird enough that it's normal anyway, considering there are no normal-type reptilian Pokemon so far. But for its typing to be Electric/Normal instead of Normal/Electric? I almost feel like it's going to be like Swablu and swap out Normal for another type upon evolution--but in this case it would retain its primary type sort of like Surskit/Masquerain and a handful of others who change their secondary type. I mean, I guess you could say the only reason Swablu had its first type changed instead of its second is because Flying was never a primary type until Gen V, but that's a different topic.

But then again, if it was going to acquire a secondary type, it would probably be pure Electric in its first stage. Honestly, I can't help but be really, really skeptical about the ordering of its typing. Normal is just something that... doesn't come second.

so are you like good at pokemon or are you just crazy about it?

Zero

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 15, 2013, 05:17:20 PM
I like that it's part normal. Something different.

It's interesting. Other types would hate to be paired with normal, but electricity can get away with it, since its only weak to ground. Two weaknesses and an immunity isn't that bad.

Custom

fairy type is such a dumb name
we ain't playing yu-gi-oh

The Riddler

Quote from: zephilicious on May 15, 2013, 05:12:37 PM
HEE-lee-op-tile presumably, see heliophile
Hee-lee-ohp-tile

or

Hee-lee-uhp-tile

Sirwaddy

I am sorry I ever brought up phonetics.

In other news... some people think they spotted some Go-goat pre-evos or some poop

Zero

RazorFilledCandy

Quote from: Sirwaddy on May 15, 2013, 06:28:56 PM
I am sorry I ever brought up phonetics.

In other news... some people think they spotted some Go-goat pre-evos or some poop

I thought that was pansage falling

Kayo

Quote from: The Riddler on May 15, 2013, 06:19:13 PM
Hee-lee-ohp-tile

or

Hee-lee-uhp-tile
that says nothing about what syllable you stress which is usually the issue with ambiguously-pronounced pokemon names

saying it like "heliophile" but with a T thrown in there doesn't sound good either. It's just... not a great name.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RazorFilledCandy

I've been reading helioptile as helio-tile because I associate -pt with a silent p, like pterodactyl, but idk if it still does that if it doesn't start with pt

Kayo

Quote from: RazorFilledCandy on May 15, 2013, 07:56:57 PM
I've been reading helioptile as helio-tile because I associate -pt with a silent p, like pterodactyl, but idk if it still does that if it doesn't start it pt
It doesn't, but it would sound a lot better if it did.
[move][/move]